The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks Win

Strombone1

you do know 3 of Lacks 5 loses were only 1 goal against losses and another loss in winnipeg if you could remember where he was standing on his head and it couldve been 7+ goals against but he kept it respectable , and he was in net for the first half of that anahiem ass kicking where the whole team played like they were drunk....... Lu last 5 losses...3 ,4,3,4,3 goals against ... so we cant score so who do you want in net ,the goalie that right now pressures our team to score more or less???? Lack in his last 5 losses 10 goals against Luongo 17 pretty big difference..... but you dont wanna look at the real numbers just say they both lost 5 and they are equal and carry on.

lol you say I don't want to talk about real numbers when you convieniently forget to mention that Luongo was one of the best players on this team for most of the season and only mention the 5 game skid of allowing 3+ as if he's been doing that all year. even after that skid his numbers are still decent.

we get it you're still mad about Schneider being traded, but Lack is not going to be given the reigns when he hasn't even played 25 games in the NHL yet get serious

you do know 3 of Lacks 5 loses were only 1 goal against losses and another loss in winnipeg if you could remember where he was standing on his head and it couldve been 7+ goals against but he kept it respectable , and he was in net for the first half of that anahiem ass kicking where the whole team played like they were drunk....... Lu last 5 losses...3 ,4,3,4,3 goals against ... so we cant score so who do you want in net ,the goalie that right now pressures our team to score more or less???? Lack in his last 5 losses 10 goals against Luongo 17 pretty big difference..... but you dont wanna look at the real numbers just say they both lost 5 and they are equal and carry on.

Using 5 games as a sample size is silly. Over the entire season so far they have had similar stats and have the exact same win/loss ratio. They are both playing well. Why do people have to go around trying to create another goalie controversy?

Solid game with a solid win. I definitely wouldn't say we played "amazing", we scored one goal. At the end of the day though a win is a win and it's good for all the boys confidence. Definitely impressed by the improved defence and Lack played great.

I still don't see any sudden improvements with our offence. We were terrible on the powerplay, struggling to get into any sort of sync or rhythm and we scored one goal. I credit the boys for a good, hard fought win but I still don't see this team as a Cup winner and believe we still need to make changes and get younger.

Really happy with Hansen's game tonight. Putting the obvious (GWG) aside for a moment, it was great to see Hansen back logging the highest minutes among forwards on the PK (2:41 tonight), after averaging only about 30 seconds SHTOI/G going into this game (including many games where he was held off the PK unit completely).

I think Hansen needs to play the PK to be at his best during the rest of the game. Something about his style of play (when he's playing well and being used properly) and how he seems to feed off successful PK shifts and it helps him to have more jump and a more solid 2-way game at 5v5.

Taking this team's former #1 penalty killer (Hansen was the Canucks #1 forward in SHTOI under AV) off of the PK for most of the first half of this season was the first coaching decision by Torts that I really disagreed with. Hopefully, Hansen's return to a primary special teams role isn't just a temporary thing that stops again once Kesler gets healthy (assuming he's still a Canuck ;)).

Totally agree. It feels at times as if Torts felt he needed to change the whole set up of the Canucks in order to get into their heads... Thats rubbish. Certain players were very good at certain things. Sedins can kill pens, but how many goals have they scored on the transition during PK? Why not keep them fresh, or at least limit their PK time, and let players like Hansen, Burrows, Higgens, Richardson and possible Kessler do the PK? They are all good Pk players and at the transition play, and maybe just maybe it could give the Sedins the chance to get their goal scoring mojo back? Under AV the team was going through motions so change was needed, but surely utilize the players at what they are best at??

I really hope the Kesler rumour is false and he comes back soon. Him and Tanev. With a little luck and no one else trips on a skate lace, we may squeeze into 8th spot and meet up with the one good team we seem to own. They must be dreading the possibility. :)

Me too.

He's a beast and a talented one at that. Would be a big void if he was gone....

The break clearly was what the team needed. They put in a solid sixty minute game.

The Sedins looked dangerous again, and Daniel seemed to be perfectly at home with crashing the net and dusting it up. Where did this come from?

The forwards in general played a simple, effective game, which hemmed the Blues in their own end for a good portion of the game.

The defense was much more effective and aggressive than before the break, even the penalty Garrison took was one that he couldn't avoid.

Lack was outstanding, and gives Vancouver a ridiculous amount of security in net.

If Kesler does truly want out, that would be unfortunate. It would suck......but if last night was any indication, they should be fine.

Great team win. And great coaching by Torts to call another timely time out to get their focus back. So you had a bad PP. Suck it up and get back at it! Here's hoping this was the boost in confidence they needed to get back to winning on a consistent basis.

And so glad to see Hank not shying away from contact and taking faceoffs again. And especially glad to see Burrows making good passes and not having to fight to find the puck all the time. The first line looked good and here's hoping it won't be long until they find the score sheet again.

Archived