The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

2 minutes ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

How'd you get "Comets Towel Boy" dont think I've seen it before.

I was a Comets All-Star or First-Liner or something like that when Stealth started a "post and I'll change your title" thread. I posted saying I had taken my lumps as an All-Star and was ready for more responsibility. Towel Boy is what I got.

• Upvote 1

@Sportsnet: The #BlueJays 2016 opener has been moved to ESPN's Opening Day broadcast https://t.co/M9sIBm5wtm https://t.co/mhiJIp2xqa

finally some recognition from the folks down south. 30 Jays games to be on espn. Give the Americans some exposure of the high powered offense. Bet they don't see anything like it.

44 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

Unfortunately, in a starting role, Hendrix was even worse....

Id trade Hendricks just because his last name is spelled wrong.

Seriously though I have to personally say that losing AA really sucks to me. The new guy looks like a PEN15 and we're gonna lose Price. Theres a bad thought in my head that he is willing to let him walk, possibly to make Alex look bad. I'm not too pleased about picking up Dickeys option either.

Hopefully Hutch can be a #3 for us next year.

Just now, Western Red said:

Id trade Hendricks just because his last name is spelled wrong.

Seriously though I have to personally say that losing AA really sucks to me. The new guy looks like a PEN15 and we're gonna lose Price. Theres a bad thought in my head that he is willing to let him walk, possibly to make Alex look bad. I'm not too pleased about picking up Dickeys option either.

Hopefully Hutch can be a #3 for us next year.

Yeah I fully agree. I dunno why we picked up Dickey. Guy was great in the room, but really wasn't spectacular last season. I really hope this isn't the start of another dark period for Toronto.

7 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

Yeah I fully agree. I dunno why we picked up Dickey. Guy was great in the room, but really wasn't spectacular last season. I really hope this isn't the start of another dark period for Toronto.

Should've dropped Dickey and went all in for Price. I could care less about his post season stats.

Man, we gave up Syndergaard AND d'Arnaud for him. OUCH. That's a brutal price to pay. AA did mess up bringing a knuckler to the AL.

I haven't liked a player in the NL as much as Thor since Moises Alou.

Edited by Western Red

Dickey is average and eats a ton of innings. He doesn't throw hard so the risk of injury is lower. It's almost a guarantee he'll pitch over 200 innings next year and after losing as many starters as we have we need inning eaters. Post all star break Dickey was good and the chance of having that guy all year at 12 mill pitching over 200 innings is an alright gamble in my mind.

The only downside of picking up Dickey's option is having Thole as the backup catcher for next year. I don't care what Russ Martin thinks, he can not catch a knuckleball to save his life. Plus, stats shows that it also hinders his productions at bat.

• Upvote 1