The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Hockeybuzz] Could the Sedin's be on the move?

Merci

Lol

"I talked to tony gallahger and dan Russell the other day, they told me the team is a mess, torts hates the city, gillis is always drunk, elder should be kicked out of the league and letting Raymond and pyatt walk were the worst moves this franchise ever made"

Annoying thread to read through. Half is the people who don't like Eklund so the bitch about him again in hopes to appear cool to other CDC members. The other half are just flat out terrible trade proposals from people who massively under value the Sedins.

Use some logic people. The Canucks have trouble scoring. The Sedins lead the Canucks in scoring. There is no bloody way any GM would trade the Sedins for a 1st liner in Giroux and a bunch of third line tweeners plus a likely high 1st.

I have to wonder why people here are so infatuated with Couterier and Simmonds to the point that they would actually consider trading the Sedins if we got one or both of them.

Only way the Sedins ever get traded is if this team declares full blown rebuild and at that point it would've to where they want to go for a package of stud prospects and draft picks that would accelerate the process. Not going to be shuffled for vets that are close to but not quite good enough.

Annoying thread to read through. Half is the people who don't like Eklund so the bitch about him again in hopes to appear cool to other CDC members. The other half are just flat out terrible trade proposals from people who massively under value the Sedins.

Use some logic people. The Canucks have trouble scoring. The Sedins lead the Canucks in scoring. There is no bloody way any GM would trade the Sedins for a 1st liner in Giroux and a bunch of third line tweeners plus a likely high 1st.

I have to wonder why people here are so infatuated with Couterier and Simmonds to the point that they would actually consider trading the Sedins if we got one or both of them.

Only way the Sedins ever get traded is if this team declares full blown rebuild and at that point it would've to where they want to go for a package of stud prospects and draft picks that would accelerate the process. Not going to be shuffled for vets that are close to but not quite good enough.

So then what exactly is the point of your post? Is it to say you like Eklund? Is it to say we're all doomed because the Sedins won't move? The proposals are frustrating, but that's any thread on CDC.

For a lot of words your post seems rather empty.

I highly doubt they would be trading Giroux, definitely not Hartnell he would be the person playing with the Sedins. I'd do it if it were something like this:

H.Sedin D.Sedin

for

Couturier

B. Schenn

Vorachek

Simmonds

1st

Instantly rebuilding the team and the Sedins can always return in FA. If they did happen to return in FA it would make Vancouver instant cup favourites. I can't see Philly being dumb enough to risk so much for 2 players that can just walk in the summer.

Trade them, tank for Ekblad sign them in free agency(minimum wage for one year to win the cup) and win the cup the next year.

Okay assuming that Giroux is on the trade block then I would take this in a instant:

H.Sedin D.Sedin

for

Giroux

Couturier

Voracek

B. Schenn

1st 2014

If that trade is presented to MG then he should be having a discussion with the Sedin's about being traded.

Strongly doubt Giroux is traded despite his poor start to the season. A scenario I could see happening if we do decide to rebuild, is trading the Sedins for that package (minus Giroux), guarantee that they sign in Philly for 3-4 years, then for the last two or so years of their careers, bring them back when everyone is in their prime or twilight of their careers:

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Voracek

Jensen - B. Schenn - Kassian

Sedin - Couturier - Sedin

Gaunce - Kesler - Hansen

Edler - Corrado

Hamhuis - Tanev

Garrison - Bieksa

Luongo

Lack/Eriksson

As much as I would hate to see the two best Canucks of all-time traded, I honestly would love to see what that team could do.

I swear, if the Sedins would just practice shooting all off season, and shoot the puck more like how Henrik did the year he was the hart trophy winner, no one would have anything bad to say about them and no one would want to trade them.

Seems like such a simple concept, but I guess it's just how they play.

It's not about not "liking" anyone...never met Eklund, so don't have a clue. Also, it's a blogger on his site who doesn't have any kind of strong ties/roots to Vancouver and has provided no credible sources. It's about not liking unsupported rumours and hearsay because that kind of drama has never helped this team. It's time for the media speculation and swirling stories to stop and hockey writers to focus on hockey and what players are doing/not doing on the ice, not what's happening off it.

Sure, it's ok to consider different scenarios and proposals but to throw in what I equate to basically "oh my Gawd, did you hear what he said?" nonsense is juvenile. Reading between lines to find something that may/may not be there. Frankly, it was the Luongo part of the story that totally discredited the rest of it for me.

Isn't it obvious that ANY team will upgrade if they can? That if a deal is presented that appears to fit that it'll get done? But, for some reason, these writers want to be on the breaking edge of that...you heard it here first. But often what we hear never ever pans out so it's a bunch of yip yap and nothing more.

No player is immune...trades over history should tell us that. We traded our beloved captain once...no one saw that coming. Gretzky got traded for crying out loud. But while players are here, still playing, I actually find it a little disrespectful to talk of them as if they're yesterday's news...they're out there, giving it their all...can we enjoy that until such time that something does or does not happen? Here's what I know: not only are they two of our best ever, they're two of the league's best and playing against them would be the bi-product of dealing them away. I think of that part of the equation too...do I really want my team playing against two of the league's most consistent scorers? Answer is no.

5. Speaking of the Canucks, Negotiations have not been going well with the Sedin's and Mike Gillis. A little birdy told me that Gillis has been receiving phone calls from other NHL GM's about the Sedin's services, and that Gillis is entertaining the thought of moving them. One Team I've heard mentioned, The Philadelphia Flyers. After firing their coach last week, and still not getting the results they want, Paul Holmgren is looking to make a splash. Things just got interesting.

Ok, I suppose Eklund might have connections on the Philly side, but not Van. With such a terrible start for PHI, why wouldn't rumours be swirling and phone calls be made? Or if they weren't made, lets just make up some rumour so we have something to talk about?

Please remember this IS the Eklund site.

The only team in this entire league that has comparable picks/prospects to feed this mass of crazy fans we have is Florida.

Gudbranson, Huberdeau Barkov (Campbell's contract to smooth things over and make room) and then the picks (2 firsts and 2 seconds is about right) is about what it would take. I say this because the return for players like Ryan, Iginla and even bloody Ott has been so incredibly high for 2nd liners and a 3rd line C that anything less than what I posted (in my opinion only) for two first line players of elite quality is just Gillis getting out GM'd again

That being said,

This clown notes no sources regurgitates week old rumours and then this troglodyte has the temerity to claim "he knows a guy" "A little birdy told him" "A source I spoke to"

Needless to say, Shakey the bum by the Robson st IGA is not a source birdy OR someone in the know. Ttoublesome trolling for clicks from a fan base hungry for any new movements on their team.

Also about Luongo...seriously?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Strongly doubt Giroux is traded despite his poor start to the season. A scenario I could see happening if we do decide to rebuild, is trading the Sedins for that package (minus Giroux), guarantee that they sign in Philly for 3-4 years, then for the last two or so years of their careers, bring them back when everyone is in their prime or twilight of their careers:

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Voracek

Jensen - B. Schenn - Kassian

Sedin - Couturier - Sedin

Gaunce - Kesler - Hansen

Edler - Corrado

Hamhuis - Tanev

Garrison - Bieksa

Luongo

Lack/Eriksson

As much as I would hate to see the two best Canucks of all-time traded, I honestly would love to see what that team could do.

Kesler as the 4th line center in 4 years.. at age 33??!!

Please, I'd love to hear more about your insight on the Vancouver Canucks

Before the Sedin's get to old we need:

An awesome 1st line, or trade them!!!

Onlt trade I could see us and the Flyers doing is for a goalie and since we traded Schnieds we wouldnt have a number 1 so thats about it.If there was a chance to trade the Sedin's we would have to get thier best 3 to 4 player, 1 to 2 first round picks and whatever else.It can be done, would give us a way better team with depth.They would get better but I think they would be allowed to talk to the Sedins agent and not trade cause they wouldnt resign there.So I highly doubt a trade will be done as they would get rapped in a trade!

Archived