The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sabres shopping Tyler Myers

I don't really watch Buffalo games so correct me if i'm wrong, but from what little i've seen of Myers he doesn't seem THAT good. Sure he's only 24 and he's like the 2nd biggest D player in the league but I really don't see him developing much further than he is now.

They need a favour returned after the Vanek trade.

Yeah, that was just dumb. Very disappointing from an Isles standpoint that Snow would be so trigger happy.

The Isles have lots of very young blueline talent, but where they are at this point with their NHL roster is kind of tenuous imo. I think Myers fits very well in the type of mix they will have and is young enough that he'll be around when they're really rounding out all the young talent in their system. They probably still have enough young wealth up front to spend what it would take.

Surprised CDC isn't screaming for him after he just punched Marchand in the face haha

Yeah his value went through the roof around here, but it's hard to see how the Canucks could make that happen. It would have to involve asking one of their top 4 to waive to go to Buffalo...

I don't really watch Buffalo games so correct me if i'm wrong, but from what little i've seen of Myers he doesn't seem THAT good. Sure he's only 24 and he's like the 2nd biggest D player in the league but I really don't see him developing much further than he is now.

Tyler Myers has tons of potential, yes he hasn't developed at the rate a lot of people thought he would after his rookie season where he scored 48 points. (Zdeno Chara has only ever scored more then that 3 different times, all of those seasons taking place over the age of 30). So to write Myers off now would be very foolish. He's 24!!! Defenders historically take longer to develop, his biggest problem is he got that massive contract way too soon. Not sure why Buffalo couldn't negotiate a shorter deal when they could have easily taken him to arbitration as a RFA. Myers needs a kick in the ass and a change of scenery could do him good. Playing for a contender like Anaheim would do wonders for him.

From the sounds of it, Murray is listening for pretty much anybody at this point. Ehrhoff was mentioned as well but he'll be impacted by the cap recapture penalties that partly prevented a Luongo trade last year.

Unlike Luongo, Erhoff's recapture will be totally hit against Buffalo since he is now making the same as his cap hit going forward.

Also, when we were trying to trade Luongo, nobody knew where the cap was going. With the revenue increases and new TV deal not even kicking in... a couple million in salary recapture is no biggie anymore.

An OK big defenceman like Myers beats out an OK average sized defenceman any day of the week. If there was a player of Alberts' skillset who was only 6'0 and 190lbs... he would never have played a game in the league.

If the bruins get Myers, the East is *ucked

Buffalo doing a deal sending Myers to Boston is like Vancouver doing a deal sending Horvat or Kesler to LA.

Not gonna happen.

Dion's insistance on playing the right side means TO is not a fit. Colorado has EJ, who's finally panning out.

The guy has hit a mental brick wall a couple seasons ago and injury problems to boot led to declining play and now the care level is virtually zero since it's now their Coho era.

He's a big dude though, and still young. Might not be a write-off, but it would make much more sense to use the draft to acquire a player like him, as long as you got the picks, than spend large for him when he's a question mark with a big contract.

Archived