The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth: Hold onto him?

Spotted Zebra

I'd rather just keep him. I don't know if we could get a better player for that same price. If we need the cap space to get better then buy him out at the end of the year and pick up a top 6 forward somehow.

David booths cap hit is probably fair if he can keep his production up. In Vancouver we're getting used to Mike Gillis signing these money ball contracts, he's very good at it but i think we're so used to it that overpaying a little bit for a player just seems ludicrous at this point.

With the cap going up, Booth is probably going to be at market value or even less.

That would certainly explain her hating it there. :lol: Although it just being Edmonton would be enough for me. One trip there and I hope to never be back in this lifetime. Calgary on the other hand I've been to many times and really enjoy the city.

It was hilarious when he went back to Edmonton for the first time since getting traded in the middle of the night for peanuts. Someone had a sign that said the gap in your story is bigger than the one between your teeth. ::D

I'd rather just keep him. I don't know if we could get a better player for that same price. If we need the cap space to get better then buy him out at the end of the year and pick up a top 6 forward somehow.

David booths cap hit is probably fair if he can keep his production up. In Vancouver we're getting used to Mike Gillis signing these money ball contracts, he's very good at it but i think we're so used to it that overpaying a little bit for a player just seems ludicrous at this point.

With the cap going up, Booth is probably going to be at market value or even less.

Exactly. Sometimes you can't just throw away players because they are slightly overpaid.

Buy him out. His trade value is not improving and he won't get us anything in return.

You obviously haven't watched the Canucks play this year. Booth is leaps and bounds improved. His skating has been realigned into form and it shows. Goals are starting to come to. If you have a problem with Booth, you definitely have a problem with Burrows.

^ If he continues to be a better player and still produce, why buy him out? Yeah he makes 4.2 mil, but the cap is going up next year. If were gonna make any changes next summer for a top 6 forward, it should be to try and trade Edler. Tanev is outplaying him this year. I think Booth is interchangeable on the 2nd and third line. 4.2 Mil is a lot for a 3rd liner but he can play in the top 6 also. More so now that it seems he is starting to find his game.

My worry is that he's injury prone. Sure he is playing well now but he was also playing well when he was first traded for. That injury against the Avs really set him back. Who is to say he won't get injured again since he's been injured I think 5 times as a Canuck already over the span of 2 1/2 season (one of which was a shortened one).

buy him out. He is not worth anything close to his cap hit. Period.

Yeah, then just sign a player to replace him and surely that player with sign with us because it's NHL14 right?

You can't just go out there, offer someone a contract and expect them to sign with you. He is an excellent 3rd liner and we aren't going to be in a cap crunch next season either.

Hopefully if we decide to move him on, we can trade him. He will be easier to deal with the cap going up next year and some teams will need to hit the ceiling. Even if we get a small return, we can sign a free agent or make a trade with the remaining space 8-9 million could get us significant upgrade(s) on Booth.

Maybe we should save or compliance buyout just in case Luongo's contract becomes a problem again.

Not sure why anyone would expect anything but more of the same from this guy. Even when healthy he doesn't produce like a 4+ million dollar player. 200 points in 400 games from a power forward with skill? He actually makes 4.75 million next year and his agent will look at that as being a baseline.

Nope, pass unless ~ 3 million per.

You obviously haven't watched the Canucks play this year. Booth is leaps and bounds improved. His skating has been realigned into form and it shows. Goals are starting to come to. If you have a problem with Booth, you definitely have a problem with Burrows.

HOW? Burrows is a #1 penalty killer & has been remarkably durable & consistent over the years. Booth has been nothing but the opposite.... :wacko:

Archived