The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Panthers @ Canucks - 7PM

boss

there is no way luongo will be the starter for team Canada the guy has been below average..

You can't look spectacular when you only face 20 something shots a game that tend to be high quality compared to Mike Smith playing behind the trap facing 35 perimeter shots. Stats aren't everything

Wow, so much defeatism here. You guys complain about the team not showing any fight, and yet a significant portion of you have crumpled and already surrendered the game after the team has lost one period.

Yeesh!

regards,

G.

This is a bottom feeder team.

I'm not going to turn the TV off and call it a game, but I don't think I was going to watch us getting 0 goals, getting outplayed and I watched a pretty bad offensive game.

if they hurry this game along they can get home in time for Sons of Anarchy.

Lu seems a little wobbly on his rebounds tonight and tracking though,

he`s not the reason we`re losing though.

also Who was supposed to be watching Boyes on the goal

*also Im going to send Janet Holder some hate mail *

That's when we had D-men who could actually carry the puck rather than just bang it up off the glass.

When we had D-men like Ehrhoff, Salo, and Ballard, they could all skate up the ice and gain the zone. That makes a huge difference for the Sedins game.

True! Good thing we aren't paying our D core big bucks...oh wait!!

you're seriously blaming Luongo for how bad we've been lately?

Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin have more point in their last 2 games than our entire team combined has in their last 4 games.

I don't really think he's blaming Luongo tonight. Although It's not really his fault, one thing that is true.... Luongo has no business being the starter for team Canada. He hasn't stolen a game for us yet. As far as I know. he's looked average too me, but Luongo is not payed to be average goalie. Lets not talk about stealing games like he did in 2007, lets talk about the Luongo early in the 2010 season. He looks nothing like that.

Derp de derp de derp. The issue is what the Canucks players are trying to do. No attempts to connect passes to a man in the slot. Always the same attack: straight until you encounter resistance, then to the corner of the opposing blue line, dump or skate it in, around and around the puck goes until defenders read where it's going and send it out easily. Or maybe a shot from a short angle. No one tries to make those tight passes to the guy standing at the corner of the net or top of the crease (often there just isn't even a guy there).

The fix is easy and has little to do with the team lacking skill. Its confidence but also creativity. This team is still in the grips of AV's terribly boring play style of the last 2 years.

It most definitely has to do with skill. That and those that are more skilled on this team are shtting the bed or are on the decline (Sedins). That massive drop off in offense over the past couple seasons has to do with that exactly. Higgins, Santorelli, Hansen. That second line sucks. Great third line, but not a second line you want to rely on too often. Burrows can't play without the twins, I've made this argument a million times and it's only showing true again this season. Edler is a dud this entire season thus far, Garrison has been a dud offensively since about game 10. Yadda, yadda, yadda..

Derp de derp de derp. The issue is what the Canucks players are trying to do. No attempts to connect passes to a man in the slot. Always the same attack: straight until you encounter resistance, then to the corner of the opposing blue line, dump or skate it in, around and around the puck goes until defenders read where it's going and send it out easily. Or maybe a shot from a short angle. No one tries to make those tight passes to the guy standing at the corner of the net or top of the crease (often there just isn't even a guy there).

The fix is easy and has little to do with the team lacking skill. Its confidence but also creativity. This team is still in the grips of AV's terribly boring play style of the last 2 years.

Right, it's the previous coach's fault now. Nothing to do with the players we have on this team now right?

Btw, you should have checked out the AV led Rangers vs Bruins tonight. As mentioned in one of the posts above, their top players Richards and Nash were flying around out there pretty good. I guess that was due to their previous coach then?

You can't look spectacular when you only face 20 something shots a game that tend to be high quality compared to Mike Smith playing behind the trap facing 35 perimeter shots. Stats aren't everything

Honestly I don't care if Lu doesn't play in 2014. I don't think Canada will win this year and don't care about Olympics. Canada is not my team, Canucks are and I want a cup. I was only happy for Lu winning gold on the biggest stage ever in 2010, but I wasn't jumping for joy when Crosby scored, not even close.

I still don't understand why Tanev/Hamhuis have been moved to shutting down the opp's 2nd line, instead of the 1st. The teams struggles started when the d-coach moved that pairing. Edler Garrison are getting lit up in shot differential most nights. They are NOT the teams shut down pairing - the d coach needs to wake up.

Archived