The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just imagine Bennett falling to us, and If we do trade Kesler to Anahiem for Etem, 10th, and their other 1st.

Draft Bennett 6th

Virtanen, Ehlers, or Fleury 10th

Bennett, Etem, Horvat, Shinkaruk, Jensen, Kassian, Virtanen/Ehlers/Fluery as our top young players? Yes please.

The only problem is the disconnect between the sedins and our prospect pipeline, there is an unfortunate 2 year gap that could really hurt our chances of them all making an impact together. If we do not win within the next 2-3 years, the sedins will end up being mentors to our youngins with rather minimal offensive output. Although that prospect pipeline of forwards looks fantastic, even with you leaving out Gaunce and Cassels two of our better prospects.

Bennett-Horvat-Virtanen

Shinkaruk-Etem-Kassian

Cassels-Gaunce-Jensen

Lol very Canadian

Nervermind, had to do this anyway.

Thanks for doing the heavy lifting and embarrassing yourself. You read into my comments what you want. Lets recap:

Hedman says - that I claimed "Nylanders offensive numbers wasn't impressive (what a clueless statement), the guy that thought CHL goalies were better than professional goalies or the guy that thought junior players are more physical than professional hockey players in Sweden"

Baumerman77 says "Never said any of that"

Hedman uses the following as evidence:

Baumerman77 says "did anyone else notice how far out of position some of those goalies were?"

----This does not mean that I think CHL goalies are better than the goalies in that Swedish league. Talk about reading into a comment.

Baumerman77 says "It is a lost easier to play European hockey against men."

----This does not comment on whether or not I think playing European hockey is easier than playing against CHL players. I meant it is easier to play that style of game (European hockey) against men than it is to play North American hockey against men.

Baumerman77 says " His offensive numbers don't look that impressive. He played the majority of the year in a weak league"

-----His numbers did not impress me that much. Sorry maybe they impressed you.

I'm sorry I had to embarrass you like this. But you need to stop reading-in your own ideas into other peoples comments.

If we felt someone was going to drop out of the top 5, I'd hold off, but how can we really know that? Corrado isn't so amazing that I wouldn't use him in a deal like that, but then how much do we know we'd be upgrading moving up 3 spots?

We don't.. It's a risk, but how much of one?

Give up corrado and get a guaranteed Bennett or Reinhart, one of the top 3 players in the draft.

Stand pat and maybe get one of Draisaitl or dal Colle. Most likely going home at the end of the day with Ritchie or Virtanen.

I think we are upgrading no doubt. You're giving the scouts, the guys you pay good money to take who they feel is the third best player in the draft. I think everyone is in agreement it drops off after 5, probably even a drop off from 3-4,5. I hate using the term on unproven kids but your pretty much guaranteeing a solid shot at a franchise player. At the expense of only corrado, I like the idea.

Thanks for doing the heavy lifting and embarrassing yourself. You read into my comments what you want. Lets recap:

Hedman says - that I claimed "Nylanders offensive numbers wasn't impressive (what a clueless statement), the guy that thought CHL goalies were better than professional goalies or the guy that thought junior players are more physical than professional hockey players in Sweden"

Baumerman77 says "Never said any of that"

Hedman uses the following as evidence:

Baumerman77 says "did anyone else notice how far out of position some of those goalies were?"

----This does not mean that I think CHL goalies are better than the goalies in that Swedish league. Talk about reading into a comment.

Baumerman77 says "It is a lost easier to play European hockey against men."

----This does not comment on whether or not I think playing European hockey is easier than playing against CHL players. I meant it is easier to play that style of game (European hockey) against men than it is to play North American hockey against men.

Baumerman77 says " His offensive numbers don't look that impressive. He played the majority of the year in a weak league"

-----His numbers did not impress me that much. Sorry maybe they impressed you.

I'm sorry I had to embarrass you like this. But you need to stop reading-in your own ideas into other peoples comments.

What was even the point of commenting on the goalies in that case? The way you've been ripping on euros, i saw it as a way of dishonoring Nylanders offensive numbers.

Yeah i totally thought that European men hockey=NHL hockey. You do know that the CHL=Canadian Junior hockey? Just because Nic Petan had 120 points last year doesn't mean he'll ever put up 120 points in the NHL, or even make the NHL. So how does CHL numbers weight in higher? The answer is easy: You have absolutely no insight in European hockey, so you shouldn't act like you know anything about it, or for that matter Nylander.

Again, it's because you have no insight in European hockey whatsoever.

Bauerman, you will probably never ever embarrass me because you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

If buffalo gets the islanders pick I could see them moving one or both of their picks if a quality player becomes available via trade.

The Isles would be dumb to give it up. With Tavares healthy and another year for the youth to develop they should be a bubble playoff team at worst and end up with no better than the 10th pick.

Nope. We are not very deep in D prospects and Corrado is 21, very close to being NHL ready and has top 4 potential.

He's not exactly blue chip though. He's good and I'm high on his potential as well but that's passing on a franchise first line centre.. Corrado is easily replaceable, getting a young franchise centre is pretty damn hard.

Well, my order changes to this.

1)Florida-Ekblad (Get their #1 D with thier loaded offensive talent)

2)Buffalo-Reinhart (Future 1st line center for the team, very offensively gifted)

3)Edmonton-Draisatl (Future 1st line center for the team with RNH not panning out to full potential)

4)Calgary-Ritchie (Big winger to fit with Monahan. Brian Burke style pick)

5)NYI-Dal Colle (Loaded with centers, takes place of Vanek/Moulson for the rest of Tavares' career)

6)Vancouver-Bennett (Future 1st line center. Complete all around game)

Here's to hoping for the best.

LOL Nugent-Hopkins is 21 year old and you're already saying he is not panning out to full potential. He has had 50 plus points in both full seasons he has played. Taylor Hall had 42 and 53 points in his first two seasons.

Would rather keep Corrado and trade Cederholm or Hutton. Those are our next best D prospects.

Cederholm absolutely, but Hutton I'd put on par with Corrado. They both have good potential, but as already noted what if they only want a player we aren't offering?

We don't.. It's a risk, but how much of one?

Give up corrado and get a guaranteed Bennett or Reinhart, one of the top 3 players in the draft.

Stand pat and maybe get one of Draisaitl or dal Colle. Most likely going home at the end of the day with Ritchie or Virtanen.

I think we are upgrading no doubt. You're giving the scouts, the guys you pay good money to take who they feel is the third best player in the draft. I think everyone is in agreement it drops off after 5, probably even a drop off from 3-4,5. I hate using the term on unproven kids but your pretty much guaranteeing a solid shot at a franchise player. At the expense of only corrado, I like the idea.

Just one more spot, eh? That's all it would have taken to get into those top 5 prospects. Well, we'll see what happens I guess.

I like most people here think Button is a goof. But it's noteworthy that he didn't have Nylander in his top 14 and that Bob Mackenzie had him 11th.

You know…. I am not so sure that true.

Look at the list again…. it states that Virtanen's team is Modo…. Nylander's team.

Methinks there was some funny decision making there. Looks like an oversight.

What was even the point of commenting on the goalies in that case? The way you've been ripping on euros, i saw it as a way of dishonoring Nylanders offensive numbers.

Yeah i totally thought that European men hockey=NHL hockey. You do know that the CHL=Canadian Junior hockey? Just because Nic Petan had 120 points last year doesn't mean he'll ever put up 120 points in the NHL, or even make the NHL. So how does CHL numbers weight in higher? The answer is easy: You have absolutely no insight in European hockey, so you shouldn't act like you know anything about it, or for that matter Nylander.

Again, it's because you have no insight in European hockey whatsoever.

Bauerman, you will probably never ever embarrass me because you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

You read into comments far too much. Making up things that are not there. I really don't want to waste my time with you anymore. I know you want to have the last word so say whatever you want. I'll see you after the draft.

You read into comments far too much. Making up things that are not there. I really don't want to waste my time with you anymore. I know you want to have the last word so say whatever you want. I'll see you after the draft.

You guys should start your own argument thread .. I am sure you could sell tickets.

LOL Nugent-Hopkins is 21 year old and you're already saying he is not panning out to full potential. He has had 50 plus points in both full seasons he has played. Taylor Hall had 42 and 53 points in his first two seasons.

Just for you, because your so special, I switched it to possibly not panning out to full potential. And yes, he gets 50 points, but I just don't see the break out potential with him. It's more so to do with his linemates. (Hall especially)

Archived