The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN Dale Weise to MTL

Strombone1

I posted on here months ago that Weise was done once Torts got hired. Now its happened. He drove him out of NYR and now Van.

Just for the record though, what other players on the team are redundant? I'd rather hear about them in advance vs. justifying small trades in the future with this catch phrase.............so which other players are redundant?

It depends on how you look at things.

A speedy guy like Weise in the bottom 6 who hit's isn't what the team needs. The speed was a non factor and the hitting and scoring aren't more than what's already brought.

Before the trade look at the bottom 6 guys this team has.

Weise, Dalpe, Richardson,Sestito, Kassian, Booth, Welsh, Schroeder, Lain, Hansen.

If you're trading one of these guys who's it going to be that you can get a return for? Weise becomes redundant and he's a guy who's contract is up. What does Weise do that Sestito doesn't.

I don't think this team needs both Dalpe and Booth. That may get figured out in the off season though. I guess we see what Diaz does and we can make a call on a guy like Corrado. This move for Diaz could just be a sign that Corrado isn't ready to have a real role on this team yet.

Looks like Lain got a permanent spot on our lineup for this season atleast.

I'm excited about Diaz, he is alot like Weber but I would think a bit better. I've seen him play before, he doesn't seem to make big mistakes or big plays either. Gillis kind of had to make a trade for a defensemen with all these injuries. Diaz is a UFA at the end of the season I doubt we re-sign him though.

Hamhuis - Tanev

Edler - Garrison

Stanton - Bieksa

Diaz

Weber

Alberts

Not too bad.

For the doubters.... the recent track record might be considered.

Santorelli, Richardson, Stanton.... moneyball home runs.

Dalpe has looked like a bona-fide NHL prospect recently and was a steal. Weber has been a serviceable depth blueline signing. Lain has gotten an NHL shot sooner than I expected and looks like he has staying potential. Many of us doubted re-signing Tito but he's been full value.

Pelletier and Ferriero have 73 points as the veterans signed for Utica.

This deal makes a great deal of sense at a risk that is very easy to accept.

I think it's worth reiterating a point that was posted earlier in this thread but may have been overlooked:

• Diaz was 4th in the NHL in points per 60 minutes of 5 on 4 play last year. Weircioch was #1 with Subban and Franson at 2 and 3.

He got more time with top guys for Montreal out for various reasons. With Subban and Markov back he just hasn't gotten the PP time he did during the shortened season and is redundant with all the NHL defencemen and prospects the Canadiens have.

Him being traded for Weise isn't an indictment of his play, although I always recommend people temper their expectations to not think Diaz is suddenly going to replace what Ehrhoff did for us a few years ago.

Beaten by Ballard in the conclusive evidence shown in a 'who cares' showcase for fans in order to determine the fastest on the team: Mason Raymond and Jannik Hansen. Yup, i'd put a lot of weight in that.

Sadly, I guess the Canucks are truly that slow now a team to get even the CDC braintrust to believe that Dale Weise is a speedster. (Hmmm, if only we saw that in actual gameplay.)

Now that we got rid of our 'speedster', again, let's just hope that Diaz's cherry-picked advanced stats translate into him being a player who isn't a healthy scratch night after night and who can fully recover from the massive concussion that affected his career quite negatively late last season. Oh wait, Diaz is just a panic pickup due to injuries.

Your posts get worse and worse. Again, feel free to show us evidence that he's not fast enough since we've already given you something to say he is. It's that simple. Don't make it more complex than it is so you can avoid the point.

Redundant. Post is redundant.

- This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department B)

Lol 14 pages on a Weise trade... Can't imagine I what it'll be like when we trade one of Edler Garrison or Tanev

Personally, I like this trade. We have a bunch of 4th liners in the system and we need to add a bit more RHD to balance things out... I still believe we should trade Garrison out of the 3 aforementioned candidates

Hamhuis Tanev

Edler Diaz

Stanton Bieksa

Alberta Corrado

Lol 14 pages on a Weise trade... Can't imagine I what it'll be like when we trade one of Edler Garrison or Tanev

Personally, I like this trade. We have a bunch of 4th liners in the system and we need to add a bit more RHD to balance things out... I still believe we should trade Garrison out of the 3 aforementioned candidates

Hamhuis Tanev

Edler Diaz

Stanton Bieksa

Alberta Corrado

Garrison took less money to sign here, and he's from White Rock...why would we trade him?

because he's an awful defenseman and getting that brutal contract off the books would be one of gillis's best moves to date.

4.6 million

currently

6 goals 22 assists 28 points -2 on pace for 41 points

39 hits 81 blocked shots 32 giveaways 21 takeaways

3 PPG 8 PPA

yes the pp has been awful but it takes more than 1 player to make a pp great

so what exactly more do you want him to do for that price

4.6 million

currently

6 goals 22 assists 28 points -2 on pace for 41 points

39 hits 81 blocked shots 32 giveaways 21 takeaways

3 PPG 8 PPA

yes the pp has been awful but it takes more than 1 player to make a pp great

so what exactly more do you want him to do for that price

learn how to not constantly get turnstiled by average players in his zone. stop putting passes directly on the tape of opposition players in his zone. learn how to clear the zone. hit the net with a shot. skate faster than i can.

Archived