The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]Another Loss

Ryan kesler the beast

So bring in a new GM just a couple weeks before the trade deadline?

Sounds like a good plan.

Perhaps all you idiots jumping off the wagon right now should realize we are still only a couple points out. We are injured. We are coming off a cluster**** of a month that saw our coach suspended and we obviously need to make some changes to the roster.

.....PERHAPS with some time to heal up, make some adjustments, we could still make a decent run.

But of course the typical CDC moron like you considers this season over with 22 games left.

Go cheer for another team, Canuck fans would look better without you clowns.

Actually, your type are the clowns!! Keeep on, believing....that a girl.... what are we now? 4-15 or 16 since the begining of Jan? There 'aint no pulling out of this dive, and if anyone thinks so, You are a sad individual. Keep supporting this sad sack of overpaid TRIPE!!!!

I knew they were going to lose. The fact is, they don't have enough depth to cope with all these injuries. The roster they iced tonight had almost no chance to win.

I thought they tried really hard.

In a nutshell..this is it...I think we have a good GM and coach (I must be in the minority now).. Firing everybody right now would accomplish nothing but mayhem..we should wait till the end of the season to analyze what they have or haven't done.

Well, given what we were facing at the time - injuries and still adapting to the system - December was very impressive. The improvement was very impressive under the circumstances. Xmas break, slow start in January, and straight into the Cali road trip .. And we never fully recovered. Plus even more injuries ... not hard to see.

Bad at the moment... absolutely. As bad as some are making it out to be ... not at all. This break is exactly what this team needs.

oh stop with the injury excuse, when we faced good opponents we couldn't compete....Let's see what this break does for the team then. I'll hold you to it

Anyone got an updated stat for VAN on how many goals for vs. Against in the 3rd period

According to the NHL.com's stats, we've allowed 56 3rd period goals this season and scored only 41. *sigh*

Edit to add: Only Buffalo has scored fewer 3rd period goals than we have. 9 teams have allowed more 3rd period goals than we have and Florida is tied with us with the same number of 3rd period goals against but in 2 fewer games so it's really 10 teams.

We won't get Reinhart or Ekblad, but we may fall far enough to grab Jake Virtanen. I saw the kid play last night and he already shoots the puck like Phil Kessel. Abbotsford kid, too. Think Jake.

We do have a chance at him, as do all non-playoff teams.

But yeah, realistically we should be thinking Jake, Leon and Sam.

Sounds like a good plan.

Perhaps all you idiots jumping off the wagon right now should realize we are still only a couple points out. We are injured. We are coming off a cluster**** of a month that saw our coach suspended and we obviously need to make some changes to the roster.

.....PERHAPS with some time to heal up, make some adjustments, we could still make a decent run.

But of course the typical CDC moron like you considers this season over with 22 games left.

Whoopty doo... so lets say we manage to squeak in the playoffs, get swept in the 1st round, does that make you feel better about the season? This team when healthy is an above average team, we get humiliated by the California teams come playoff time, we cant beat the Hawks the only top team we do well against is STL... but guess what? we have to go through a California team to get to the SCF. This team isn't good enough period. What "some adjustments" can MG do to turn this team into a contender? he says he wont ask players to waive their NTCs.

The '08-09-10 draft 0-fers are coming back to bite us in a big way, as I warned anyone that would listen they would. Unfortunately, the '11-12-13's will take time before they're legit depth options.

Schroeder was drafted in 2009. He's been pretty solid, but he's not a first liner yet, and it doesn't help that he's playing with two guys that can't buy a goal.

Hodgson also got us Kassian who was a 2009 pick.

But I agree, we needed more role players and depth guys to pan out in those drafts. Sauve was a big swing and a miss when Schultz was still on the board.

Sounds like a good plan.

What the hell are you talking about, teams have been doing it for a long time. When a GM needs to go, often they do it before a major event so the new GM has an opportunity to make an impression right away. The owner can do whatever the hell he wants its his team, who knows what their motives are?

There's nothing wrong to hope, which is what you are saying. I was like that when I was younger, but now I look at the reality of the team and accepted what they are and am looking forward to the future. I want this franchise to move forward and make moves to get better.

The quicker you accept, the faster you can look to change things and improve.

I don't think you understand why I have a problem with your comments. Your logic is to up and quit. Last I checked.... we finished top team in the league a couple times and didn't win the cup.

See what the Kings did in 11/12. We are 1 point out of a wild card spot and are still able to change as well as develop back into the strong team we know we can be.

You honestly don't think we can make change as the season goes on? That as we get healthy that we can start playing better again?

Change DOES NOT require to quit the season. And as you so "intelligently" suggest, fire the GM a couple weeks before the trade deadline.

But of course, lets just quit.... because THAT will solve our problems (sarcasm).

Why are you even a fan? And don't give me that "when I was younger junk".

What bothers me is how the players aren't completely embarassed by how the team is doing. It's the same lines, game in and game out. "We're trying, doing some good things, but didn't win. Oh well".

I simply don't get how they can be so okay with losing this way for so long. My biggest beef with AV was the lack of emotion or give-a-crap about a game or situation. It's like the players absorbed that over time and now they just don't care; they've got their NTC high value deals and away they go.

Sounds like a good plan.

TRuTh

Archived