The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT- Vancouver 1 - 2 Dallas

Watermelon

If I went to this game and paid good money to watch a professional ice hockey game with professional referees... I think I'd be probably filing some sort of small claims charge against the NHL to be reimbursed for the waste of time watching a bunch of idiot ref's decide a Canucks game.

I know they have a hard job, but these ref's were blinder than the judges at the GSP / Hendricks Fight last night..... and that was another tragedy in pro sports in it's own way.

Starting to wonder how much money is involved through online gambling websites to keep the books looking good....

If you start a lawsuit against the NHL with the best evidence by the TV replay and showing that you are a paying customers and you wanted the best team that wins the game, not the referee and the referee robbed them of the game by his clouded judgment or the call that he never see 100%, you have a case. You could make a complaint that the product is not as good and calls must be a high standard and you felt that you are robbed by these and feels that your time is not worthy when you see referee like this. It is best if you make a lawsuit directed to the referee association, rather than the NHL. When the NHLOA is feeling the heat, they could clean up the game faster because they know that they cannot keep doing this again and again to the fans. However, you need more than one evidence, you need more evidence than just the TV ones. There is no other evidence to produce in the mind of the referees.

Sadly, the court will say that the league has their own procedure with the association so you are out of luck. Lawsuit is unlikely, even a small claim. Too bad, you are not a single ticket holder in this game.

In the meantime we need to send Dalpe, Welsh, and Sestito down to Utica.

Call up Grenier, Archibald, and Pelletier.

Booth - Santorelli - Kassian

Archibald - Richardson - Grenier

Gotta have a fourth line that can play more than 30 seconds a game without ending up a -1.

Its torts fault for changing their line mates all the time. Get 3 fourth liners and just let them build chemistry. PLUS play them a little more ffs

Lappy would look great right now had we signed him over Albert's ... Sestito Lappy and weise when he's back would be a terrific 4th that could log 6-8 minutes a night

At this point, we will have to wait until next season and have our young guys like Horvat and Shinkaruk to come in, because we aren't going to get real help by trading.

this

All we can do is waive Booth and try and sign a big UFA

Yes... yes... Come to the dark side.

:bigblush:

But seriously, I demand my thread at the beginning of the season be unlocked if this is the state of the team at the end of the year.

Don't blame it on the refs, don't blame it on the hot goalie. Blame it on the team that can't score.

Our team makes every goalie look like a hot goalie. This is the problem. Please come around and rack up some garbage goals and get some confidence. The confidence can't get much lower than this.

The Canucks will run into a stretch where goalies is not so hot and start letting in one of the weak goals. The opposition cannot keep winning the games if the Canucks still dominate teams in term of shots department. Even in their game, it is noticeably dominating games but goalie bailed them out. Be patient, boys. Coyotes, Kings, Ducks, and the Stars' goaltenders will not be able to stay hot all year long and the Canucks should be able to win more games against them often than not during the year if they dominate the game action that outshots the opposition by a good margins.

Its torts fault for changing their line mates all the time. Get 3 fourth liners and just let them build chemistry. PLUS play them a little more ffs

Lappy would look great right now had we signed him over Albert's ... Sestito Lappy and weise when he's back would be a terrific 4th that could log 6-8 minutes a night

Lapierre became a magnet for penalties. Also he liked to party too much and that cost him.

So much hate on Booth tonight and on the secondary scorers. How about The Sedins on a 2 on 1 in a perfect position for a shot/rebound and instead make a blind behind the back pass to a Dallas player? OR when Danny passes to Henrik in the seam who is behind the Dallas D man and Hank passes off to the boards to start the cycle? I've seen this same play from the twins numerous times this season and it is ridiculous. It's like they're allergic to the slot! WE had 43 shots tonight and the only forward I recall actually coming off the side boards to drive into the slot was Burrows.

This team either lacks the talent to get into good scoring positions, or it lacks the commitment to do it. Torts needs to read the riot act to the Sedins that if they want to keep getting top minutes as our offensive line, they bloody well better change things up. Those who keep saying "it's only a four game scoring drought" are kidding themselves (or pacifying themselves). This "drought" has been going on for 3 years when it matters. An inability to generate offense/and or capitalize on chances leaves the Nucks vulnerable to bad bounces and bad calls (like tonight) and place far too much strain on their goalies d zone coverage. It's as if they have developed a mindset that all games are going to be close and so they play accordingly. Teams like Chicago, SJS etc, play with the expectation that they are going to out-score their opponents by a 2-1 or 3-1 margin and do.

amazing how many people are over reacting a trade isn't coming and it isn't needed players are under achieving end of story and once they start burying those chances they keep getting people will be singing a different tune

it's funny when the team is winning nobody talks of trades only when the team loses

Did you cut and paste your comments from the 2011 season? Last year? the year before? Same problem and same comments. Every analyst and even Nucks management have all acknowledged that scoring goals has and continues to be a problem for this team..at least when it counts. Nothing has been done and here we are again.

Even the Oilers have scored as many goals in their last game than the Nucks have in their previous four.

Absolutely zero finish on this team. David Booth with another fine outing. Daniel Sedin riding Henriks coat tails again. Edler fumbling the puck in his own end is nothing new.

That is flat out sad

I can't get: why the refs didn't reviewed the first PP goal ?

Why in the hell the league has this video system ?!

goaltender interference calls aren't reviewable. it's stupid, but that's the rule. It happens pretty often actually, it's not some conspiracy against the canucks.

they need to make those reviewable and give coaches challenges

Refs didn't beat the Canucks.

1 ref made 1 mistake - yes, it cost us a goal - so what.

Bottom line is we're not burying our chances.

How could you say that? We lost by one goal so that goal was the biggest key in the loss. How do you not see that?

This ref should be suspended for that. I loved how the Arena lost it like that. The fans needed to respond.

Our guys played hard and did not deserve to lose. This kind of loss stings more, especially when it comes down to a goal that needed to have counted.

So frustrating

while the no goal was a bad call...its the least of our problems ....4 goals in 4 games....

logical fail.

When you're struggling to score and a legitimate goal is taken away, in a game you lose by one goal, it's not the least of your problems, not by any stretch of the imagination or rationalization.

So much hate on Booth tonight and on the secondary scorers. How about The Sedins on a 2 on 1 in a perfect position for a shot/rebound and instead make a blind behind the back pass to a Dallas player? OR when Danny passes to Henrik in the seam who is behind the Dallas D man and Hank passes off to the boards to start the cycle? I've seen this same play from the twins numerous times this season and it is ridiculous. It's like they're allergic to the slot! WE had 43 shots tonight and the only forward I recall actually coming off the side boards to drive into the slot was Burrows.

This team either lacks the talent to get into good scoring positions, or it lacks the commitment to do it. Torts needs to read the riot act to the Sedins that if they want to keep getting top minutes as our offensive line, they bloody well better change things up. Those who keep saying "it's only a four game scoring drought" are kidding themselves (or pacifying themselves). This "drought" has been going on for 3 years when it matters. An inability to generate offense/and or capitalize on chances leaves the Nucks vulnerable to bad bounces and bad calls (like tonight) and place far too much strain on their goalies d zone coverage. It's as if they have developed a mindset that all games are going to be close and so they play accordingly. Teams like Chicago, SJS etc, play with the expectation that they are going to out-score their opponents by a 2-1 or 3-1 margin and do.

Amen! Good post.

The fact that our top players need GPS to find the front of the net is not new really. What's concerning is that they usually save that problem for the games that matter. The fact that we're seeing it at this time of the season is disturbing (with all due respect to Dallas Eakins).

Normally I would say when we outplay the opposition this bad it's only a matter of time before the wins come, but I'm not so sure this time.

It's not that we're getting robbed by amazing goalies, it's that our players look like they're just going through the motions right now. They're not making that extra move, or risking getting drilled in order to get the puck into a scoring position. Until they do that they're going to be piling up the shots from the perimeter, where they're unlikely to score.

Normally I would say when we outplay the opposition this bad it's only a matter of time before the wins come, but I'm not so sure this time.

It's not that we're getting robbed by amazing goalies, it's that our players look like they're just going through the motions right now. They're not making that extra move, or risking getting drilled in order to get the puck into a scoring position. Until they do that they're going to be piling up the shots from the perimeter, where they're unlikely to score.

Yeah. Players have droughts. Teams have failure to execute. Even when they find themselves in position, they don't appear to have that instinct to get the puck up. The best goalies in this league all cover the bottom of the net. Everyone knows this. The difference is, real goal scorers execute on their chances by going upstairs. This is a skill that appears to be absent on our team.

Canucks had plenty of chances to put the game away.... but they missed their opportunities.

The Ref taking away the goal was an issue, but they still could have won the game.

They need to convert. Until they start getting their shooting confidence, they will continue to fail.

It's interesting and cool that Henrik was saying how much more they are battling as a group in comparison to the past and how they are blocking shots and sticking up for each other etc etc. Its interesting that he emphasizes that he likes that they are sticking up for each other.

Archived