The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

you just dont want to let this go eh. theres a time to let things go obviously you would rather continue this. Maybe i over reacted, but in the same way it can be offensive to ppl who know someone who has had that happen to someone they know.

but hey keep on saying things about me, cuz you know me so well...

He of course forgets to mention how he brought a guys kids and parenting into the equation out of literally nowhere right

all this cr-p is because cheese burger mackenze and the dregs at tsn are trying to pump up there trade deadline show. TSN is as bad as eklund at pulling names out of a hat and saying i"i have a source that told me blah blah".......

daily rumors none of which have taken place. just classic canadian media slow news day easy fix just make something up.

bob mac and the tsn clowns need to stop using eklund as threre source.

He of course forgets to mention how he brought a guys kids and parenting into the equation out of literally nowhere right

you brought your kids up, guy.

you're being ridiculous man. you're threatening people on the internet. grow the hell up.

If all Gillis gets back for Kes is a !@#$% Sutter, a young D-man and a pick, I'll be first in line at Home Depot to buy all their pitch-forks and torches.

I think you are underestimating the value of Derrick Pouliot and Brandon Sutter. That being said, if the Nucks got Pouliot, he would be a bottom 6 defenseman to start and Ryan Stanton isn't good enough as trade bait to trade for another thing to help the team. Plus we probably have another 3 years or so with him at a very reasonable salary. Since Pouliot is a lefty and we have 3 great center prospects in the system, Brandon Sutter is good, but a bit redundant. I would take him anyways because he is a great young player. Still though. Not totally satisfied with this.

you brought your kids up, guy.

you're being ridiculous man. you're threatening people on the internet. grow the hell up.

both of you have your opinion, im no mod, but i would think if this conversation doesnt go to private messages one or both could be suspended from the forum.

just want to talk hockey, time for ppl to let it go or continue it in another way. Warhippy: i can see why you took your stance, but no point going on as it seems like you wont get anywhere by doing so. Just how some people are, cant do anything about it.

still dont see us at all interested in a sutter trade. maybe jokinen,bennett and pouliot. jokinen is a decent player, wanted us to get him for a measely pick last deadline

Kesler getting traded better bring back a young offensive center otherwise the trade is a fail.

Canucks desperately need offence, and Kesler already represents a big chunk of that offence, so any trade we make with him better bring us back some significant offence. Or at least the potential for big offence in a season or two.

Torts is the only reason why Kesler wants out. Fire the coach.

Kesler (and Hamhuis, and Hansen, and everyone else Torts doesn't like) has proven himself to us over the years. What the F has Torts done for us?

Yes cause torts was around when kes signed the offer sheet to philly. Lets face it kesler is not as loyal to the canucks as people choose to believe. He wants to go to the US and I don't blame him.

we need quality coming back, i dont want quantity or picks we have to wait for to make an impact. Rattie may be ready next year, schwartz is now. If the blues want a Cup, they wouldnt hesitate to make a deal like this. Kesler gives them a great 1-2 punch down the middle. Probably one of the hardest tandems down the middle for teams to face. Both are physical and like to hit. Stewart is for cap reasons, maybe it could be berglund instead?

THink berglund halak/elliot and maybe a pick could get them Miller. Adding Miller and Kesler would really improve their team.

schwartz, rattie, reeves, sobotka then I am in

I like where Gallagher was going with his article and his reference to the pronger trade.

I also kinda like the idea the penguins writer was throwing around.

If we can get sutter pouliot 1st, I say take it. Sutter is no Kesler but pouliot has a good chance of being a high impact player. On top of that you get a beauty young third line centre and another first. That's 3 young players almost nullifying a rebuild when you look at the prospects we already have.

Then you go back to what gallahger was saying about a second deal.. You make a hockey trade in the summer with edler. Or perhaps even make a package around him as you just added 3 good young pieces you can afford to throw a gaunce Jensen or corrado in there. We'd essentially have the pieces to go out and aquire a good young Kesler replacement.

Id do Derrick Pouliot,1st round pick,2nd round pick(2015) and Brandon Sutter id take it. The 1st round pick is late so i added a 2nd round pick in 2015 because its a much deeper draft

I think you are underestimating the value of Derrick Pouliot and Brandon Sutter. That being said, if the Nucks got Pouliot, he would be a bottom 6 defenseman to start and Ryan Stanton isn't good enough as trade bait to trade for another thing to help the team. Plus we probably have another 3 years or so with him at a very reasonable salary. Since Pouliot is a lefty and we have 3 great center prospects in the system, Brandon Sutter is good, but a bit redundant. I would take him anyways because he is a great young player. Still though. Not totally satisfied with this.

Maybe I am underestimating Pouliot and Despres as they both project as top 4 defencemen. Sutter on the other hand is what he is, a third line centre.

My concern with Pouliot and/or Despres is that in some of the info I've read up on them, they seem to both fall into the high risk/high reward category, and in my view, if we're trading a player of Kes' stature then we need to be getting back a future stud D-man or offensive prospect.

We also have enough third line centre's coming up through the system in Horvat and Gaunce, so I just don't see the need for a Sutter.

In my view, Gillis needs to be going big and maybe try to package Kes in the offseason with whatever pieces are necessary to get someone like Seth Jones or a couple of top offensive prospects...someone like Mantha.

With 29 other teams lining up for a shot at Kes, surely Gillis should be able to leverage that, especially with teams like the Pens and Flyers.

Archived