The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waived] DAL puts Aaron Rome on waivers. Do we drop AHLberts and bring back Romer ?

You know we would only pay half of that right? (0.75ish) million

that is not correct, there is no more re-entry waivers in the new CBA therefore no more split salaries from waivers. if you pick rome up you pay him his full ticket & cap hit.

When there were re-entry waivers (which stexx already explained there aren't any more) they'd only apply when a player is getting called up. Rome has already been called up from his conditioning stint and is now being put on waivers so he can be sent down, which never had the option of claiming someone at half price.

So, no to Rome when he costs nearly 3 times as much as Alberts or Weber.

Worried about cap hit? You can't be serious.

We currently have over $7.3M cap worth of injured players, that does not include all the extra cap we had to begin with. If players return from injury, we simply waive Rome. Much greater depth, almost zero learning curve given the chemistry he already has with our guys, no risk whatsoever.

We have the space, and no other possible way to use it right now, there are zero cap issues for the Canucks. Now as to whether the Canucks want to bring in another Dman when we need bodies up front, that is another matter.

Rome at 1.5 - no thanks.

And people actually complained about Tanev at 1.5.

He's been our best D-man this season.

I wish we could have locked him in longer, but I can see why his agent didn't want to. This is going to be a coming out season for him.

And people actually complained about Tanev at 1.5.

He's been our best D-man this season.

I wish we could have locked him in longer, but I can see why his agent didn't want to. This is going to be a coming out season for him.

Coming out? He needs to acquire a shot first.

Hey, I like Tanev and his shot-blocking, but there's still not much coming in terms of offense and that may see him as a third-pair kinda guy for awhile. $1.5mil was a bit on the high side but it's still alright.

Archived