The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] CGY - 1/18/14 - 7PM

Strombone1

:picard:

better to say nothing and have people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

I've been with this team since 1975 and on this board since the beginning........why are differing opinions so offensive to you?

Is that Picard face palm for the poorest display of self-awareness on these boards? That quote is all you bud. Look in a mirror.

So people aren't allowed to say the team is playing like garbage? I'm a Canucks fan too but when I see the team I love playing like a bunch of goons I'm going to call them on it and not blame the refs or other teams 4 games in a row.

Everyone is allowed an opinion but some constantly spamming the board with "team sucks" "I hate this team" and that's your only contribution means you are miserable and should take a breather anyways.

And being mad about the reffing and blaming them are two different things. We have been a poor team as of late but the reffing has been deplorable as well. That's not blaming the refs for the losses

So people aren't allowed to say the team is playing like garbage? I'm a Canucks fan too but when I see the team I love playing like a bunch of goons I'm going to call them on it and not blame the refs or other teams 4 games in a row.

No, that's not what I'm saying. You can't argue here like it's fact.

Read my post again if you're unclear. It's fairly straightforward. Or maybe shoot a p/m over, as you're derailing the thread my mission is to reel it back in and get it to talk of the game. GDT. :)

So it's the arguing that stops. Before now. :)

Guest Gumballthechewy

:picard:

better to say nothing and have people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

I've been with this team since 1975 and on this board since the beginning........why are differing opinions so offensive to you?

Lol..I have been with it that long as well tool....because you are a troll,, whats so hard to understand. Tell me all mighty know it all..why are you a Canuck fan?

You both have been watching since the 70's? You both sound like you're 16....

Hard to argue with results......this is the worst hockey played by this organization in 10 years

I was honestly thinking the same thing.

• Played our top guys too much to start the season.
  • Juggles lines even more than AV (and I'm an AV fan, by the way).
  • Put too much emphasis on shot blocking, even by our top players - because it's sure worth blocking one shot and then missing several games due to injury, especially if you're in our already thin top six.
  • Does not seem to be motivating this team - after the worst loss for this franchise in the past ten years, they still came out flat against Phoenix and got shut out. And tonight we're struggling with Calgary ... at home.
  • Many multiple goals against coming in a short period of time. Demonstrates that the team is not prepared, and not focused.
  • Embarrasses the organization by visiting the Flames locker room during the first intermission. The Canucks have already had a bad reputation for the past few years, this type of behaviour is NOT the answer to that problem.

That's just off the top of my head. I was coming around on him after a few weeks into the season, and I really gave him the benefit of the doubt with his "I've changed my ways" approach, but tonight has clearly shown that's not really the case. I want John to do well, but many of my fears about hiring him have been realized already.

Archived