The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Hockeybuzz] Could the Sedin's be on the move?

Merci

I hate to say it but if Linden could be traded and Bure then why not the twins???The greatest player in the world Wayne was traded so means any player can.I highly doubt that we would ever trade the Sedin's but saying that it CAN happen.If we traded them MG better get something unthinkble and yes the Sedin's are not being overvalued here, we can get more!!

If i was offered this I'd say yes and would take a trade like this for it to happen or something more

Sedin's,Schroeder & a 4th

for

Coburn,Giroux,Hartnell,Petr Straka,Brandon Manning and a 1st and 3rd round picks this year!

How can they even say that things will get rocky with Luongo because he stated he didn't let the goal happen with Hamhuis? That's the truth. It wasn't him. Wasn't his fault. Hammer let the puck go and out of all possible situations there it somehow ended up in the net. That doesn't even slightly sound like any jab from Lu to his team.

For the Twins situation, that's just what happens. Contract talks go a little quiet and the rumours fly up everywhere about possible trades. Usually nothing ever happens.

In fact, if I was MG I'd be listening on offers too. It doesn't hurt to listen.

They ARE aging UFA's with decreasing production, so I don't see Gillis wanting to sign them for too long or for too much.

I bet he's trying to get them to come down on $$$, and the Sedins won't budge.

If there isn't a deal in by mid-January, then I wouldn't be surprised to see them gone. I made a thread about how management has screwed over previous stars on our team and it was closed.

People need to take off their homer glasses, look at which franchise they're cheering for, and make the logical assumption: the Sedns may not retire as Canucks.

They've taken discounts and been gracious to our management and are OWED a proper contract, I just don't think the Canucks will give it to them.

I hate to say it but if Linden could be traded and Bure then why not the twins???The greatest player in the world Wayne was traded so means any player can.I highly doubt that we would ever trade the Sedin's but saying that it CAN happen.If we traded them MG better get something unthinkble and yes the Sedin's are not being overvalued here, we can get more!!

If i was offered this I'd say yes and would take a trade like this for it to happen or something more

Sedin's,Schroeder & a 4th

for

Coburn,Giroux,Hartnell,Petr Straka,Brandon Manning and a 1st and 3rd round picks this year!

Pretty simple really. Bure wanted out, Moose wanted Linden out, and Pocklington was broke

LOL if any GM was to screw up a trade of two 100 point players it would be gillis . Here's why this won't happen.

1. The source of the article... Come on

2. Why would the sedins waive? There happy with there family's here.

3. Gillis can not be that stupid to trade you're whole 1st line let alone you're whole team just cause you can't get a contract done in the 1st month of the season. The trade will blow up in our face and no playoffs for us

4. Tsn and everyone else would be in on this since it would be a huge story

And that luongo thing HAHAHAHA

I'm going to go one further (stawns) and continue to discuss this. And, ftr, I didn't say I completely disregard the fact that the Sedin's numbers may be leaving the door ajar to comparison shop. Never said that.

What I am saying is that a rumour generated by a guy who has never even been involved at any level, hands on, with Vancouver and is a blogger in (I believe) TO who's spent the vast majority of his time in the US isn't my go to guy for Canucks' news. Yes, he's considered a valid source by these standards, just not really by me.

These guys have to write something that grabs people's attention...I wouldn't even be talking about him if he hadn't. But I'm also not going to buy stock in it.

Let's take this part:

4. You'll notice in #1 when I mentioned the Canucks, I put (Clears throat) afterwards. The reason I said that was not because I don't think Roberto Luongo is a #1 goalie. He is, however I don't think he'll be there too much longer. This past week I spoke with a source out in Vancouver, and I asked him is the Canucks/Luongo situation going to get bad again. They told me Yes, they believe it will. When Luongo was asked 6 days ago about the weird goal that he let in when Hamhuis was skating with the puck behind the net he replied, "I didn't give it up so I don't know what happened?" Sounds to me that things will get rocky again soon.

First of all, if he can't use proper grammar when stirring the pot, he loses points with me. You're a teacher, I'll let you find it. ;)

Next: "they believe". Who's they? I feel a need to know. His cousin who put hockey cards in his spokes back in the day? His pizza guy out here on the west coast?

So, first of all, I don't know who they are (there's your clue about the grammar part....his source was a "he" who morphed into "they"...strength in numbers when rumour mongering perhaps? It was "a" source so did all the source's cousins suddenly weigh in too?). I know, nit picky, but it matters to me. If you're going to pretend you know stuff, make sure your fantasy doesn't grow during the process.

"Sounds to me". That's not enough for me, sorry.

As to Lu's quote....really? They're He's reading that much into it? Here's what it "sounds" like to me: it sounds like Lu's tired of the drama and wants to just play hockey. He knows that pots are being stirred with every breath he takes, every tweet he makes so he won't be put on the spot anymore. It never works in his favour to do so. This is what we'll get - generic answers, humorous tweets that he controls and/or abruptly cut off, as happened here with this quote. "Dont ask me" stuff. But it says nothing more to me.

Any player could be "on the move" at any time...things even do a complete turnaround at times and blindside everyone (see: Lu stays/Schneids goes). FTR, I called that one before it happened. So what's the point in getting caught up in it all?

Discussion means that everyone can weigh in with their thoughts...these are mine. I don't like rumours. They create drama, rifts and it's all often for nothing, as nothing pans out. Sure, a little discussion about possibilities is fine...but this "birdie/he/they/everyone/I don't know" told me stuff - no. He's got nothing.

There, I feel better now that I've added to the discussion.

It's just a rumor lol relax. Yeah it may be untrue and fake like I said too but you get so defensive over the Canucks.... If Gretzky got traded so can the sedins ( very unlikely). But who cares where he's from? Like do you want someone born in Vancouver lives with the team 24/7 then you're believe it? Every team in the NHL has fans that go through the same so read it and reply and take it for what it is. We are no different. Sedins are here to stay and if gillis does trade them then there's nothing we can do.

First, there would be conditional picks in there.

Second, there's no chance that trade happens. Getting Giroux alone would be next to impossible with a pair of aging UFAs.

Third, it makes us a worse team right now.

Where did I say that the trade would make the Canuck's better than they are now? It makes the future much brighter and instead of being a fringe playoff team for years it would make the us a dominant force once again for years to come. Just think how good we would be in 2-3 years with that trade. We'd have an extremely young and talented core of players unlike now where are window is almost completely closed.

You'd be effectively rebuilding while still staying a playoff team that is something that you just can't pass up especially because as you said the Sedin's are aging UFA's that's exactly why I said this should be done. If you actually read my previous post I said no way that Giroux gets traded and I made a second proposal due to a lot of people posting that Giroux would be part of the deal because its "Holmgren"

Nothing more then 6.5 each because they disappear when the going gets tough.

Hate to say it as i've done but nothing but back the Sedins but when it comes to playoff style hockey they just aren't strong enough to play the style it takes to win.

Unless Kassian or Kesler really establishes themselves with with the Sedins they won't have a hope in hell without a big body to pave the way for them come playoff time.

A couple big young skilled players coming our way would have to tempt MG he would be stupid to at least not consider it. I know i would.

This article proves that anyone can type a topic on the computer and claim it to be legitimate. I guess because it's a "rumour" it doesn't matter what happens afterwards huh?

This article is so poorly written though it's actually obvious it's not legitimate. Poor writer, can't even write something convincing.

I think the only time this will be looked at as a possibility is if the club struggles and is most likely out of a playoff spot when the deadline is close.

If that is the case a trade with philly bringing back some of their prospects and of course a 1st / 2nd along with a combo of couturier, schenn, laughton, simmonds, morin, read etc may not be the end of the world as potential to fill some holes in other areas of the team as well as 2 1sts again

I doubt that the team will be in that situation though

Archived