The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Panthers @ Canucks - 7PM

boss

They're not. The Sedins aren't more than ppg players. We have no real #1 D-Man. Our second liners are actually third liners. We're in trouble and it's not changing any time soon. Lets face it.

I can't imagine what Torts really thinks watching the Sedins plod up the ice and then cycle behind the goal line with no shots. Watching Nash and Richards tonight, those guys set the pace and drove the play every time they were on the ice. He has to wonder how the Nucks ever had the succss they did with the style the twins play.

maybe this team is just not as good as we think. Just look at the last 4 games. Nuff said. Good teams don't lose 4 straight to division rivals.

we aren't, the only reason we're even in 9th is because we've played more games than most teams in the west. after tonight if we lose Dallas will be 1 point back with 3 games in hand, Jets will be 2 points back with the same # of games played, and Nashville will be 3 points back with 2 games in hand. if we lose tonight don't be surprised to see us in 11th or 12th by the end of the week.

This skid reminds of the 11 game slid few years ago, which ended against Carolina.

I wish organizations have conferences where fans are allowed to attend and ask the questions. I would rip Gillis a new one

Start an "internet" based news/sports site. :)

Sloppy 1st period from the Nucks and Thomas ontop of his game...seems like it'll be a tough night.

I would say Thomas hasn't even been tested. We have made him make the routine positional saves with most shots on the outside. Only good scoring chance was Burrows hitting the post

This skid reminds of the 11 game slid few years ago, which ended against Carolina.

I wish organizations have conferences where fans are allowed to attend and ask the questions. I would rip Gillis a new one

you mean you're not impressed with the "reset"?!

They're not. The Sedins aren't more than ppg players. We have no real #1 D-Man. Our second liners are actually third liners. We're in trouble and it's not changing any time soon. Lets face it.

Derp de derp de derp. The issue is what the Canucks players are trying to do. No attempts to connect passes to a man in the slot. Always the same attack: straight until you encounter resistance, then to the corner of the opposing blue line, dump or skate it in, around and around the puck goes until defenders read where it's going and send it out easily. Or maybe a shot from a short angle. No one tries to make those tight passes to the guy standing at the corner of the net or top of the crease (often there just isn't even a guy there).

The fix is easy and has little to do with the team lacking skill. Its confidence but also creativity. This team is still in the grips of AV's terribly boring play style of the last 2 years.

blame mike gillis for this i bet cody hodgson could of scored, Zack Kassian develops in three years when the sedins and the teams window is shut well great move there gillis. O yeah who could forget trading away your goaltender for a draft pick haha

there is no way luongo will be the starter for team Canada the guy has been below average..

you're seriously blaming Luongo for how bad we've been lately?

Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin have more point in their last 2 games than our entire team combined has in their last 4 games.

Did the players even mentally prepare themselves for the game tonight?

This team seems to look so disinterested in what they are trying to do. Lack of emotion, lack of intensity and there seems to be no passion in their game. If you aren't scoring, do the little things right. We seem to do that the last few games but seems like that has evaporated as well.

Archived