The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT- Vancouver 1 - 2 Dallas

Watermelon

We should have buried 5 - then it wouldn't have been an issue at all. Get it?

We outshot them 43-23 and that was the plan in that. Even guys named Crosby and Malkin have times where it just isn't happening. I love how people assume you just go out and score those goals.

Awful call on the no-goal but it's not why we lost

How many PP's did we have? And how many shots on goal did we have? And how many times did we cash in?

The goal droughts are inexplicable on this team. When none of Daniel, Kesler, Burrows, Hansen, Higgins, Kassian, Booth, Santo or any of the Dmen can hit the scoresheet, that's a real problem.

And it's not that Lehtonen was stellar. How many high-quality chances did we have on him? Shots from the perimeter ain't going in on any goalie in this league folks. All the end up doing is giving the goalie more and more confidence as he makes more and more of those saves. And poor Luongo at the other end is just chilling, hasn't had a touch of the puck in forever, and then we give up an odd man rush and expect him to bail us out? Not fair at all.

The Canucks have always relied on scoring from the back end. How long has it been since Edler or Garrison scored? Heck how long has it been since Garrison hit the net with a freaking shot?

Either all these above mentioned players better bump their slumps in a hurry, or else MG has to manufacture a trade. Offense can't go cold at this stage in the season. Against the old NW division, these points were easy to make up. Not any more. A few more losses and we won't be able to make up ground to get back into playoff positioning.

I disagree.

Yeah...he stood at the blue line instead of getting after the puck on a shoot in.

Sorry, I was all for Booth when he came here - but he just doesn't seem to be helping...

Oh, and Burrows, in case you didn't get the memo, the Canucks don't dive anymore...just play the game and concentrate on scoring instead of trying to get a call...

How many PP's did we have? And how many shots on goal did we have? And how many times did we cash in?

The goal droughts are inexplicable on this team. When none of Daniel, Kesler, Burrows, Hansen, Higgins, Kassian, Booth, Santo or any of the Dmen can hit the scoresheet, that's a real problem.

And it's not that Lehtonen was stellar. How many high-quality chances did we have on him? Shots from the perimeter ain't going in on any goalie in this league folks. All the end up doing is giving the goalie more and more confidence as he makes more and more of those saves. And poor Luongo at the other end is just chilling, hasn't had a touch of the puck in forever, and then we give up an odd man rush and expect him to bail us out? Not fair at all.

The Canucks have always relied on scoring from the back end. How long has it been since Edler or Garrison scored? Heck how long has it been since Garrison hit the net with a freaking shot?

Either all these above mentioned players better bump their slumps in a hurry, or else MG has to manufacture a trade. Offense can't go cold at this stage in the season. Against the old NW division, these points were easy to make up. Not any more. A few more losses and we won't be able to make up ground to get back into playoff positioning.

Agreed, we need more ways of creating offence.

I don't care about the blown call.. this team cant.friggin.score! We're getting a ton of shots but they're all from the perimeter.

This team other than Kesler and the Sedins are filled with hard working THIRD LINERS. Absolutely no secondary scoring unless one of our grinders gets on a hot streak.

What will it take for our incompetent 'patient' GM to make a move? we've been on a top 6 forward search for like 3 years now. All that time, we saw James Neal traded, Bobby Ryan, Tomas Vanek, Richards, Carter etc. go to other teams while we pick up 'projects' like Booth, Sturm....

Gillis would be a great assistant manager for his re-signing skills but the guy have no clue how to make a deal.

We outshot them 43-23 and that was the plan in that. Even guys named Crosby and Malkin have times where it just isn't happening. I love how people assume you just go out and score those goals.

I love you too. :bigblush:

Look, these guys are highly paid professionals - yes, hockey is "entertainment" but come on, 1 goal for in each of the last 4 games?

We are now down to 2.47 goals for average per game this year.

Last year we were only 2.64 - this team needs to be over 3..00 to be competitive.

psssst... they disallowed a clear goal that cost us the game. So yea, the refs cost us the game. Clear now? Want a cookie??

Boohoo the ref messed up on a call, it happens. Still doesn't change the fact that we are still lacking quality scoring chances.

Don't tell me the refs are the reason why we lost to the Kings, Ducks, Sharks and the Stars. Even if the game was 2-2 you would have to think that these opportunities have to start going in.

If I were you I'd worry about our powerplay getting a little more consistent and finding some finish rather than blaming the refs. Want a cookie?

He did everything but score tonight. Played along the boards well, made a few nice passes to set up for chances, was good on the fore check. Guy gets too much hate. The whole team isn't scoring right now. He doesn't deserve to be the scape goat.

He had several failed clearing attempts. Just as many half-assed attempts to chase the puck while in the offensive zone. At least two give aways. The guy gets targeted by the fans because he is a waste of space on the roster and cap hit. He has had plenty of chances to make something happen. It's not just this current funk the team is in. Booth has never been more than an empty net goal and a bucket of disappointment while in Vancouver.

The no goal call fired up the team and we completely dominated the second period. Again, good team game with very little mistakes. But as others have said, we need to score more than 1 goal to win. I think we are in a dire need of a finisher who can bury those chances and we will definitely make the playoffs.

Only if we can somehow have a player like Hossa, an elite level finisher, we can do what Chicago did in 2010. I wish we had Bure now.

Canucks dominate these games because they work hard and are well coached.

We are losing because we don't have enough talent. With talent you can work 1/2 as hard and get twice the result.

this is how I feel

Tanev

Edler

2014 1st

Hansen

Jensen

some combination of the above assets must be able to get us a legit top 6 forward. But if we move elder, I would also like a #5 dman back

here we go:

Booth

Tanev

Jensen

2014 1st

Andersson

to FLA for

Fleishmann

Mathias

2014 2nd

or

Edler

schroeder

Jensen

Hansen

2014 1st

to NYR for

MDZ

Stepan

2014 2nd

or

Edler

Jensen

Hansen

to PHI

Schenn Brothers

2014 2nd

Our pp is basically the Sedins playing pass to each other then pass back to the point for a shot. Very predictable and easy to shutdown. While the California teams PP are all down low plays shots from 10-5 feet away.

Archived