The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CBC vs TSN re: MG vs Torts

Noseforthenet

So, I just wanted to get everybody's thoughts on this. TSN thinks MG needs to go, CBC thinks Torts needs to go. Both make pretty compelling arguments. Who's right? IMO, it's Torts. They both have many black marks to their name. Torts is a little more replaceable however and I believe that is what it will come down to. Plus there is tons of opportunity for MG to redeem himself this summer, with a high draft pick, possible Kes trade, and alot of money to spend at this off season.

My impression would be that TSN simply have more of an axe to grind where Gillis is concerned.

Dreger's kin Nonis was fired and replaced with Gillis.

Dreger has a very hard time separating / doesn't bother to separate his Leafs lobbying and loyalties from his everyday 'opinions'.

TSN (by TSN I mean primarily Dreger, LeBrun) trolled Gillis endlessly over the Luongo drama, troll him endlessly over pretty much any minutae they can sink their teeth into.

CBC and especially Stock and Hrudey appear to have more of a hatred for Tortorella imo (and like to cite his bad relations with players in NY), something they've stated regularly throughout the season. I think the CBC's contempt for the Canucks is also more about the team as a whole, the players, the Boston series, etc, than an axe to grind against Gillis in particular.

Lets say Torts get fired, new coach is hired and i'm thinking Stevens as that's who Gillis wanted to hire before Ownership got involved and wanted Torts. Gillis despite once again stating as he has for past several years that he will "make major changes" will again do very little or nothing at all and essentially it's same roster back again next year in which you will get the same result and miss the playoffs again. What will the excuse be then? Blame the coach yet again?

They're both wrong. Let them both right the ship and win us a cup next year. Suck it, haters.

Hey if that's the team that shows up next year, I'm in.

Unfortunately, the best defenseman in the World wasn't playing tonight.

come on guys we all know Fin has been slacking the entire year sitting around watching the game never entertaining the crowd i think we need to trade him for a better mascot :)

No!! Leave Fin alone. He's one of the best mascots in the NHL, if not the best. I'm curious if he has NTC :)

Archived