The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Team1040 Doug Maclean

davinci

Mathematically he's on pace for more points, but obviously he got injured so they'll probably end up with the same amount of points but with weber having played less games. The difference between contracts is that weber is a franchise player while Kesler is a second liner. If you look at what franchise players are making around the league like Crosby at 8.7, Malkin at 9.5, Getzlaf at 8.25 Weber's contract isn't that bad at all. Kesler would be relatively cheap for 2 years, but then he's going to get a minimum of 7M when he hits free agency. An injury prone 32 year old at 7M is a recipe for disaster

Weber is no Crosby/Malkin/Getzlaf. Compare him to franchise defenders Suter, Chara, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Karlson, Subban, Hamhuis, Keith

Not saying he is better than all of them but some are better and cheaper. Kesler isn't a 1c? Look at Nashville's roster and give me 1 center that is better

Kesler deserves to go to a contender, he's in his prime and won't be helping us get anywhere in the playoffs any time soon. He would fetch a decent return, especially at the trade deadline.

Also, for anyone talking about trading the Sedins, what team is going to trade for them, and why? 14 million for 2/3rds of a 2nd line? Sign me up!

I will always appreciate them for who they are and what they've done, both on and off the ice, but their time being elite sure didn't last very long.

I guess that's the life and luck of a canuck fan.

If Kesler is moved it will be to a US based team who are all in and on the cusp of a Cup..St Louis, Chicago, Tampa, Pitts. Maybe's are Rangers, Boston, Kesler puts all these teams over the top for he run to the cup, in fact it could become a bidding war between certain teams tying to keep a direct competitor from getting him. Teams in our own division would have to pay a kings ransom so I don't see that happening. Toronto.. forget about it too much crap under the bridge for Gillis to deal with them, just watch the Leafs media arm [ Dreger] run down his worth.

If Kesler is moved it will be to a US based team who are all in and on the cusp of a Cup..St Louis, Chicago, Tampa, Pitts. Maybe's are Rangers, Boston, Kesler puts all these teams over the top for he run to the cup, in fact it could become a bidding war between certain teams tying to keep a direct competitor from getting him. Teams in our own division would have to pay a kings ransom so I don't see that happening. Toronto.. forget about it too much crap under the bridge for Gillis to deal with them, just watch the Leafs media arm [ Dreger] run down his worth.

If TBay, how far apart in value would Kesler & Drouin be? Agree StL Blues would also be a nice fit for him.

I think that Chicago and Anaheim would be the front runners for Kesler in terms of returning compensation, but doubt that if traded that it would be to anyone in the West. He's simply not a guy you want to play against and if you can avoid it, you avoid it.

I think that Pittsburgh could be a surprise team in a Kesler sweepstakes.

Washington has some pieces to offer, but I somehow dont think that would be a team Kesler would waive to go to.

NYR and Phi would certainly have interest aswell.

At the end of the day, I dont think we'll see Kesler get moved this season.

Toronto obviously. But I don't know if they have the assets to make it happen. Would cost more than just Kadri.

Personally, I think Anaheim would want him. They have a couple stud RW, one of which could be part of the deal. But I'd hate to make our best divisional rival even better.

Washington would love him too. Laich, top prospect, pick.

I'd love to see Kesler, I think he'll feast on the East.

My only concern would be having two shooters on the Kessel line.

Kadri and a pick

i'd move kesler to nashville, along with their choice of bieksa/garrison and a 2nd for weber and colin wilson.

then send edler, hansen and schroeder to detroit for something like helm, nyquist, brendan smith.

then move whichever of garrison/bieksa is left for the best offer and trade luongo straight up for brian campbell, florida retains half of the difference in salary (~$850k).

burrows also traded to highest bidder.

booth gets bought out or traded for scraps if possible.

sign top 6 lw and a 1b goalie in the off season.

sedin-sedin-kassian/nyquist

ufa-wilson-nyquist/kassian

horvat-helm-higgins

sestito-richardson-archibald

campbell-weber

hamhuis-tanev

stanton/smith-corrado

smith/stanton

lack

ufa

/nhl14

Thinking that Luongo is going to be traded is absolutely foolish.

If Vancouver IS re-tooling, the LAST thing Gillis wants is to do it with unproven/average goaltending. Look at Edmonton and Dubnyk.

I would feel so secure (and it would do wonders for the young players) to have a world class goalie like Luongo between the pipes.

I might make a trade with Florida as I REALLY like their first round pick. Petrovic, unless he is absolutely nasty, brings little we dont already have. Same with Shore and Howden. I suppose the height of their pick makes up for it.

Tell me about DeHaan?

I'm not afraid of Russians personally. Last I checked Malkin and Datsyuk were in the top ten players in the world. For every Radulov there is a Canadian Zach Hamill or Cam Barker. Granted their acquisition price was non existent. But Kuznetsov is one of the best and most exciting prospects in the world. At age 20 he had already led his KHL team in scoring three times. We'd be lucky to get him straight up for Lou, I'd be throwing more on the table.

DeHaan is a 6 foot 200 pd puck moving blue liner. Still makes mistakes and still adjusting to the pro game but can skate so well and his first pass is almost always tape to tape.

A D man of the type we don't actually have in the system outside of Hutton but more NHL ready

Talent Analysis

de Haan is a solid offensive defenseman who makes an excellent first pass and runs the power play. de Haan's greatest attribute is his outstanding skating. His fluid stride and quick feet allow him to play sound positional defense -- and make up for any mistakes he may make

Yes please. Give Stastny a nice try-out to see if he fits, then re-sign him if he does. If he doesn't work out, at least we got rid of a terrible contract and have some extra cap space.

Again, if he doesn't work out, at least we get the cap space to go after someone who will fit better. At this point, I am more than willing to just take the cap space for a defenseman who is either unwilling or unable to play defense.

While I'd prefer to get some picks/prospects, if a UFA is the best Gillis can get for AHLex, then I take it and run.

Ya know....you USED to be an informed poster. You USED to have solid arguments facts etc. And you USED to post from a position of credibility.

Now I don't know why they don't ban you for intentionally trolling people.

A bad contract in comparison to who? Gomez? Heatly? Dipietro? Trade him for a pending UFA huh. Let's not go ahead and trade him for the package he's actually worth lets just Millbury him out the door.

Maybe just stop posting every time you see the name Edler and people will start respecting you again, because for whatever reason your Edler hate is just off the walls lately. Borderline excessive and kind of creepy

I'd love to see Kesler, I think he'll feast on the East.

My only concern would be having two shooters on the Kessel line.

Kadri and a pick

Kesler is worth a far sight more than that. Kadri and a pick? Same Kadri called out by 3 different coaches and 2 managers?

Pass....We have a guy named Schroeder with that skill set and similar size and we can always get bent over somewhere else.

Kesler is worth a far sight more than that. Kadri and a pick? Same Kadri called out by 3 different coaches and 2 managers?

Pass....We have a guy named Schroeder with that skill set and similar size and we can always get bent over somewhere else.

lmfao Schroeder with the same skillset as Kadri.

What a joke.

Wow, more blatant pointless random leaf hate. Have you ever actually watched Kadri play. He's far better than Kesler was at that age and is actually having a better season than him despite all the critiscm on his consistency due to the fact that he's still a kid. Kadri's got about 4 inches on Schroeder and actually throws his body around.

I would do this:

To Detroit:

Kesler

To Van:

1st (2014)

Mantha

Nyquist

To NYI:

Edler

Luongo

To Van:

Strome

De Hann

1st (2015)

Pulock

Then we draft Virtanen, and Nylander(one can dream) this year with our pick and Detroits pick.

Next year we have two first rounders again with a chance for McDavid.

We Get younger, and fill up the cupboards with picks and prospects.

Detroit gets a Selke winning centerman , and fills the void for Zetterberg in the mean time.

NYI's need to make the playoffs especially since moving into a new building. Luongo and Edler will get them there.

Wow, more blatant pointless random leaf hate. Have you ever actually watched Kadri play. He's far better than Kesler was at that age and is actually having a better season than him despite all the critiscm on his consistency due to the fact that he's still a kid. Kadri's got about 4 inches on Schroeder and actually throws his body around.

Kesler at 23/24 had 26g 59p and was a selke finalist. Hard to see Kadri being better than that

Only part of this rumour that makes sense is Kesler's value is sky high right now, and with the Canucks struggling I don't see the point of keeping him here suffering.

He could go to a contender like Philly or Anaheim and thy'd give us 2-3 roster/prospect players

Kesler and Hansen for Voracek and Couturier

Both those Philly players are signed for the next 3 years, Couturier would be our immediate 2nd line C and Voracek would bring in some needed scoring on the wing.

And it sets up the explosion of youth we get the next 3 years. Then thee Sedins are ready to retire and our top 9 is stacked.

Archived