The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Team1040 Doug Maclean

davinci

Perry and Getz also have a cup and I figure Kes be closer to Thornton money 6.5m so Gillis can get more pieces to be around them to win it all

Players aren't gonna fall for that a second time. They took "discounts" so Gillis can get some big pieces. All he ever does is go bargain bin shopping. You have to spend money for talent, something he's been unwilling to do since he got here. And with the team much worse than when the core initially signed their discounts, there's really no incentive for them to do it again.

Players aren't gonna fall for that a second time. They took "discounts" so Gillis can get some big pieces. All he ever does is go bargain bin shopping. You have to spend money for talent, something he's been unwilling to do since he got here. And with the team much worse than when the core initially signed their discounts, there's really no incentive for them to do it again.

Twins in UFA would of gotten more then 7mil despite this bad year

Kesler can easily see less then market again

and Sundin says hi to start

then Hamhuis and Malholtra...were they not key players?

Was signing Garrison not spending money?

Soooooo where is this notion you have that Gillis is afraid to spend money? do you base that on this year alone where had none?

I think the only guys I probably don't move are:

Higgins - good value contract, seems to fit anywhere in the lineup... is our best utility guy.

Sedins - Just re-signed them, if they get a decent secondary scoring line... they will have a much better year next year.

Bieksa - even when having an off season, can still contribute in other ways. top 4 NHL defencemen are really hard to come by.

Hamhuis - steady top 4 on a good contract... if you trade him away a comoparable player will cost you more.

I could see the "unconsidered" player being Burrows. Montreal is sucking bad right now so may be ripe for a hockey trade to shake both teams up a little.

Add something to that and get Emelin in return.

My untouchables:

Sedins

Kassian

Hamhuis

Tanev

Bieksa

Lack

Garrison (if he can get some shooting practice over the summer and learn how to be more physical he'll be much better next year)

Prospects:

Horvat

Schroeder

Shinkaruk

Gaunce

Jensen

Subban

Corrado

Willing to move for the right price:

Edler

Kesler

Burrows

Higgins

Luongo

Hansen

No point in trading:

Richardson

Stanton

Sestito

I could see the "unconsidered" player being Burrows. Montreal is sucking bad right now so may be ripe for a hockey trade to shake both teams up a little.

Add something to that and get Emelin in return.

Agreed Burrows is probably 1 of the odd men out but why Emelin? hes an LHD and we have Hamhuis, Edler, Garrison, Stanton and Alberts already there+ his contract goes up to 4.1mil next year and only Weber, Corrado, Corrado, and Alberts have less points on d then he does this season

Last time I checked McClean hasn't been reading these boards so just because he said it's something we wouldn't expect doesn't mean we as CDC havn't beaten it to death already. He's probably talking about a trade of someone we all expect to trade like Luongo, Booth, or Tanev.

Kesler - Would actually be shocked if we trade him, but I could see it happening

Luongo - Makes sense, since Lack has proved he can play at the NHL level, just what return though...

Garrison - Trade him before you trade Edler PLEASE and actually would be surprised if they traded him

Burrows - I still love him but wouldn't be surprised if they'd like to free some cap and give him a change of scenery

Agreed Burrows is probably 1 of the odd men out but why Emelin? hes an LHD and we have Hamhuis, Edler, Garrison, Stanton and Alberts already there+ his contract goes up to 4.1mil next year and only Weber, Corrado, Corrado, and Alberts have less points on d then he does this season

Emelin plays a role that we do not have on the team. He hits everything that moves and would cause opposing forwards to think more about their personal safety than making fancy plays.

Presumably if you pick him up, then Edler can move now or in the offseason as well.

Lets be honest here:

Out of our core players- Who is the slowest, oldest, softest, has the weakest shot and are the highest paid players????

Henrik and Daniel Sedin.

As long as those 2 guys are our top players, this team will not go anywhere! except down to get high draft picks which isn't that bad lol.

And I would hate to see players that are the heart of the team like Kesler, Burrows and Bieksa moved just because the Sedins are now considered 'Untouchable' with those stupid contracts Gillis handed out at the beginning of the year when he could of at least waited until the trade deadline to see what could happen.

The Sedins would probably sign for about 4-5 million/year if they were to sign at this stage in the season.

Sighhh at this point as a true fan I've realized that the Sedins cannot get it done anymore ever since the 2011 cup run and am just hoping that Gillis sees this and tries to build with youth and draft picks.

So I'm just expecting and hoping us to keep losing this season and get a top 6 pick in the draft

Hypothetically, if Ryan Kesler was made available, which teams would spread their legs and accept him the most? (pardon the pun) I believe Nashville, Philadelphia, Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton, possibly Buffalo.

I could see Detroit, Tampa, and Carolina having interest as well.

Toronto obviously. But I don't know if they have the assets to make it happen. Would cost more than just Kadri.

Personally, I think Anaheim would want him. They have a couple stud RW, one of which could be part of the deal. But I'd hate to make our best divisional rival even better.

Washington would love him too. Laich, top prospect, pick.

Archived