The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] |March 14 - Vancouver @ Washington - 4PM|

Drouin

uhhh what?

What I mean is that guys like Higgins and Hansen while great at what they do don't really scare defenders. Some players in the league pretty much are driven to the net and keep the defence constantly worried all game.

We don't really have that. I guess what I'm saying is that we really don't have any danglers that get the d racing around when they're on. I mean a guy like Higgins is great but you don't have to fear him. He's not going to beat you with speed, he's not going beat you with intelligence, he may beat you with power, but it's nothing where you have to make quick decisions as a defender when you play us.

What I mean is that guys like Higgins and Hansen while great at what they do don't really scare defenders. Some players in the league pretty much are driven to the net and keep the defence constant worried all game.

We don't really have that. I guess what I'm saying is that we really don't have any danglers that get the d racing around when they're on. I mean a guy like Higgins is great but you don't have fear him. He's not going to beat with speed, he's not going beat with intelligence, he may beat you with power, but it's nothing where you have to make quick decisions as a defender when you play us.

Ah ok I hear you. I think MG feels the same way when he said the team needs to be more "balanced" i.e the team needs some speed/skill guys who can dangle/drive the D back.

Archived