The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Dale Weise the most underrated athlete of all time?!?!

apollo

He's been alright but he's not our most underrated player. I really believe right now it has to be Stanton. Guy is solid as hell back there.

Oh wow ur right I forgot about him. I think he's been really solid for all but one game. Great waiver pick up.

BEST SUMMATION

“I’m not so sure he knows what’s going on. I think it’s just happening, but it was a big goal for us. I’d like to get him on the ice more.”

— John Tortorella on Dale Weise’s dangle, drop pass, taking a hit and then getting to loose puck to set up Brad Richardson. :lol:

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/10/19/van-provies-shootout-karma-wow-its-weise-testing-torts-sid-is-no-kid/

I'm waiting for that Tom Sestito poster to come in here and try and argue that Weise is the liability out of the two of them.

I'm just saying that weise is a turnover machine and does try things that don't generally work for him. For once, the saucer pass connected. If he can get that inconsistency out of his game, I'd really really like him.

Weise is the better player easily, but i'm also scared when he has the puck lol. It's like Tanev v Edler. Edler's better, but more scared when he has the puck.

For what it's worth he played more than Hansen in tonight's game, getting nearly 9 mins. (Jannik's not injured, is he?)

EDIT: Dang it, he is. Maybe this'll be a chance for him to hold down the 3rd line right wing spot for now, since he delivers a poor man's version of Jannik's style of play anyways.

If you waved him he would be scooped up in a manner of minutes. He's been improving and is turning into a very good bottom six player.

I always like what I saw with him and the nucks have probably done really well here. Torts even said that they didn't want to lose Wiese when they waved him.

If you waved him he would be scooped up in a manner of minutes. He's been improving and is turning into a very good bottom six player.

I always like what I saw with him and the nucks have probably done really well here. Torts even said that they didn't want to lose Wiese when they waved him.

After Hanson went down Torts moved him onto the 3rd line and he did well. It is tough for him on a 4th line when the expectations are more physical and yet he does handle the puck pretty well. He can get lost in the d-zone at times.

I remember some Weise-hate thread on hfboards ended up in half of Canuck fans defending him, some extremely, with the other half joining Canuck haters dissing Weise. I think he does his role pretty well. Almost reminds me of how Dave Scatchard started out - slow start, fights and hits with speed but with no finish. Glimpses of a regular solid third liner that hopefully can progress like Scatchard.

Archived