The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks going for 7th seed/8th seed

Shamu101

I'd rather get killed in the playoffs. A bad chance is better than no chance at all. A goalie can get hot, something can click and a run can happen. Maybe some favorable match ups and other upsets happen and the way gets paved.

Unlikely but impossible without a playoff spot.

You won't be getting your wish, thankfully.

OP is beyond delusional. BEYOND.

Say we need 95 points to make it. That would mean in our last 18 games we would need to go...

14-3-1.

Does this look like a team that is capable of winning 14 of our last 18 games?? Take of your effing homer glasses for a couple minutes and proccess how ridiculous that sounds.

IT IS OVER.

Say we need 95 points to make it. That would mean in our last 18 games we would need to go...

14-3-1.

Does this look like a team that is capable of winning 14 of our last 18 games?? Take of your effing homer glasses for a couple minutes and proccess how ridiculous that sounds.

IT IS OVER.

whats over? the world? cause thats what your acting like.

14-3-1.

IT IS OVER.

But we might be able to go 3-14-1.

I could see the Canucks finishing with a top-5 pick this year.

When you consider the current state of the team, uncertainty as to whether Sedin will be able to contribute when he returns, and how things will be in goal (at least for the short term), I can see a number of losses coming this way.

There's also the improvements which some of these teams have made which could result in the Canucks dropping further down the pile. For example, Florida may not catch the Canucks this season, but I wouldn't be surprised if they finished up within spitting distance because of Luongo and what he will bring to that team.

regards,

G.

When you consider the current state of the team, uncertainty as to whether Sedin will be able to contribute when he returns, and how things will be in goal (at least for the short term), I can see a number of losses coming this way.

There's also the improvements which some of these teams have made which could result in the Canucks dropping further down the pile. For example, Florida may not catch the Canucks this season, but I wouldn't be surprised if they finished up within spitting distance because of Luongo and what he will bring to that team.

regards,

G.

Top 5 pick will be great. But I fear we're gonna land in the very worst position, just out of a playoff spot.

Most of our losses come in very slim margins. And that's during a time we can't buy a goal. What's gonna happen if Sedins and Burrows become bad instead of terrible? What if they score a whopping 5 or 6 goals in the last 18 game stretch??? They dangerously put us in a position to win just enough games to just miss the playoffs and get a middle pick.

regards,

G.

I once would have considered this impossible, but the Canucks now sit 22nd overall in the league and have played the most games. There is something to shoot for!

It's not over! Aquaweenies still needs you stupid fans to pay for their over priced regular season/play off tickets! They need to make money. Fack the on ice product! and fack the fans! Heck how do I know these delusional fans who thinks the team will make it are even real fans or they just employees of Aquaweenies? How blind can one be?! seriously.

With the deals that Gillis made(most significant the Lu trade) , I honestly think we will be pushing for a playoff spot. We have two spectacular goaltenders in Lack n Markstrom. Especially looking at the standings right now. Dallas lossed in their last game even though they have a couple games in hand. If we win against them tomorrow we could get in a groove especially getting a centerman thats capable of scoring goals and can catch on fire like last season.

markstrom is also another great pick up. Hes 6 foot 6 just like our former goaltender. he posts some great numbers as well in the AHL.

Lulz

14-3-1.

IT IS OVER.

95 points? where'd you pull that number from, The magic number is 90,

95 points would mean the rest of the teams would need to go:

PHX 13- 5- 2

DAL 12-5-3

Jets 13-4-2

I watched Dallas the other night. If the Nucks play a game like they did against Phoenix, Dallas will destroy them. Their team speed and puck pursuit will make it look like a dog fight between F-18s (Dallas) and Sopwith Camels (Nucks). Has the potential to be embarrassing and a statement game, but not in a good way.

Archived