The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's going on with David Booth?

Everybody Hates Raymond

That's a decent amount of playing time though why would he drop from 15 minutes per game to 0 it doesn't make sense to me.

Is there no in between? It's not like he is a pure scorer he can be fast and physical like a 4th liner should.

He's either sending a message or is going to be traded.

Not sure who would take him at this point though.... Why couldn't we just let him play for a bit as he really was not bad and look to trade for a better deal.

I don't get it.

Martin Erat plz

I assume debs point was the zeros across the board including no shots vs the kings and ducks.4.25mill and 15mins per game? You decude what sets a better example to the org.

Booth works hard....skates fast....has all the tools except when it comes to hockey sense.

He just spins his wheels....great show but no results.

It is no coincidence that his benching is followed by a Canuck win.

Do not put him on the ice anywhere unless someone else takes him.Do not take the chance on him being injured for a buyout.

Another good way of putting it: "spins his wheels". Exactly.

And yes RR, that was the point. Zero production and Torts will sit you down, you have to contribute. A simple and clear message that doesn't care who you are....he has a what have you done for me lately/this game approach that I like.

Another good way of putting it: "spins his wheels". Exactly.

And yes RR, that was the point. Zero production and Torts will sit you down, you have to contribute. A simple and clear message that doesn't care who you are....he has a what have you done for me lately/this game approach that I like.

I think its a great coaching mentality. ..the message goes all the way to the comets....up and comers see a light at the end and they become more motivated to compete.Weve seen the benefits of this in the play of dalpe santo tito an weise to some degree.Guys like archibald come in and are not liabilities.Our stars have to get their game back if possible. But in the meanwhile our bottom six becomes stronger which, if and when we get to the dance, will serve us well.

I was at the game so I didn't hear their coverage of David Booth but I'm just wondering why not give him a shot to earn his way back into the lineup? Obviously there are guys that deserve their spot right now like Dalpe and Archibald but we have a 4 million dollar man sitting in the press box doing nothing when he has the skill to score. Let him at least show Torts and Gillis that he deserves a chance to get another one year contract for less before calling it a year

I Read the thread before posting, this has kind of been answered.

He has been given a shot to earn his way back into the lineup. He simply hasn't earned his way back in.

I think David Booth is a guy who had a banner year (31g 29a 60p) and signed a contract based on that year with a team that makes poor decisions. This is the same team that over signed Ballard BTW. He has never reproduced those numbers, and never will short of being gifted a first line spot.

We got him hoping that he would regain his form, but it was a mistake on our part. He is a 1-2m utility player.

When originally asked about Booth, Torts said "He's a weird dude". Not a good start to a relationship.

Before last game Torts was asked about Booth and he said "Booth, I can't find him". OUCH!

When Booth was asked about being a healthy scratch before last game he said "If I say anything I'll get into trouble". Well...he may have not said anything but in a way he did and I doubt that sat well with Torts.

Torts has guys who are trying very hard to fill holes and make this team (Dalpe, Archie, Weise etc) Booth, because of his contract has been give golden opportunities to win a top 6 job but most nights is invisible/a non-factor and looks lost as to where he should be, where the puck is or what to do once he gets the puck. HE has fast feet but it is apparent his brain and hands are slow.

Booth is likely done unless he finds a way to elevate his game and is given another chance.

He's not the only one being sent a message thought, Dalpe with the Sedins is a message to Hansen and Santorelli. One which Santorelli responded well to which Torts will like. Hansen, not sure.

The next few weeks should be interesting to weed out who will respond positively to Torts' methods, and who will sulk. This could be when it gets sorted as to who is staying and who is going to be moved.

This an absolutely great post. Yup Torts is sending messages, and whoever heard of a millionaire athlete pouting?

And to the "where is Booth, I cant find him..." Maybe Booth was already sulking and did not show for, who knows what, a team meeting?

If he is healthy and sitting I think Mg should go redden/Gomez route and buyout during season with agreement from league. Don't have to waste roster spot, clears some of his 4.25m for remainder of season, no risk of injury, and David can sign somewhere he thinks he would fit in.

I'll take a little cap effect this season knowing 4.25 is gone next season.

Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner! :towel:

No, I am not being sarcastic. I wish Old News was right and we could get an Upshall, Erat or something, but maybe its just best that we wash our hands...

The problem with Erat is trading one unproductive player for another, only a player that is older and on a longer contract.

Buyout Booth end of season or with leagues permission NOW

Then use the cap space to pick up that solid UFA at seasons end

Torts now saying Booth was absent because he's "banged up."

Sounds like damage control to me

You can't get banged up when you're not playing. And it's not that he's been an injury scratch. Torts has been very clear that Booth has been a healthy scratch due to his lack of good performances.

Booth's probably pouting that he still can't crack the top-6 or pp even with all our injuries. Mike told him no trade market for him and we're not waiving until the off-season, so he's stuck. However, Santo and him on the 4th line isn't horrible. As long as they get time.

Banged up or not, in missing the event (one geared toward charity and the fans), DB blew a perfect opportunity to raise his standings with the fanbase a little. He doesn't appear to care though and that, in itself, says something about his overall mentality.

Not an earth shattering event, but a blown photo op. And the photos that the fans have seen so far have done nothing to sell him here.

A non issue (to not show for the Superskills), except that there are already issues there and this just adds to the story.

Banged up or not, in missing the event (one geared toward charity and the fans), DB blew a perfect opportunity to raise his standings with the fanbase a little. He doesn't appear to care though and that, in itself, says something about his overall mentality.

The dude has given us (the fanbase) ample fodder for judging his overall mentality...that's for certain. He's genuinely a hard guy to like.

That said, I do like the potential of him as a fourth liner, if he's willing to skate with some intensity for 8:00 a night...

Torts now saying Booth was absent because he's "banged up."

Sounds like damage control to me

You can't get banged up when you're not playing. And it's not that he's been an injury scratch. Torts has been very clear that Booth has been a healthy scratch due to his lack of good performances.

I watched practise today and Booth took a full part in all drills including battle drill

Ice the best team you can to win... Archibald and Ferreiro are not better than Booth, ever. Booth is top 10 on our team in goals. When the game matters, I would rather have Booth with the puck on his stick than Doritos, Rachel, Archie or a few others. Bringing his hunting or religion into the conversation is moronic.

The dude has given us (the fanbase) ample fodder for judging his overall mentality...that's for certain. He's genuinely a hard guy to like.

That said, I do like the potential of him as a fourth liner, if he's willing to skate with some intensity for 8:00 a night...

Why is he a hard guy to like? Religion and hunting?

Not an earth shattering event, but a blown photo op. And the photos that the fans have seen so far have done nothing to sell him here.

A non issue (to not show for the Superskills), except that there are already issues there and this just adds to the story.

Not really. You have no idea why he missed the super skills so you're adding fuel to the fire by speaking on something you have no idea what's the truth. Like the media. Torts said he was " banged up " so stop blaming booth and get you're facts straight

Archived