The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Tanev likely done for season

Lonny_Bohonos_14

It's unfortunate that this guy is getting hurt regularly now.

It's infortunate that Tanev has been the player...who has embraced Tortorella's shot-blocking mantras...more than most...and all he's got to show for it tho' - are more injuries....not team victories.

Torts' has been sending his boys to the infirmary thru a revolving door...& thinks nothin' of it. He treats 'em all like little plastic green men or something. HEY - not even the Sedins are identical,...Torts! He doesn't get that this organization has minimal depth support to throw in there when all of these players go out of the line-up...and that players like Henrik Sedin....are irreplaceable.

Tanev being injured makes our chances of finishing higher than we are a lot less likely.

I doubt we get a top-5, but my gut tells me that we will draft one of Virtanen, Nylander, Perlini, Ritchie, Ehlers, Kapanen, or Kempe (if the others aren't available).

That's damn good company for VAN if you ask me. After around the 12th pick, I see no one intriguing to me, so I would take any one of those guys and run.

PS. I hate turning this into a prospect thread. This Tanev injury is just the dagger, however.

You are exactly right. It makes no dif what minutes Yensen is getting with the Canucks, Archie even

worse. As you suggest it is about establishing a winning mindset and playing minutes with those who will be teammates in the future. Anyone who suggests that AHL playoffs mean nothing don't really know what

they are talking about. Go down the list of organizations that have solid Ahl franchises.

Utica will have a influx of young talent coming in over the next few years. They will go through the

same process as Van to see which vets to keep. Nothing like playoff games to determine that.

I agree. Play-off hockey tests character...& builds synergy & stronger bonds between 'mates for future battles. Let the Utica team have their best shot at the play-offs...if the 'Nucks are toast this season. If the Comets actually make the play-offs...they will be one of the hotter teams in the AHL.

As you say..they seem to have discovered a new confidence & are creating a winning attitude. Reward Travis Green & all of those Utica fans...for their long-suffering patience during the growing pains earlier on.... and let all the contibuters to their recent success.... participate & see things play-out futher...if possible.

This is good and bad,

Great because winning without Tanev won't happen, might even get a look at Corrado.

Bad, us not winning gives leverage in his negotiations this summer, leaving less space for signing everyone else.

It's unfortunate that this guy is getting hurt regularly now.

i'd be far more concerned if it was shoulders, hips, groins, labrums, sports hernias etc. as opposed to broken fingers from blocking shots.

all these injuries makes me think everyone is trying to avoid a buy-out......I have no idea why, but some players like it here

Why the hell would Tanev need to try to avoid the buy-out? His contract is up, and even if it wasn't, he'd be one of the last guys on this team you'd buy out.

Nailed it. Tanev is avoiding a buyout. Why hadn't we thought of that?

Everyone........not just Tanev...lol

Kesler, Daniel Sedin, Tanev, Santorelli, Richardson.....

These guys are taking injuries to avoid buyouts?

Your healthy imagination is getting the best of you.

Sometimes there is a contingent of CDC that are incapable of taking things at face value.

Sorry… did I say 'sometimes?'

/ I meant...

anchorman4.jpg

Archived