The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kesler is still a Canuck

Derp...

So go tell him to leave. He spent HIS 300 million to buy the team, not yours. You fans honestly think you have the power to tell a multi-millionaire who owns a professional sports teams to not own them anymore?! haha

By not going to games, not buying merch and just not spend any money on the team.

Absolutely shocking decision by ownership and management. Do they really think his value will be higher at the draft and that more teams will be interested? What are the chances Kesler waives his NTC to go to a team that is not contending this year. This team is sinking and we don't have the players in our system to right the ship right now. Some of our most valuable assets need to be moved and unfortunately this includes players of Ryan Kesler's calibre.

Think about it, how much value was being offered around today. Hemsky got a 3rd and 5th, Gaborik got around the same. The value was low today and only 2 teams were supposably in on the table and both up against the cap. Offcourse the offer was bad.

All this Kesler talk was spawn off some guy in montreal making this up. Kesler doesn't want off this team, he came out and said that but, no lets believe the no name from montreal.

Nice fans I see here. Yeah let's trade the hearts and souls away. Great idea! >_>

Draft picks doesn't 100% mean a Crosby. We can end up like the Oilers too.

Without heart and soul guys to set an example, talent means nothing.

Kesler is staying unless he personally wants to move.

take a looks at our prospects compared to the crap the Flames had back then

Actually the Flames had solid prospects back then. They traded them for rentals because they were a bubble team around trade deadline day.

Sound familiar?

dude your just delusional or really young. I get you try to be this positive guy for the team but you just sound foolish. I said it last year we are going down the path of the Flames and that is exactly where we are going. Only gotten worse since 2011, clearly.

26 and you did squat to address my post

the Flames got to be where they are today because of a lack of prospects and young players

the Canucks are miles ahead better in both departments even today they are better than the Flames in both and the Flames have had since 2006 to stock up and done squat

the Canucks have a declining core that will get moved eventually it's not a matter of if but when

Fantastic. Our only decent player is a guy who doesn't want to be here and isn't wanted here but is still here.

Dark days ahead folks. Settle in. We're going to have to get each other through this era.

Lol where is this information that he doesn't want to be here???

Unless he was lying, pretty sure he wants to stay..

Or did I miss something?

This year has been a buyer's market. Weird.

Remember how we traded 2 2nd's for Roy?

This year, Vanek fetched not much better. Meszaros should've been better than a 3rd.

So maybe we weren't getting good deals for Kesler.

Actually the Flames had solid prospects back then. They traded them for rentals because they were a bubble team around trade deadline day.

Sound familiar?

did you see any rental deals today from the Canucks

Gillis has already stated he is done with rentals and as long as he is here that will be the position of the Canucks and if a new GM takes over hopefully they feel the same

dude your just delusional or really young. I get you try to be this positive guy for the team but you just sound foolish. I said it last year we are going down the path of the Flames and that is exactly where we are going. Only gotten worse since 2011, clearly.

Maybe your just old and senile but if this franchise was in a rebuilding mode, we are already ahead of the flames and haven't started till 4 year after the flames.

you think fans don't have any power

when less and less fans buy merchandise tickets and other stuff it will hurt their pocketbooks forcing them either to adapt and help the team or sell the team

Until that happens, then talk to me. And even if a few years the team doesn't make as much or loses money, Aquilani can survive for a bit with his own money. You gotta be very rich to own a sports team, not just enough to buy them.

Nucks will obviously never improve with our owners stopping a trade. seriously that is fracked up

You know, if the owners continue to step in to frack things up, it's their loss. The demand for the tickets will start to go down as the team continues to suck and lose. Watching the team lose on TV is one thing (still frustrating) but paying 100s of dollars to see the team lose? I'd never do that.

Having said that, maybe the offer for Kesler wasn't good enough. I was hoping the Pens would make an impulsive decision and give a lot for Kesler but maybe that didn't happen.

screwed by ownership. I have no doubt trading him was the right move. Reports surfacing that some big offers were made. Clearly the aqs haven't learned from previous mistakes. This team will continue to be the laughing stock of the league. Only way this is justifiable is if MG is fired before draft and they let a more well liked and qualified GM make the Kesler deal.

Islander have the same problem. Garth Snow is Gillis and Charles Wang is Aquilini.

Nice fans I see here. Yeah let's trade the hearts and souls away. Great idea! >_>

Draft picks doesn't 100% mean a Crosby. We can end up like the Oilers too.

Without heart and soul guys to set an example, talent means nothing.

Kesler is staying unless he personally wants to move.

Which most of us assume is the truth.

I think it's a good move not to make this deal. Gillis is going to have a tough time keeping his job. As an owner I'd rather not have a guy I'm about to fire make deals of this magnitude. GIllis showed some ineptitude the past couple of years and I'm guessing he's almost done.

Fire him April 13th and then have a couple of months to hire someone prior to the draft and free-agent deadline. That to me is the best way to go about it.

I still can't believe the goalie tandem they plan to go with.

Because he has a no trade clause and right after he "said he wanted out" we were looking to trade him. If it was a rubbish report would MG jumped on the phone trying to trade him?

We were never shopping him around. We were only considering it because Gillis got serious offers from teams like Philly and Pitts when the league started hearing about the rumour and began to assume Kesler was available.

I would have been way more pissed at Gillis if he traded Kesler for a prospect and third liner like Sutter. As it is now, I am oh so happy Kesler will stick around, I hope he stays until the just before the deadline of the last year of his bargain contract. Who better to mentor Horvat than Kesler.

Archived