The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kesler is still a Canuck

Derp...

Come on now DeNiro. I have been a long time reader here I have a lot of respect for your contributions, but you`re the one that brought up not having a life and people making multiple accounts because you could not handle multiple people disagreeing with you. I hold you to a higher standard than that.

When people show me respect, I show them respect back. When they don't, I'll treat them in the same manner.

This is not respect:

So unbelievably ignorant. You don't sell for the sake of selling.

Six years in CDC with nearly 20k posts and really hasn't learned much? I sympathize.

All I wanna do on here is talk hockey. Not argue like school kids. Sorry if I let you down. ;)

And Lu didn't look shaky against Chicago the previous two years?

The warning signs were there with Lu too.

Just saying, I hope the franchise learned it's lesson with long term deals. They may seem great at first, but more often than not they come back to bite you. And the gain usually doesn't equal the cost.

And some people think its a good idea to sign Callahan at 6.25 x 6yrs.

You think it's a conspiracy that everyone in this thread is disagreeing with you? Maybe your argument just sucks. Nothing wrong with having a bad argument. It happens bud.

No conspiracy. I've had people do that to me and it's annoying. It's not hard to tell when people talk in the same sort of insults.

If I'm wrong here, I apologize. But when two people both start to fling insults at me at once and then agree with each other, I get suspicious. Especially when I've never had conversations with them before, and there's no reason to insult me. Maybe that's just me.

I found myself in a near state of disbelief when I heard that soundbyte by Dreger. The disdain was thick, the animosity evident and the obsession with trying to tear down anything and everything Canuck was obvious.

All that was missing was some foaming at the mouth:

What I also found really interesting was their responses to the Luongo deal. It wasn't smug and self-satisfied by any stretch of the imagination - it was angry. What was fuelling the anger?

Well they'd endlessly run Luongo down. They'd reduced him to a cap dump, mocked every word he uttered, did their absolute best to make him unmoveable, and even pretentiously championed his cause against a big mean GM and coaching staffs that mistreated and disrespected him to no end....Rode every contradiction.

The audacity of Gillis to put this out of nowhere (which was actually 'predictable' in a sense). To get a respectable return for his team, in a very talented young goaltending prospect and a big, versatile two way center, in the midst of a cap strapped, goalie saturated market - and in the process, send Luo to the one place he wanted to go.

What a coup. Not hard to see why they were tring too hard and failing to come up with anything but boiling over. On top of it all, Gillis has the audacity to pull an Eddie Lack out of the freebie market. Now Markstrom. And Eriksson. GD that MG, Just when we thought we might have had him pinned.

So suck it Laffs. Maybe you should spend a little more time mending your own holey boat.

If it is true that the best offer for Kes was Sutter and 2 measly picks, then I would like to take back what I said before about dealing him. If Shero thinks Gillis is that much of a tard and would deal Ryan as if he were an UFA, then he should go screw himself and expect 17 to be in orange if he does leave this team.

He is Nonis' brother in law or something. I don't believe any speculation coming out of this guy.

Look at Mackenzie, whenever Mac thinks something is pure speculation, he will tell us it is speculation. Dreger? He makes up stories and tell it like it's in the history books.

Dreger is constantly full of shyte ....no credibility

You're talking as if you know what happens inside the war room and how management operates.

You don't. So how can you make these assumptions? Because of what Farhan tells you?

You're not getting the point. Vanek/Gaborik/Moulson/etc. would NOT help this team. All of these wingers need a playmaking center to produce, which we DON'T HAVE. And no, none of them can play with the Sedins.

Troll it up son !

We dont have a play making center ? uh Henrik and Kesler say hi ? Santorelli sure seemed to be making some plays for us. Richardson he has been beasting it at his position making plays for his line mates and himself. Do people not understand we are a walking triage unit ? Try to imagine If we did not have half the team recovering from one injury or another ? I can assure you and everyone else this is not where we would be in the standings at this point in the year.

You mean to tell me that a Vanek or Moulson would not prosper on Kesler's or the twins wing ? FFS ! WE NEED SCORING ! WE HAVE ALWAYS NEEDED SCORING !

The team spending large on a rental winger at this point would have been beyond idiotic. And yet some of us wanted it to be done. Hmmm.

I fully agree we do not need any rental players we need a long term solution to the anemic scoring. Moulson would have been nice addition but it is clear the other Gm's wont let GMMG play in any reindeer games.

Troll it up son !

We dont have a play making center ? uh Henrik and Kesler say hi ? Santorelli sure seemed to be making some plays for us. Richardson he has been beasting it at his position making plays for his line mates and himself. Do people not understand we are a walking triage unit ? Try to imagine If we did not have half the team recovering from one injury or another ? I can assure you and everyone else this is not where we would be in the standings at this point in the year.

You mean to tell me that a Vanek or Moulson would not prosper on Kesler's or the twins wing ? FFS ! WE NEED SCORING ! WE HAVE ALWAYS NEEDED SCORING !

Martin Era can score goals, does that mean we bring him in?

It's not just about finding players who can score goals, it's about finding players who will fit with the roster AND score goals. Would there be chemistry between Kesler - Vanek? If you've seen Vanek play, that combination just doesn't make any sense. Same with Kesler - Gaborik. Moulson MIGHT make sense, but that wouldn't be worth it. He'd probably walk as a UFA anyways.

Yeah, let's get a scoring winger to play with Richardson (who should be gone after this year with Horvat coming up and the recent Matthias trade). Santo is done for the season.

Sedins play a cycle game. Does Gaborik fit that bill? No. Vanek? Nope. Moulson? Nah. We're not talking about Crosby here, you can't just insert any player and he'll produce. Has to be the perfect fit. But that's why it's so hard to find someone to play with Kesler.. We've known this for years. The absolute perfect player that would compliment Kesler perfectly is Patty Kane, but that's never going to happen. Ever.

Troll it up son !

Our cap space says no. We are not one scoring forward away from a cup run it would be a waste of assets to get one. I get it you are upset with the state of the team but think a little before posting such ideas.

Everyone needs to be reminded of the Nash trade to NY.

Remember when everyone was talking about how deadly Nash - Richards - Gaborik was going to be? That line, on paper, screams offense. But guess what? There was absolutely zero chemistry between them and Nash doesn't even play with Richards anymore.

It's all about chemistry.

If Shero was only offering Sutter and a 1st thats awful. How can that be the only offer? Sounds like Kesler said Penguins or bust. If so, Kesler can rot with the rest of the team for the rest of the season.

I believe it was Sutter,a 1st,and. 3rd.......That's kind of an insult ...It's a good thing that were not desperate to trade Kesler,although having him festering in the room next season would be a really bad idea.....Kesler is not doing the Canucks any favors by only having 3-4 teams that he will play on...This season has been a disaster.

I believe it was Sutter,a 1st,and. 3rd.......That's kind of an insult ...It's a good thing that were not desperate to trade Kesler,although having him festering in the room next season would be a really bad idea.....Kesler is not doing the Canucks any favors by only having 3-4 teams that he will play on...This season has been a disaster.

I dont know how many teams Kesler agreed to go to, but it sounds like he told them no rangers, and no to a few other teams. If hes not willing to go anywhere but 3 teams then we wont get anything good. If Kesler wants out that badly he should have made a list of 8 teams he would be good with. Didnt he learn from Lu? He did the exact same thing.

After taking it all in today, one thing is certain. You can't trust a single thing anyone in the media says.

Farhan Lalji is a perfect example. He is an opportunistic snake who revels in spreading rumour after rumour offering nothing more than heresay. On 1040, this afternoon he stated that Tortorella is not liked by anyone on the roster, but could only say he was told this by players off the record. Wouldn't mention names or reasons, just baseless facts.

Vancouver is a tough city to play in because the press are a bunch of gutless parasites who fabricate issues to sell press, and a desperate, gullible fan base laps it up, begging for more.

Archived