The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

If the Jays can get Teoscar at a good price, the change back to Blue Jay blue, and the return to 'home' could turn his game around.?

I think people look at his numbers and say "no thanks", but the fact is, if his numbers were good, he wouldn't be available.....at least, not for cheap.

Bottom line is, Teo has shown he can get hot (I'm sure we haven't all forgotten who had the big hits against the Jays, last time they were in Seattle) and TO could use a right handed power bat that they can put in the lineup against tough lefties, or late in a game where they need a long ball....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bounce000 said:

Oh god, it’s our worst nightmare coming to life…

A DIVISIONAL GAME

Down 4-0 already... I see nothing has changed. The Jays turn into a minor league team when they play the ALE. Can't take this team seriously as a contnder until they actually win some divisional games because this is getting downright sad.

the only way jays have a chance to advance in the playoff is either finish 1st in AL east for the auto bye in WC series.. or finish in the 3rd WC slot.. i prolly give them the edge over minnesota.. astros or (rays/yankee/red sox) they'll probably be 1 and done again 

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

This offence isn't even remotely close to championship caliber.

Precisely why it does not feel like we’re 11 games above .500 locked into the final wild card spot. It should not be this putrid with risp. 

A couple of items on the trade front....

Apparently a half dozen teams have asked the Mariners about Teoscar Hernandez. (and yes, according to JP Morosi, the Jays were one of them) In my mind, this makes a Jays' reunion with Teo a lot less likely, as Toronto just doesn't have a prospect depth (or likely the inclination) to get into a bidding war over a guy they deemed expendable just last fall.

The injury to Bo Bichette, makes it more likely (although not a certainty) that the Jays add a shortstop. Chicago's Tim Anderson is a guy who's name I keep seeing as a possible add for a team looking for middle infield depth. Although not a power bat, Anderson is still a solid defender and probably an upgrade over Santiago Espinal, if Bichette is ouit for an extended period.

• Cheers 1

The other option at Short (in addition to Tim Anderson) was Paul DeJong of the Cardinals. Looks like that's the way the Jays went:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/report-blue-jays-finalizing-deal-for-cardinals-shortstop-paul-dejong/

Of course, the bad news here is that this suggests the team is expecting Bo Bichette to be out for a while. It also makes it less likely the team will be able to trade for an impact bat....

• Upvote 1