The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN Dale Weise to MTL

Strombone1

Dale Weise has some positives - but he also has his downside:

- braincramps, plenty of them.

- hands that can't keep up with his feet.

- telegraphed tough talking via the media - more than once.

- tendency to hold out in contract talks / go to arbitration

Reportedly voiced his icetime expectations / disappointment on the weekend, however his hockey intelligence hasn't exactly been blinding, and he hasn't really commanded more than 5 minutes of icetime.

Overall, I think the team needs to upgrade those bottom six winger minutes, and Weise was the obvious place to start.

Again, that's not my point - nor your original point. Your point - the one I'm responding to and that you've been arguing this whole time - is that Weise needed to improve his speed. The replies to your point have given evidence that he's already pretty fast, something you haven't been able to refute.

Speaking of straight answers, that was a complete non-answer.

"Hey, I know you asked a question, but here's another question and I'll avoid answering the one you asked."

I figured I wouldn't get a straight answer.

Weise does need to improve on his speed in in-game situations. And consistency, including skating consistency. In games. This is what i've been saying all along, because it's true. And all i've been hearing since is 'look at the useless skillz competitionz in set cushy conditionz againzt playerz who don't give a frackz!'

The evidence presented has been discredited. Please come up with additional evidence that he's a quick player in game situations. And more importantly, that he can do it consistently.

That evidence does not exist. So my original analysis stands.

If you want to say that Weise can skate fast player in a cushy, preset and meaningless skills competition with no helmet on, then you're all correct.

I've looked and looked and i've seen one play this season in which he skated quickly (for him) up to Quick in order to trip him. In his history as a Canuck there is one highlight in which he looks fast on a goal against St. Louis, but he entered the zone late and just coasts in from the blueline uncovered.

If you'd honestly answer the question, you would say, "No, Weise is not the fastest on the team, TOMapleLaughs. You're right. Kesler is faster. Hansen is faster. Burrows is faster. The Sedins are faster. Higgins is faster. Santorelli is faster. Richardson is faster. Kassian is faster. Hamhuis is faster. Tanev is faster. Booth is faster. Dalpe is faster. Bieksa is faster. Schroeder is faster. This is determined from looking at game-to-game, real situations, which are a helluva lot more important than an obviously skewed and meaningless skills competition made to make Weise feel better about his game or some other 'nice' reason. Weise has done nothing as a Canuck other than those competitions to indicate that he's a speedy player, let lone our teams' fastest. Sorry."

i guess in your own fantasy world they are but stats/numbers don't lie when you say things like oh he misses the net oh he doesn't score unless you got some sort of stats to back that up then don't bother saying it

how about his 4% shooting percentage, 2nd last among dmen with at least 5 goals?

brutally inefficient.

:picard:

Still more words without evidence to back them up. Glad you totally discredited the skills competition as an illusion done with smoke an mirrors to help explain how Weise couldn't have possibly skated fast at any point ever.

Why I bother replying to you... :sadno:

Because it's fun.

I seem to remember the braintrust also trumpeting that Weise being The Dutch Gretzky against sub-standard competition would somehow transfer on over to the NHL. I guess that will have to happen in Montreal now.

I think you remember wrong. The "Dutch Gretzky" thing was just for fun. Hell even shorty made fun of it and he's the biggest Canuck homer of them all.

Unless of course you can show me this trumpeting from the brain trust?

For the doubters.... the recent track record might be considered.

Santorelli, Richardson, Stanton.... moneyball home runs.

Dalpe has looked like a bona-fide NHL prospect recently and was a steal. Weber has been a serviceable depth blueline signing. Lain has gotten an NHL shot sooner than I expected and looks like he has staying potential. Many of us doubted re-signing Tito but he's been full value.

Pelletier and Ferriero have 73 points as the veterans signed for Utica.

This deal makes a great deal of sense at a risk that is very easy to accept.

Don't waste your breath.

Gillis haters won't give him an inch...

have you watched a game? garrison constantly looks lost in all zones. literally his only strength is his shot, and he isn't putting picks in the net this year which effectively makes him useless.

I disagree, and will not back it up with stats.

stats are rarely accurately indicative of play.

HAHAHAHAHA

Dude shut up.

You were just using stats the other day to say Kesler isn't worth what Mike Richards is worth.

Just be quiet, your contradictory statements are really making you look dumb.

Archived