The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Wild

MattJVD

Looking for a good game from the Canucks today!! Matthias is really aggressive with the puck, the way he carries the puck to the net is how Booth used to do it, come on Booth whats up with you dude!!! Whoever is playing with Matthias just follow him to the net and bat away at those rebounds. Lets get dirty against Minnesota tonight. Hopefully Lack comes in composed.

Reality is we need to win in regulation for an outside chance of taking over Minnesota/Yotes.

My personal opinion is that if we start stringing up the wins then we will make the playoffs, but the second we lose in regulation our momentum and motivation is gone and we don't make it.

Reality our conference is that Dallas will take the 8th spot ahead of Yotes by 2 points and 4/5 points clear of us. Dallas then chokes first round because their is no consistency in-between their pipes.

The Canucks need to be hungry. They need to want it. More than they wanted it during 2011. If they play with tenacity (I love that word), and if they play smart hockey, then they have a legit shot. Add some luck and mix games where Lack steals us a game or two, or our depth scores a couple; then we have a shot.

Schedule for Minnesota

Canucks 10th 76pts -L- Starts right here with a W for the Canucks

St Louis 1st 103pts - L

Phoenix 8th 82pts -L- Hope for a loss to a hungry Phoenix who is getting hot.

LA Kings 6th 90pts - L

Chicago 4th 99ts - L

Penguins 2nd 97pts - L

Winnepeg 12th 73pts - W

Boston 1st 104pts - L

St Louis 1st 103pts - L

Nashville 11th 73pts - W

89 points, possibly 91 if they beat Phoenix.

Canucks

Minnesota W

Colorado W

Anaheim W/L

Rangers W

LA Kings W

Anaheim L

Colorado W

Edmonton W

Calgary W

Putting us at 90/92 points. We just need Dallas to not make the cut for the play-offs.

Now I KNOW people are going to say "GIVE IT UP, NOT GOING HAPPEN, KEEP DREAMING, RATHER TANK. BLAH BLAH, NEGATIVE CRAP, MORE NEGATIVITY.

^^^^

Like that post

But I believe in this team and will always look for the most positive outcome. It's NOT unrealistic for this team to beat Anaheim or LA once this year. We have also beat Colorado already this year so I believe they can do it again. They just have to get hot and stay hot.

Seriously, you have Minny winning only two of their remaining games while you have the Canucks winning all except one and maybe two.

How do you expect anyone to take you seriously at all?

Here, these are yours...

rose-colored-glasses.jpg

What pisses me off is that the lack of updates on Alberts, last time I heard he wasn't doing to well, I hope he recovers quickly.

I don't think Alberts will be making a return to the NHL after his concussion, he was a fringe guy to begin with but this unfortunate injury may have ended his career.

Archived