Bolland

:picard:

NYR

Burrows

Edler

VAN

Callahan

Richards

First; NYR's are in a play off hunt. They they trade their top line center and captain? For all the noise about Callahan, their standing pat unless they can get a replacement.

Second; Is richards what we need?? And remember, we don't get to keep Callahan.

This deal makes little sense at either end IMO.

Jason Garrison please. Dunno why this guy gets a free pass from the canucks, but he doesn't fit the teams style at all. I'd rather keep Tanev, Edler, Hamhuis, and Bieksa over Garrison. Yet, he's a BC boy, so people want him to stay. Ship him back to Florida, for some pieces. If somehow, we could get Kulikov, that one trade fixes the whole team right there. Physical, and an actual puck mover, perfect for Edler.

I like Garrison. Good player. Needs a speedy counterpart to play big minutes, but thats to be expected for a 220 lb guy who is solid defensively.

But I never saw the fit when we signed him. Or, considering we signed him, why we re-signed and / or did not trade Edler. Both guys have the same big left handed shots but are not speedy puck movers. Guys like them need Errhof's passing or Salo's complimentary big shot on the opposite point to draw guys in different directions to open up the ice. Watch the games and our PP, teams sit on them as our only option at the blue line and we don't generate much!

if every other canucks defenceman is worth $4m+, tthan so is tanev.

he plays more minutes at even strength and pk than anyone other than hamhuis and is better defensively than every single one of them. his offense is also starting to come around, something i never thought would happen, and he's still adding beef to his 6'3" frame since he was a late bloomer physically.

all that said, he'll probably end up getting $3-3.5m per which will be a huge bargain.

Sorry, Tanev is not!

No does he have UFA leverage to get what Bieksa or Garrison did.

Tanev is a fabulous, fundamentally sound, complimentary player. No shrewd puck handling skills, heavy shot or dangle and can only play if he has a big complimentary partner. Because he is not moving bodies in front of the net, or pushing guys off the puck in the corner.

You have to ask yourself why he would be worth what Voynov gets paid? That was a good contract for an RFA, both for team and player. Voynov is steady like Tanev and offers a world more offense and skills. Paying much more than $3 mill would be a mistake!

Well....

Kesler being a Detroit guy...or the constant "Edler to Detroit" theories....

The thing Im curious of is that with Detroit being so close to the cap, we would surely be taking salary back....the question is "Who?"

Do we take Samuelson and Tootoo with their combined Salary of $5 mil and they toss in Mantha and a 1st?

Pittsburgh has lost Dupuis for the rest of the year.... Burrows is a similar player to Dupuis and roughly the same cap hit to make up their LTIR cap room.

Do we take Despres and a 2nd?

Despres? Yes please > very good proposal BTW. Playoff teams love guys like Burrows!

Detroit? Say no to Samuelsson or Tootoo. Nor do they need cap relief if Z is on LTIR but Franzen is the only cap I'd have interest in return...

For Kesler? Kings ransom of Mantha, plus, plus, PLUS!

im looking at Neuverith, Halaak, Ward and Miller UFA/on the block...Reimer will probably be moved as well so all im saying is don't expect a team to pay a huge premium price when teams like Toronto and Tampa pay little and got very solid goalies

Now. Aside from 1 amazing playoff run from Ward and a few really solid years in Buffalo for Miller and a silver medal.

What do any of those goalies have in regards to credentials compared to Luongo? he is the only name in the bunch that can walk into a dressing room on a new team and practically guarantee a playoff berth. And playoff revenue is everything

OK.

But why Bailey and Nilsson, don't we have prospects that threaten to grow up just like them? We've spun our wheels acquiring guys that create a glut in one position,without rounding out our team for the better part of three years now. Deals should have a very focussed purpose.

I like Pulock who might fill one void, however are they in a position to give up on good young D?

With Reinhart in the wings they do indeed have a sweet depth of solid potential top 4 if not top 2 D prospects. Just kinda gotta guess which one will have the bigger upside is all.

Regardless of the player we get in return, they better have size for the line they play on. You look at the top teams in our division and they are all huge. No shrimps need apply here. We need to be able to compete within our division if we are going to have a chance at the conference or league.

While JT was gone, kassian was the best forward on the team......because he was given a chance to play and a chance to make mistakes and learn from them. JT is the problem with Kass, not Kass himself.

Lots of rookies have been given chances to make mistakes with JT. See Stepan, McDonagh, Tanev, Girardi, Staal, cough Del Zotto.

The issue is not mistakes, its work rate! If a guy who is 220 does not go in the corners consistently, or know when to fore-check, dyu reward him with more playing time? The guy has actually just got to get on his bicycle and skate harder. And it might not be how hard he's willing to work, but maybe knowing what play to go hard at? He looks lost and and does not go hard at plays a lot of the time.

Watch Kesler, hell watch Santorelli (there is a guy, young or not, who wins playing time cuz he goes at the game hard hard!). They come over the boards and they FLY at full speed to where they can make a play. Kass sits back and wonders which play? Too tentative, same issue with J Schro. If they commit to plays at the intensity Santo, Kesler or Burrows does, line mates could cover mistakes and the coach would live with them.

Tell me, when do we see Kassian "hard on the puck?"

With Reinhart in the wings they do indeed have a sweet depth of solid potential top 4 if not top 2 D prospects. Just kinda gotta guess which one will have the bigger upside is all.

I suppose. Hockey's Future rates the Islanders D prospects very highly; they also have Pelech and a few other guys I'm less familiar with.

But they are also pretty weak on their main club. Less so if they get Edler though...

I picked Pulock for his offensive skills set instead of another (prob better but...) all rounder in Reinhart. But also therefore more likely avail if they give up a prospect??

Edler to Pitt, cuz Letang is out for top PF prospect Beau Bennett and young PMD prospect Pouliot?

That's not bad and enticing, but would Pittsburgh be willing to give up a position of need (wingers), for another position of need (defense)?

That's not bad and enticing, but would Pittsburgh be willing to give up a position of need (wingers), for another position of need (defense)?

When you're set on Neal Crosby Dupuis Kunitz Malkin and Jokinen to carry your offense I think losing a few forward prospects is...edible especially when you watch your team lit up so frequently some nights

I suppose. Hockey's Future rates the Islanders D prospects very highly; they also have Pelech and a few other guys I'm less familiar with.

But they are also pretty weak on their main club. Less so if they get Edler though...

I picked Pulock for his offensive skills set instead of another (prob better but...) all rounder in Reinhart. But also therefore more likely avail if they give up a prospect??

If you think in terms of Luongo going there a 1st and a solid prospect isn't out of the question. Edler the exact same thing. but only Edler going to the isles leaves us needing a D prospect

Personally for me I am at this point in time all over and about 1st round picks and A or B prospects. No more of this guess work trading for comparable players.

Now. Aside from 1 amazing playoff run from Ward and a few really solid years in Buffalo for Miller and a silver medal.

What do any of those goalies have in regards to credentials compared to Luongo? he is the only name in the bunch that can walk into a dressing room on a new team and practically guarantee a playoff berth. And playoff revenue is everything

Their all examples along with Bernier and Bishop that declare you will NOT get a kings ransom for a goalie with how many are available...Teams will easily pay a far lesser price then a premium as I already said

Their all examples along with Bernier and Bishop that declare you will NOT get a kings ransom for a goalie with how many are available...Teams will easily pay a far lesser price then a premium as I already said

I state again. Luongo is worth as 1st and a prospect. Anyone who thinks otherwise without considering the current economic landscape of the league and the rising cap are out to lunch.

Even more so if they use the Schneider trade as a benchmark without considering the barrel Gillis was literally over at the time

I state again. Luongo is worth as 1st and a prospect. Anyone who thinks otherwise without considering the current economic landscape of the league and the rising cap are out to lunch.

Even more so if they use the Schneider trade as a benchmark without considering the barrel Gillis was literally over at the time

Look at ALL recent goalie trades...but this is one spot we will never agree on I guess...I wont be the one disappointed though if a trade happens

That would be solid value for Luongo.

Luongo go the NYI for Pulock, 1st

Luongo to Washington for Kuznetsov/Wilson, 1st

Luongo to Florida for Trochek/Petrovic/Shore/Howden, 1st

Somethimg along the lines of that?

Its a factor. Is Dupuis gone for the year and play off's?

In any case, Bennett is a risk reward type acquisition. He has enough talent he's been trialed with Crosby, and is reputed to be a capable enough puck handler and shot to anchor a power play. Even though he's a forward! But he's also not really worked out in his trials, and its not just because he's seriously injured his wrist a couple of times. That add's to the risk in acquiring him, but the bottom line is he's probably not QUITE ready for prime time. So if the Pen's are of a mindset to go for it, he could be made available?

And we could go all in and offer Hansen to close deal. Or Burrows and they add another D prospect Depres (suggeste by MissionCanucksFan).

If you think in terms of Luongo going there a 1st and a solid prospect isn't out of the question. Edler the exact same thing. but only Edler going to the isles leaves us needing a D prospect

Personally for me I am at this point in time all over and about 1st round picks and A or B prospects. No more of this guess work trading for comparable players.

Pears mentioned Kuznetsov???

Archived