The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Bonds and A-rod, so much damn talent they did not "need" the chemicals. Lost their chance to go down as two of the very best to ever play the game. Losers- rich, rich, rich losers. As long as baseball does not kick out cheaters for life people will cheat, the money is so large you can set up your family for generations.

Jays should sign Tugboat playing for Canada at Little League WS. 16k's in 5 innings. Future MLB ace.

Is he pitching for Canada..Whiterock/Canada lost 16-4 to Taiwan today..couldnt be on that team?

They keep sending that Whiterock team every year and it always gets its butt handed to them.

Are the Jays anywhere near close to being the best offense of all-time?

I would assume they will be somewhere near the history books when the season's all said and done. Unbelievable, like how the heck do you even have a strategy against that lineup? Absolutely filthy.

Is he pitching for Canada..Whiterock/Canada lost 16-4 to Taiwan today..couldnt be on that team?

They keep sending that Whiterock team every year and it always gets its butt handed to them.

White Rock wins their way there. They dont just send them for no reason

Every Canadian team gets thumped at the Little League WS. Meanwhile the Far East (Chinese Taipei this year) has been caught more than once using overage players. You never know for sure if they're legit.

The kid that you were talking about from Whiterock lost 1-0 to Mexico in their opening game, but through five innings, he had sixteen strikeouts. One of his victims reached on a passed ball, so the kid just went out and struck out the next guy as well.

A pretty dominant performance....

...much like the Bringer of Rain so far in this series. Zaun has had to swallow a rather large helping of crow, after saying before the series opener that JD didn't have a legit shot at MVP. I thought it odd at the time, since their respective numbers were quite similar. It seemed to me that the nod would (and should) go to the guy who finishes the season the strongest.

It's only been two games, but so far, that person is emphatically Josh Donaldson. FWIW, Zaun has backtracked and said much the same thing.

White Rock wins their way there. They dont just send them for no reason

I do understand that but once there the quality of the teams changes drastically..not saying its a bad thing that they are in the WS but they are so out of their league once there.

Striking out 16 in 5 innings is rather impressive however.

Edited by ShakyWalton

Every Canadian team gets thumped at the Little League WS. Meanwhile the Far East (Chinese Taipei this year) has been caught more than once using overage players. You never know for sure if they're legit.

The kid that you were talking about from Whiterock lost 1-0 to Mexico in their opening game, but through five innings, he had sixteen strikeouts. One of his victims reached on a passed ball, so the kid just went out and struck out the next guy as well.

A pretty dominant performance....

...much like the Bringer of Rain so far in this series. Zaun has had to swallow a rather large helping of crow, after saying before the series opener that JD didn't have a legit shot at MVP. I thought it odd at the time, since their respective numbers were quite similar. It seemed to me that the nod would (and should) go to the guy who finishes the season the strongest.

It's only been two games, but so far, that person is emphatically Josh Donaldson. FWIW, Zaun has backtracked and said much the same thing.

Impressive..a performance like that deserved the W...as for Zaun..trying to be baseballs Don Cherry..sometimes he makes good points..most times he blows hot air.

Brady Anderson...my gawd was that obvious.

But drugs have been a part of baseball life for at least 50 years in some fashion or another.

Watch the movie Dockumentary about Dock Ellis. It's eye opening about that and a lot of other topics.

2hqgtww.jpg

That guy was on steroids? No way :shock:

I do understand that but once there the quality of the teams changes drastically..not saying its a bad thing that they are in the WS but they are so out of their league once there.

Striking out 16 in 5 innings is rather impressive however.

They actually played a pretty good game against Mexico (typically a very good team) although they needed the great performance from that Tugboat kid to do it, and even then still lost. If anybody watched that game, I thought that bottom half of the 6th was pretty indicative of Canadian Little League. What should have been a leadoff single turned into a triple when the right fielder had a bad read and then laid out for the ball and it got by him. Of course, he's like 11 or 12 so I'm not harping on him for not making the catch. What I'm saying is that an American kid would have known to just take that on a hop and keep it to a leadoff single at that point in the game. The Canadian kids are much more raw than a lot of the other kids they're playing.

Also, not sure if anybody else noticed but that Tugboat kid is a little sh*t. Showed up his catcher on that dropped 3rd strike in the fifth inning of the Mexico game. Had some similar antics at the Canadian LL Nationals from what I saw too. To be fair that's not all too uncommon for a kid like that, one who's well advanced beyond his peers. The game will humble him soon enough.

Edited by Wild Sean Monahan