The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Hockeybuzz] Could the Sedin's be on the move?

Merci

Oh my God, someone who can't let the Luongo thing die and I should care what they or their birdbrain friends think? Can we strike some of these clowns off the valid sources list when their hot tips turn into soggy cornflakes?

Honestly, to take a quote that Lu says after a goal and spin it out of context in a dizzying way? Grasping at straws.

Wish some of these bloggers would be on the move. To baseball or bowling.

0/10

First of all why does the "Luongo is unhappy" keep popping up? He has no choice. He's under contract for the next 9 years so regardless of whether he's happy or not he has to play or retire. Those are his options.

2nd of all while its probably full of sh!t we can't be so attached to players. I like the Sedins as much as the next, but if there is a trade that helps us in the long run, we should consider it.

Can we strike some of these clowns off the valid sources list when their hot tips turn into soggy cornflakes?

There is something seriously wrong with the process here when even the mods have to make these kinds of comments. What do we need, a petition to get HockeyBuzz on the invalid sources list?

Here is the explanation given for HockeyBuzz being listed as valid:

If he was truly a fraud, it's unlikely Sportsnet would have hired him, Darren Dreger would give him props for reporting something first, or any sports radio show would have him on as a guest. It's also unlikely that the other reporters at Hockeybuzz, such as Andy Strickland would be working with him.

Except anyone can sign up and blog for free on their site. Who is Josh Rimer? What is his track record with predictions and insider info? All I can find on him is he appears to host a web talk radio show on another site that anyone can sign up for. Aside from interviewing Ken Holland, his other recent guests are Michael Buble and an actor from Sons of Anarchy.

All I'm saying is, even if we are going to allow Eklund rumours, I don't understand why we allow anything related to his site as a valid source. Rumours like this are obviously drivel and not rooted in any reality.

simmonds kesler voracek

burrows schenn booth

higgins couturier hansen

santo richardson weiss

this is a weaker lineup

if the philly wants the sedins

it is

To PHIL

Sedins

3rd

To VAN

Giroux

Laughton

simmonds

voracek

couturier

Its more of a rebuilding move

does this make us better???

no

It makes the Canuck's future way brighter this team is a long shot to win the Stanley Cup I am not saying that its not possibly but the odds are not good. Why not trade away two pending UFA's for another teams future which is going to make us a much better team down the road? You are getting back some pretty damn good young players that will only get better and then there is the possibility the Sedin's just return to Vancouver in FA.

its Holmgren....

Okay assuming that Giroux is on the trade block then I would take this in a instant:

H.Sedin D.Sedin

for

Giroux

Couturier

Voracek

B. Schenn

1st 2014

If that trade is presented to MG then he should be having a discussion with the Sedin's about being traded.

Eklund didn't write this. Josh Rimer did. Maybe Eklund has to approve it or some crap but Rimer is the one who wrote this, not Eklund.

Yeah anyways if Gillis trades the Sedins I want him fired. I will never forgive him. EVER. If the Canucks trade the Sedins I will personally start a riot.

This has nothing to do with eklund. It has to do with the fact its Josh Rimer. This guy is literally ALWAYS wrong. Probably amongst the most garbage writers in the business.And my opinion is not based on the sedin rumor. It is just that if you follow the hockey blogsphere you know Rimer is an unreliable hack.

As much as I love the Sedins to stay with the club. People are insane if they don't want to trade the Sedins for a package deal for Giroux.

Giroux, Couturier, Meszaros and a 1st for the Sedins and Bieksa.

Couturier - Giroux - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Kassian

Booth - Santorelli - Hansen

Weise - Richardson - Sestito

Schroeder

Hamhuis - Tanev

Garrison - Meszaros

Weber - Stanton

Alberts

Firstly I'm not bashing the Sedins. I love everything they've done for this team and the community. Some of the nicest, classiest and most talented players around. I believe they should be re-signed for upwards of $7 million for 3 or 4 years and I want them to retire Canucks...

but...

give me a break people. The Sedins are 33 year old UFA's and every proposal on here has them being traded for a 25 year old stud locked up for 8 more years and is a top 10 player in the league despite this year's struggles. Then on top of it, Philly has to throw in 2 or 3 of their best players (top 10 picks) in their early 20's plus a first. Lol. Not even close.

Archived