The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Hockeybuzz] Could the Sedin's be on the move?

Merci

As much I would hate to see the Sedins go, I would at least consider it. That trade would end any concerns of a "window closing" for us. And Philly sucks right now so that 1st rounder will be high.

Not saying I would definitely do it, but I would at least have to consider it.

Sorry, wouldn't even think about it. The Backlash from the fans would be worse than when we moved Linden.

"No."

\can people here honestly say they wouldn't consider it? The twins are still great players, but they're not elite anymore and they will decline year by year. If they are indeed looking for $7.5m+ then MG should be fired instantly if he's not at least kicking tires. I love the twins, but hockey is a business and there's no room for sentiment anymore.......those days are gone.

Oh my God, someone who can't let the Luongo thing die and I should care what they or their birdbrain friends think? Can we strike some of these clowns off the valid sources list when their hot tips turn into soggy cornflakes?

Honestly, to take a quote that Lu says after a goal and spin it out of context in a dizzying way? Grasping at straws.

Wish some of these bloggers would be on the move. To baseball or bowling.

0/10

it creates discussion, what's wrong with that? I was under the impression this was a discussion board. What I'd like to see is the people who come into these threads to complain given a ban. They add nothing to the discourse and ruin any attempt at a good discussion.

it creates discussion, what's wrong with that? I was under the impression this was a discussion board. What I'd like to see is the people who come into these threads to complain given a ban. They add nothing to the discourse and ruin any attempt at a good discussion.

Like you just did?

FTR, I wasn't complaining about the thread, I was complaining about rumours that have no identified credible source behind them. And discussing that.

Do you think it helps our team to have this type of "OMG Lu's not happy (still)" nonsense floating around out there? Frankly, I'm tired of it. And rumours have never been appealing to me...I like facts. People get worked up about what these bloggers speculate, but most of it doesn't pan out. So there's my discussion on it.

Not happening.

why not? They're impending UFA's, their skills are declining and will continue to decline, they're getting older and will continue to get older, they're slowing down and will continue to slow down and they want a huge payday to the tune of $7.5m+ (if reports are true)...........you don't think there's at least a very real possibility that MG is considering it?

Though they won't fetch a Giroux, they would would certainly get at least one very good top 6 fwd, a cpl good prospects and a first round pick.

Like you just did?

Do you think it helps our team to have this type of "OMG Lu's not happy (still)" nonsense floating around out there? Frankly, I'm tired of it. And rumours have never been appealing to me...I like facts. People get worked up about what these bloggers speculate, but most of it doesn't pan out. So there's my discussion on it.

I didn't really even read the Luongo portion as \i don't really care at this point as it's all just melodrama, but certainly the Sedins issue is very real and doesn't seem to get much press. If they're looking for that much $, this late in their careers, MG has to be weighing pros and cons big time. He's missed out on some big moves over the past cpl years, and right now his career is defined by the goalie saga that he botched.

Its more of a rebuilding move

It makes the Canuck's future way brighter this team is a long shot to win the Stanley Cup I am not saying that its not possibly but the odds are not good. Why not trade away two pending UFA's for another teams future which is going to make us a much better team down the road? You are getting back some pretty damn good young players that will only get better and then there is the possibility the Sedin's just return to Vancouver in FA.

Okay assuming that Giroux is on the trade block then I would take this in a instant:

H.Sedin D.Sedin

for

Giroux

Couturier

Voracek

B. Schenn

1st 2014

If that trade is presented to MG then he should be having a discussion with the Sedin's about being traded.

First, there would be conditional picks in there.

Second, there's no chance that trade happens. Getting Giroux alone would be next to impossible with a pair of aging UFAs.

Third, it makes us a worse team right now.

simmonds kesler voracek

burrows schenn booth

higgins couturier hansen

santo richardson weiss

this is a weaker lineup

if the philly wants the sedins

it is

To PHIL

Sedins

3rd

To VAN

Giroux

Laughton

simmonds

voracek

couturier

CDC is so funny

I'm going to go one further (stawns) and continue to discuss this. And, ftr, I didn't say I completely disregard the fact that the Sedin's numbers may be leaving the door ajar to comparison shop. Never said that.

What I am saying is that a rumour generated by a guy who has never even been involved at any level, hands on, with Vancouver and is a blogger in (I believe) TO who's spent the vast majority of his time in the US isn't my go to guy for Canucks' news. Yes, he's considered a valid source by these standards, just not really by me.

These guys have to write something that grabs people's attention...I wouldn't even be talking about him if he hadn't. But I'm also not going to buy stock in it.

Let's take this part:

4. You'll notice in #1 when I mentioned the Canucks, I put (Clears throat) afterwards. The reason I said that was not because I don't think Roberto Luongo is a #1 goalie. He is, however I don't think he'll be there too much longer. This past week I spoke with a source out in Vancouver, and I asked him is the Canucks/Luongo situation going to get bad again. They told me Yes, they believe it will. When Luongo was asked 6 days ago about the weird goal that he let in when Hamhuis was skating with the puck behind the net he replied, "I didn't give it up so I don't know what happened?" Sounds to me that things will get rocky again soon.

First of all, if he can't use proper grammar when stirring the pot, he loses points with me. You're a teacher, I'll let you find it. ;)

Next: "they believe". Who's they? I feel a need to know. His cousin who put hockey cards in his spokes back in the day? His pizza guy out here on the west coast?

So, first of all, I don't know who they are (there's your clue about the grammar part....his source was a "he" who morphed into "they"...strength in numbers when rumour mongering perhaps? It was "a" source so did all the source's cousins suddenly weigh in too?). I know, nit picky, but it matters to me. If you're going to pretend you know stuff, make sure your fantasy doesn't grow during the process.

"Sounds to me". That's not enough for me, sorry.

As to Lu's quote....really? They're He's reading that much into it? Here's what it "sounds" like to me: it sounds like Lu's tired of the drama and wants to just play hockey. He knows that pots are being stirred with every breath he takes, every tweet he makes so he won't be put on the spot anymore. It never works in his favour to do so. This is what we'll get - generic answers, humorous tweets that he controls and/or abruptly cut off, as happened here with this quote. "Dont ask me" stuff. But it says nothing more to me.

Any player could be "on the move" at any time...things even do a complete turnaround at times and blindside everyone (see: Lu stays/Schneids goes). FTR, I called that one before it happened. So what's the point in getting caught up in it all?

Discussion means that everyone can weigh in with their thoughts...these are mine. I don't like rumours. They create drama, rifts and it's all often for nothing, as nothing pans out. Sure, a little discussion about possibilities is fine...but this "birdie/he/they/everyone/I don't know" told me stuff - no. He's got nothing.

There, I feel better now that I've added to the discussion.

I didn't really even read the Luongo portion as \i don't really care at this point as it's all just melodrama,

The topic was twofold, so that was maybe where you went wrong? Although you didn't even read part of it, that was the main point I was addressing and was very much on topic to do so. So before you attack, make sure you do read the entire link, because I base the credibility of bloggers on their entire content and then decide from there what I believe. In this case, someone who still is caught up with the Luongo Moodometer loses points from me. Frankly, he's here and in place in net so I don't give a flying frisbee if he loves or hates me...just stop all the pucks.

So, with that, let's allow people to carry on without any further hair splitting because we are losing focus here in a worthy topic. Enjoy the game. :)

Sounds like a classless writer making up stories and creating an excuse for controversial discussion. I guess this is journalism? The three Canucks mentioned are also the same three closest to HHOF. I guess there is nothing to write about these days for Jagr, Selanne, Iginla, Alfredsson, so he just moved down the list? What next, Hossa for Thorton? You heard it here first :picard:

Archived