The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1 20 Goal scorer, who we might trade

Derp...

Henrik has played at least 15-20 games this season injured that he hasn't missed. If you subtract even that from his game total it puts him at a PPG.

But this is all on torts he should just shelter them they look worse playing the "tougher 22 minutes per game" compared to the "easier competition 17-18 min per game".

So you're saying the extra ice time doesn't give the Sedins the advantage?

So why would more games give someone else the advantage?

That means Sedin's 4 games is like someone else playing 5 games.

So, the 65 games he has played is equal to the ice time of someone else playing 78 games.

I'm sure other players play injured as well.

In other words, the Sedins should be getting more than a point per game as they are getting far more ice time say compared to Tom Sestito. Who by the way has scored exactly 50% of the goals that Henrik has scored and what does he average? 4 mins and 30 seconds a game? So with 1/4 less ice time Sestito has 1/2 the goals. Henrik should have 4 times - no? Plus Henrik is a much better player so add that factor and he should have like 6 or 7 times the amount of goals as Sestito.

No? Yes?

Edit: Before you say it doesn't work that way, then why are the Sedins going to make $7 mil each next year if not for their expected production?

You asked what other teams. I provided 29 for you. I don't think I could do any more thorough of a job.

Okay then don't bother.

If it ain't siiting on a T-ball stand for you ... just wait for a better pitch right down the fat part of the plate I guess

Nino asked about cap space. You made a post (out of date) about NTC salaries. I'm not even sure why I'm still discussing this with you other than that I find your silly quips funny?

Nino asked about cap space. You made a post (out of date) about NTC salaries. I'm not even sure why I'm still discussing this with you other than that I find your silly quips funny?

And why doesn't NTC salaries relate to cap space? Do they not count? You want me to connect the dots for you I guess.

Well if the cap is $60mil and we're at $50mil in unmovable salary while other teams that need to make moves only sit in $30-$40mil range that pushes us to the cap limit without much options in relation to other teams ... does this make sense kind of or not? Not only is our NTC cap astronomical but it includes a large of players. I stopped posting in MG threads because you jump all over everything. You can be very difficult to have a discussion with. Is there anything I can say that isn't in 100% agreement with you that you would actually listen too and debate? I doubt it.

I guess I'm just below your level. I will keep trying to come up with a question or comment that you don't automatically ridicule, ignore, or shoot out of the water. I'm not holding my breath.

And why doesn't NTC salaries relate to cap space? Do they not count? You want me to connect the dots for you I guess.

Well if the cap is $60mil and we're at $50mil in unmovable salary while other teams that need to make moves only sit in $30-$40mil range that pushes us to the cap limit without much options in relation to other teams ... does this make sense kind of or not? Not only is our NTC cap astronomical but it includes a large of players. I stopped posting in MG threads because you jump all over everything. You can be very difficult to have a discussion with. Is there anything I can say that isn't in 100% agreement with you that you would actually listen too and debate? I doubt it.

I guess I'm just below your level. I will keep trying to come up with a question or comment that you don't automatically ridicule, ignore, or shoot out of the water. I'm not holding my breath.

Relation =/= equal.

You're the one going off on tangents here... that's not what we were discussing. Carry on ranting though...

This team has no future with the Sedins eating 14 million a year.

Daniel Sedin is going to Big Country Reeves this club.

Doesnt matter who Gillis brings in,heck..we could go thru 2-3 more coaches before the Sedins are finished

Daniel needs good linemates to play well. He looked very dangerous with Kes and Burr in yesterday's game. He is not the same as Henrik, who makes his linemates (even a player like Lappierre) better all of a sudden. In this sense, I think Henrik is a better player than Daniel at this point. But I wouldn't say Daniel is going to "Big Country Reeves" this team (at least not yet)... I think him with Henrik will produce.

Relation =/= equal.

You're the one going off on tangents here... that's not what we were discussing. Carry on ranting though...

He clearly answered your question but you refuse to listen to anything dosent come out of your own mouth. Let me simplify it for you.

MG signed resigned or traded for most of the team.

We don't have cap room to get any players that could help with scoring (because MG himself capped us out)

Your right there are a number of other teams that don't have room to add scoring help BUT they don't care because they already have scoring, we don't. MG didn't build a team that cant compleat with the teams that other GMs built because in a large part we can't score.

It all comes down to his choice to sign and over pay players that were "third line type players". I think it was his money ball attempt, he thought he was smarter then all the other GMs and could pick up underachieving players and turn them into what he thought there potential was. Well it didn't work we are left with a group that is unable to score but still we are up to the cap can't get out of most of it because all the no trade clauses he himself handed out. To add to this he is also making the city a less attractive place for free agents to come because of all the mismanagement and back stabbing he's done to our players.

We could be seeing MG let two coaches in just over one year take his shot.

But right he's a great GM and anyone who criticizes him is wrong right?

This team has had scoring problems for a loooooooooooooooooong time.

The idea with trading Kesler is that the team gets someone who is young and can score when the team is good again.

3 yrs is a loooooooooooong time for you? Canucks were the highest scoring team in 2011.

3 yrs is a loooooooooooong time for you? Canucks were the highest scoring team in 2011.

Three years is a long time, ten years is longer but three years in longer then I'd like. Glad your happy with gillis and his money ball plugs.

If we buy out booth, Trade Kesler and edler than this team can really open up some cap space. Those 3 players eat up 14.5 million in cap space. I would say trade edler for a younger less experienced d-man to save cap room, then trade kesler preferabl6y for a young offensive talent and a prospect and we hopefully save some money with that deal After we buy out booth and with the money we save trading Luongo we could have around 10 million or more going into free agency. Now say we sign Stastny or another offensive player with that money and sill have enough to resign Tanev, Kassian and guys like Santorelli.

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Burrows - Statstny/UF A- Kassian

Higgins - Horvat - Santorelli

Richardson - Matthias - Hansen

Hamuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Tanev

Stanton - New guy

That to me looks like some serious change to this roster and seems to be in the realm of possibility. Exact players and returns might be different but one buy-out and two trades with players who would likely waive their NTC to go get a fresh start, then this team has the money to be more aggressive in free agency then we usually are.

This team needs a breathe of fresh air, our most consistent players this year Tanev, Stanton, Santorelli, Richardson, and Matthias are all new or relatively new starters in this line-up and go figure they are the the only players who did no under-perform relative to their expectations this year, in fact I would say they all over-performed.

We need to clear out some that 2011 hangover and to do that we need new players who werent involved and are just focused on playing well instead of constantly trying to back to the way things were. I hope to see a different cast of characters next season, because this group is to stale and predictable.

I have no doubt that Santorelli would have knocked over 20 this season if he wasn't taken out with an injury.

Burr was out for a solid portion of the season

Sedins are in a pretty bad funk, but it's showing that they're not the players they were 3 years ago. Don't get me wrong still believe they're calibre players and they had a really bad year both unusually sidelined by injuries.

Kes is a beast and considering my name, he's my favorite player so with that being said I just don't see his fit in this team anymore. He seems off. Still an amazing player with some of the best two-way game skills you could ask for but at this point I just don't know if keeping him is worth what we could potentially get for him in the future.

I have no doubt that Santorelli would have knocked over 20 this season if he wasn't taken out with an injury.

Sedins are in a pretty bad funk, but it's showing that they're not the players they were 3 years ago. Don't get me wrong still believe they're calibre players and they had a really bad year both unusually sidelined by injuries.

Kes is a beast and considering my name, he's my favorite player so with that being said I just don't see his fit in this team anymore. He seems off. Still an amazing player with some of the best two-way game skills you could ask for but at this point I just don't know if keeping him is worth what we could potentially get for him in the future.

I have to agree.....but ....only because we have depth and we can package Kesler to get picks/prospects or an even better player for our team.

Why are you Jinxing him! He has enough troubles staying healthy...

It is pretty sad that we won't have any 50 point players this year. In Crawford's last year we had 4 70+ point players and 6 50+ point players despite missing the playoffs.

Also insane that Auld was the starter for 80% of the season and his backups only combined for 5 starts. Auld never had another 20 win season.

I think Gillis is a far superior manager to Burke, but Crawford was a much better coach than Torts.

This team has alot of question marks... Alot... Hard not to speculate adding something to the top six as a solution it will always look like the easiest solution.

Taking the positive road and assume a few things. Can the Sedins who maybe were missing Burrows, regain the production they have enjoyed the last few years and this was just a one off. Can Kassian emerge as a top six regular and Santorelli return to his form early in the season. Or could Mattias answer his own challenge of cracking the top six... I like his size.

All goes well I doubt we need to add a top six player

Trading Kesler would be a huge mistake though. Outside of Kesler wanting out we would be foolish to trade a faceoff ace like Kesler that can win draws during critical points in games, it is a huge advantage. Plus he can skate, shoot, hit and generally be a gritty bit of grouchy sandpaper. Wish he would hit the net more!!! Why i'm not always his biggest fan.

Gillis and Co. do not have an enviably task of evaluating the players trends.

If I was to put on my GM hat regarding a trade for the top six it would be a player similar to Kesler but who can play WITHOUT the puck to ride shotgun for the Sedins. Just imagine Kesler but minus the puck hog rushes up the ice and firing a wicked shot with no screen/tip chance... Did I mention I am not always a big fan of Kesler? Pros and Cons I guess. Wish he would learn he is not Guy Lafleur though.

Archived