The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Ryan O'Reilly will not be traded this season

I don't think O'Reilly would have helped us much anyway. We should be sellers at the deadline if we're not in a playoff spot, not buyers.

I'm not surprised though. He's a big part of Colorado's team, and they're in a playoff spot. Trading him right now would probably be a mistake for them. I don't see them moving O'Reilly at all now, unless they can't come to an agreement on his next contract. You don't trade players like him often.

I don't think O'Reilly would have helped us much anyway. We should be sellers at the deadline if we're not in a playoff spot, not buyers.

I'm not surprised though. He's a big part of Colorado's team, and they're in a playoff spot. Trading him right now would probably be a mistake for them. I don't see them moving O'Reilly at all now, unless they can't come to an agreement on his next contract. You don't trade players like him often.

:lol: Well considering he has more goals than anyone on our team... I would beg to disagree with you and say "yes" he would help the Canucks.

I was never a fan of trading for him anyways because we have 2 players that are similar to him that are coming up the RAnks (Gaunce and Horvat)

You'll be lucky if these guys are half the player O'Reilly is.

Was silly to begin with, he is their top C in my opinion plays 20 min a game, has chemistry with the team, would be silly to trade a piece away like that when the team is playing so well.

When the summer rolls round and contract talks start let the rumours begin !!

Horvat will easily be better than O'Reilly.

Ridiculous. The Canucks will be very happy if Horvat turns out as well as O'Reilly has.

Was silly to begin with, he is their top C in my opinion plays 20 min a game, has chemistry with the team, would be silly to trade a piece away like that when the team is playing so well.

When the summer rolls round and contract talks start let the rumours begin !!

He doesn't play C anymore. Has been on Duchene's wing all year.

Ridiculous. The Canucks will be very happy if Horvat turns out as well as O'Reilly.

He has the potential to be as good as O'Reilly, if not better. Obviously he won't have the benefit of playing with players like Duchene, MacKinnon etc...

Archived