The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Jensen still on fire

TheRussianRocket.

Danny - Kesler - Kassian 1A

Burrows - Hank - Jensen 1B

If Kass and Burr can perform this would give us lots of versatility. Teams wouldn't just be able to shut down one line (the Sedins' line) and man handle us anymore. The only reason we went to the cup In 2011 was because Kesler gave us a deadly second line.

If our GM doesn't land Vanek, Gaborik, or Callahan this off season, I'll be pretty upset.. we have a lot of dough to throw at them this off season.

I guess we have the faintest flicker of hope for the playoffs now, but then what? California crushes us at some point and then we repeat a similar process next year with an ordinary draft pick?

I'm not unhappy we won the game tonight but I'm not sure we're doing ourselves any favors.

I don't make draft predictions. It's such a crapshoot and that's why I'd rather take tank for a better chance at getting a surefire NHL'r.

That's the exact point you are missing.

The projected picks from 6-12 are basically all over the map. There are compelling arguments for all of them and we have no idea who the other teams will pick anyway. You're getting your knickers in a bunch over nothing.

The player the Canucks may have at 6th, where we were never likely to fall to, could be there at 10th. Having a slightly lower puck doesn't ensure a different player.

If our GM doesn't land Vanek, Gaborik, or Callahan this off season, I'll be pretty upset.. we have a lot of dough to throw at them this off season.

Vanek will want too much, Gaborik is too fragile, but Callahan would be good. Statsny even better.

I am listening to Dan Russell tonight, he is hoping that Burrows' hand is fractured. What the hell is wrong with that guy?

They are also giving Eddie Lack a hard time for having 'too easy' of a night.

I swear that guy and his cohorts spew venom any chance they get.

In his defense, Russell is pretty high on Jensen right now.

That's the exact point you are missing.

The projected picks from 6-12 are basically all over the map. There are compelling arguments for all of them and we have no idea who the other teams will pick anyway. You're getting your knickers in a bunch over nothing.

The player the Canucks may have at 6th, where we were never likely to fall to, could be there at 10th. Having a slightly lower puck doesn't ensure a different player.

You are bang on.

Take Ehlers and Nylander for example. Both could go around 10-12, but one could just as easily go 5th overall if a team was really high on one of them.

In his defense, Russell is pretty high on Jensen right now.

I think Dan Russell gets a bit butthurt when the Canucks win. I remember him being beside himself when they made the Finals in 2011.

When they lose, he dissects the team. When they win, it's because the other team stinks. It's no wonder he can't explain why the Canucks can beat the Blues each time.

the dropoff in support has been more drastic than even i expected.

the telethon is barely more than halfway to the dollar total they reached last year, for example.

This team really does have a lot of fucking bandwagon fans, sigh.

Vanek will want too much, Gaborik is too fragile, but Callahan would be good. Statsny even better.

The thing is, we have enough to pay too much for Vanek, so I don't see the issue. I understand Gaborik being injury prone...

Callahan better be a lock. I expect at a minimum, two of those above guys get signed.

This pretty much takes us out of range to make a run for the sixth spot which I thought was attainable last week if we put together some regulation losses. The way we're playing, and where we currently sit in the standings. I don't see us drafting higher than ninth, and more likely ten-twelve. In a draft that lacks depth, this is very counterproductive.

You are bang on.

Take Ehlers and Nylander for example. Both could go around 10-12, but one could just as easily go 5th overall if a team was really high on one of them.

I'd be shocked if Nylander or Ehlers is sitting there on the board at ten or twelve. In fact, I'm prepared to guarantee you that, barring a serious injury to either player, neither will be there at ten. I see a drop off in this draft after the top seven or eight.

this is totally useless to win games now. In fact Canucks fans are being teased, some of them who thinks we have a chance a the playoff spot. We don't. It's like taking a gun??? yea? you take a gun, not shoot yourself foot, but shoot yourself in the nuts. Yea, thats right, shooting ourselves in the nuts. I thought we had a chance a small chance to drop lower then Nashville, doesn't look that way anymore. Talk about bad luck

First everything went against, us with key players being injured, when one comes back, another one gets injured... now we have guys on fire, but at the wrong time, it's like.... we know we are not making the playoffs, but the team is still trying hard to get like a 12th pick or something, unbelievable, way ta go Canucks. Teasing the fans too.

I'd be shocked if Nylander or Ehlers is sitting there on the board at ten or twelve. In fact, I'm prepared to guarantee you that, barring a serious injury to either player, neither will be there at ten. I see a drop off in this draft after the top seven or eight.

Depends though.

Teams in the 5-10 position may value Dal Colle, Virtanen, Perlini, Fleury, Ritchie and Kapanen more.

Archived