The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, I'm inbetween 10-11.

After the big 5: Ehlers, Ritchie, Nylander, Virtanen, Fleury and Kapanen/Fabbri.

I think Jared McCann and Perlini are better than a few players listed above and I think both players are being underrated big time by alot of fans. I have McCann ahead of Fabbri as of right now because I think he will be the better of the 2 in the NHL. Perlini is also a really big skilled winger who should be viewed in the same tier as Virtanen/Ritchie because of his size/skill and that he put the same points up as the them in less games I think he should be getting alot more talk then hes been getting.

I think Jared McCann and Perlini are better than a few players listed above and I think both players are being underrated big time by alot of fans. I have McCann ahead of Fabbri as of right now because I think he will be the better of the 2 in the NHL. Perlini is also a really big skilled winger who should be viewed in the same tier as Virtanen/Ritchie because of his size/skill and that he put the same points up as the them in less games I think he should be getting alot more talk then hes been getting.

Perlini should be more than #10 in my opinion aswell, he had the same amount of points than Virtanen is alot less games. He is a big, speedy, who is one of the most deadliest junior players one on one or on the rush. He has a hell of a shot so if he has time on a 2 on 2 or 2 on 1 he'll shoot top corner. His whole offensive game is arguably one of the best in the draft IMO, his speed is excellent for his size, high hockey sense and knows how to create chances to set up teammates. He worked on his defense this year and it improved quite a bit, he is solid and knows how to get it out of the zone without icing it, he backchecks very hard aswell.

McCann is a good two-way center, obviously he is very solid defensively and is one of the fastest skaters in the draft. He has good offensive abilities but I don't think many teams believe in McCann for not putting up enough points.

Alot of these guys drop off because of the playoffs like Fabbri who rise their stock in the tournament. My top 10 right now goes as:

1. Ekblad

2. Reinhart

3. Bennett

4. Dal Colle

5. Draisaitl

6. Ehlers

7. Nylander

8. Ritchie

9. Perlini

10. Fleury

Where do you guys have Fabbri ranked on your mock draft lists? I have him at 10th.

I have him at 14. Though those are my rankings, not a mock draft.

I wonder if VAN & ANA would consider trading,

ANA: 1st (6), 2nd (36)

VAN: 1st (10), 1st (24)

I probably wouldn't do it.

I am just saying I find it perplexing that some people think Nylander will go top 6. This is a weak draft so I could see one of them going in the top 12.

Well the draft is very wide open, and with his skill he was once considered a potential 1st overall pick, I could see him going in the top 6. Though with us apparently not liking him. Its doubtful. I would be kind of surprised if he wasn't a top 10 pick however.

I don't see really what separates Bleackley & McCann to be honest.

I have him at 14. Though those are my rankings, not a mock draft.

I probably wouldn't do it.

Well the draft is very wide open, and with his skill he was once considered a potential 1st overall pick, I could see him going in the top 6. Though with us apparently not liking him. Its doubtful. I would be kind of surprised if he wasn't a top 10 pick however.

I don't see really what separates Bleackley & McCann to be honest.

Bleackley, Some concerns over offensive upside, might only need up being a 40-50 pt 2/3 centre. Going to be a damn good player that is in my opinion and Benning guy.

McCann, He's really inconsistent. Some night's he looks like Toews, but that's only about 30% of the time. The other 70% he looks like he'll be lucky to stick in the NHL.

Perlini should be more than #10 in my opinion aswell, he had the same amount of points than Virtanen is alot less games. He is a big, speedy, who is one of the most deadliest junior players one on one or on the rush. He has a hell of a shot so if he has time on a 2 on 2 or 2 on 1 he'll shoot top corner. His whole offensive game is arguably one of the best in the draft IMO, his speed is excellent for his size, high hockey sense and knows how to create chances to set up teammates. He worked on his defense this year and it improved quite a bit, he is solid and knows how to get it out of the zone without icing it, he backchecks very hard aswell.

Speaking of Perlini, did anyone see how his dad killed it in England?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=71611

I am just saying I find it perplexing that some people think Nylander will go top 6. This is a weak draft so I could see one of them going in the top 12.

Yeah? & according to who this is a weak draft now? All them scouters have been saying they're surprised with how most things went and upto the 4th round there will be quality players that could make it to the pro leagues

I have a feeling Ekblad will drop to Calgary at 4th, like Jones before him.

All of the top 3 need him. Florida will draft him for sure. If they take Reinhart instead, Buffalo will take BPA which is Ekblad. Edmonton at 3 needs Ekblad desperately

All of the top 3 need him. Florida will draft him for sure. If they take Reinhart instead, Buffalo will take BPA which is Ekblad. Edmonton at 3 needs Ekblad desperately

I really don't see Florida passing on Ekblad after passing on Jones last year.

Archived