The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] March12: Vancouver @ Winnipeg

TheRussianRocket.

The rest of us want to cheer for out team no matter how bad they are. That's what Jets fans would do and look at them. Collectively they put us to shame and it isn't because if us who aren't concerned about a small change in a draft position.

Exactly, anyone who plays a sport knows you give it your best no matter if the odds are against you. Heck why bother stepping out onto the ice if your not going to be a professional and give 110%. That's the difference between a quitter and someone who doesn't quit.

Us "Tankers" know history, and know that making the playoffs and getting swept or just missing does this team no good. All it equals is a poor pick.

We're not talking about 2-4 spots, we're talking about a potential top 5 pick. In any draft that has the potential to be a franchise player. That's what this team needs more than anything right now.

Meh. You have a perspective on history - that is all.

Counterpoint is that it's not hard to name lots of top 5 busts.

Franchise players can also be had in the 2nd or 7th round.

There is no "knowing" at this point - time will tell and nothing else.

Exactly, anyone who plays a sport knows you give it your best no matter if the odds are against you. Heck why bother stepping out onto the ice if your not going to be a professional and give 110%. That's the difference between a quitter and someone who doesn't quit.

Of course they're gonna try, but lets face it the odds are very against them

They're 4 back of Dallas and Dallas has 3 games in hand. The Canucks basically have to go 12 and 2 to make it.

If they had held on to their 3 goal lead or even beaten Dallas in a pivotal game they would have a much better shot. Unfortunately they've just dropped the ball too many times.

Meh. You have a perspective on history - that is all.

Counterpoint is that it's not hard to name lots of top 5 busts.

Franchise players can also be had in the 2nd or 7th round.

There is no "knowing" at this point - time will tell and nothing else.

Obviously there's busts.

But the odds are much much higher that you get a superstar in the top 10 than at any other spot.

Us "Tankers" know history, and know that making the playoffs and getting swept or just missing does this team no good. All it equals is a poor pick.

We're not talking about 2-4 spots, we're talking about a potential top 5 pick. In any draft that has the potential to be a franchise player. That's what this team needs more than anything right now.

Do you really think you know history better than I do because you are so concerned about a small percentage change?

Cheering against the team does not make you a visionary. It makes a downer to be around. I prefer to say "Never Say Die" and let the chips fall where they may. If it's a Top 5 pick I'll worry about that in June, not today.

The result on the ice is irrespective of what outcome I cheer for. 'Tankers' are giving their own opinions too much weight.

The difference between the potential talent at 5th and 10th in this draft, especially with all of the unknowns of the lottery and other teams lists, is not worth being a temporary turncoat for the 'greater good.'

Do you really think you know history better than I do because you are so concerned about a small percentage change?

Cheering against the team does make you a visionary. It makes a downer to be around. I prefer to say "Never Say Die" and let the chips fall where they may. If it's a Top 5 pick I'll worry about that in June, not today.

The result on the ice is irrespective of what outcome I cheer for. 'Tankers' are giving their own opinions too much weight.

The difference between the potential talent at 5th and 10th in this draft, especially with all of the unknowns of the lottery and other teams lists, is not worth being a temporary turncoat for the 'greater good.'

The small percentage you're talking about is still bigger than the chances the Canucks will make the playoffs and then do something in them.

Cheering against the team dies make you a visionary. It makes a downer to be around. I prefer to say "Never Say Die" and let the chips fall where they may. If it's a Top 5 pick I'll worry about that in June, not today.

Then you're passion for winning is blinding you to the bigger picture.

You may want this team to win one game, but I want them to win the cup. That's the difference.

If you can sit there and honestly tell me that this team has the makings of a cup winner, I'd call you a liar. And if there's no cup in the cards for the team this yea, then I want us to improve our future chances at one, even if it is a small improvement to them, like a slightly better pick.

Archived