The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nuckleheads 4-Penguins 5 (SO)

D.Doughty

hey guys, just looked at the box score. i'm wondering why henrik didn't take any faceoffs. can somebody help me out?

I'm not sure if he didn't take any at all but Santorelli played on the top line tonight. He's our best face off man.

I'm not sure if he didn't take any at all but Santorelli played on the top line tonight. He's our best face off man.

ok thanks man. espn's box score says henrik didn't win or lose any faceoffs. i guess maybe santorelli played center...or espn is wrong...but that could never happen right? haha

this stretch of 7 games starting with Tampa was supposed to be a chance for us to "show we are elite" and can beat teams like this

we have lost the first 4 already, 4-2 to tampa, 3-1 to LA which would have been 8-1 if not for Luongo, 4-3 to Anaheim that again would have been 8-3 if not for Lack, and we piss away a 2 goal lead with less than 90 seconds left in the game against Pittsburgh

people have every right to be disgusted right now if this is what this team does when it has a chance to show it can beat the elite teams in this league

:bigblush:

Sorry, could'nt help myself.

Luongo, Burrows, Edler, Stanton. When these guys come back.......this team will still have no finish.

Gillis must go. Regardless of picking up Santorelli, Stanton and Richardson. Gillis' reset is a joke. He knew this core was done but signed two over the hill players who disappear in the playoffs to the biggest contracts of their careers.

He signs his undersized top 4 with NTCs and they continually choke on leads.

Hopefully Tortorella wises up and quits before he has a coronary.

Maybe you should quit and save that last brain cell, you are not cut out to be a Canuck fan.

I live out east and had to go to bed resigned to another loss when it was 2-0 Pittsburgh. The game felt different from those on the weekend, but I still had to assume we were going to lose. To turn the game around in the 3rd and then blow a 2-goal lead is heartbreaking, so I can understand why people are freaking out. But at least we fought back and did turn it around. There is some heart on this team. The emergence of Kassian and Sestito is a big part of it. Things are going to get better.

Actually Bieksa has been making boneheaded decisions even before Stanton joined the Hawks. I'd say he's been in his comfort zone for way too long and we should have cut him loose two years ago. Bieksa's lazy, indifferent and careless play is the epitome of this team's godawful defence.

Mr. Negativity here,

• Santorelli is sh*t with Sedin's.
  • The behind the net pass out front should not be attempted 3000 times (maybe/only with burrows)
  • Bieksa is useless potato,
  • dalpe, ferriero, archie, richardson, santo had 0 effect in this game
  • kesler and sedins should be game changers every game not once in a while.
  • Dammit sestito stop making contact with your teammates
  • Defense has 0 physicality,
  • You're a little sh*t if you leave the game before it is over whether you are winning or losing at that point,
  • And god dammit both LA and Minny got a point.
  • sorry im very frustrated right now

+1

lol. I recorded the game. Only watched up to the point it was 4-2, and Daniel got hit in the chest. I figured, okay, it looks like we finally won. So then I check the final score to make sure and see it's a 5-4 SOL to the Pens and I let out a WTF.

When it rains... it pours... can't catch a break. Couldn't lose in December... Can't get a god damn win in January.. amazing how we flip flop. :unsure:

That Letang kid continues to piss on us too. I dunno how many points he has in Pittsburgh against us but I think he scored last time they were here, plus he scored in the shootout. Then he scores again last night..

And wow, Kassian was impressive last night. Only if he played like that consistently.. scoring more frequently too instead of long ass droughts of 0's in the P column.

funny when edler was heathy these loses were all his fault without edler its clear he wasn't alone. hamuis has no business going to sochi he's been terrible most nights and average the rest, garrison is shaping up to be another over payed disappointment from florida soft on the puck and misses the net more than bieska.(has the nhl moved the nets). too bad everybody's got ntc's . tanev, weber and corrado have made fewer mistakes than there grossly over payed counter parts.

I will cheer for the Canucks come hell or high water but this was a tough one to watch...sadly even with the two goal lead that late I had a sick feeling. Why...this IS the Canucks isn't it. This team is a good team but the reality is that they are just PRETENDERS...plain and simple! If this CHOKE doesn't wake up Mr. Gillis I don't know what will. You have to look at the coaches role here as well....too many late collapses...keeping their heads in the game is a part of coaching. Getting tired of all the, " well we can look at the positives in this game" garbage. This is a results driven business and the final result is what matters. A trade is needed, as difficult as it is to make one in this league. Time to take a chance. If it means giving up someone that turns out to be a good player somehwhere else, so be it. They aren't adding up here anyway. This team is too fragile right now and some players need a change of scenery, just as there may be players elsewhere who can benefit from a change as well. We still have a core of greatness here but Gillis is failing BIG TIME!

Archived