The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is anyone else loving Ryan Stanton right now?

billabong

As the 3rd pairing D, he lacks size and toughness. Besides KB3, our defense is really soft to be honest.

Edler has the physical play when he wants to. Plus like Torts says he takes up so much space in virtue of his size and strength. People under estimate his value to the defense corps way too much.

Stanton isn't too bad strength wise either- has shown he can hit and rub guys out when need be. I'd especially like to see what he has left in the tank when the playoffs roll around. Very dependable D man. Excellent pick up by MG that cost the team nothing.

Edler has the physical play when he wants to. Plus like Torts says he takes up so much space in virtue of his size and strength. People under estimate his value to the defense corps way too much.

Stanton isn't too bad strength wise either- has shown he can hit and rub guys out when need be. I'd especially like to see what he has left in the tank when the playoffs roll around. Very dependable D man. Excellent pick up by MG that cost the team nothing.

Edler maybe big and takes up space, however, when push comes to shove, Edler is utter soft. The same goes to guys like Hamuhis, Harrison, etc.

Edler maybe big and takes up space, however, when push comes to shove, Edler is utter soft. The same goes to guys like Hamuhis, Harrison, etc.

Nah. Just because Edler doesn't run around trying to throw big hits doesn't mean he is soft. I'd rather him play in position and make good hits when they're there rather than play out of position, especially on D.

Made a play on Hertl exactly like Torts wanted and look what happened. Hertl ran into a big guy with his head down. Edler is a big strong guy and the Canucks D need him badly.

It's understand; by tough he means a 6'5 229 lb hard hitting, bottom pairing, lip busting, face smashing, d man.

Yes, solid defenseman, excellent positional play with only 1 minor penalty so far. He's a +4 with 4 points in 12 games, damn good stats for a bottom pairing D-man. Credit Gillis with an outstanding waiver pick up and Tort's for recognising what he had and having the courage to play him immediately.

Archived