The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Houston looks like they could be a tough team to face.....Jays made up their playoff roster....

Here are the 25:

Pitchers: David Price, Marcus Stroman, Marco Estrada, R.A. Dickey, Roberto Osuna, Brett Cecil, Aaron Sanchez, Mark Lowe, LaTroy Hawkins, Liam Hendriks, Aaron Loup.

Catchers: Russell Martin, Dioner Navarro.

Infielders: Edwin Encarnacion, Justin Smoak, Chris Colabello, Ryan Goins, Troy Tulowitzki, Josh Donaldson, Cliff Pennington.

Outfielders: Jose Bautista, Kevin Pillar, Ben Revere, Dalton Pompey, Ezequiel Carrera.

Notable, although in most cases not surprising, are the additions of Loup, Pompey and Carrera.

The name of the game is speed.

Either Martin or Navarro will be catching Dickey...cant keep Thole on the roster just for that.

Edited by ShakyWalton

I only caught from the 4th or so inning onward, but the Yankees obviously got nothing going. When A Rod came to the dish with runners on 1st and 2nd I thought "Okay, here's your chance to prove yourself and to make good on your very good, if not great, comeback season". Fly out. Hah! Suck it Rod.

Keuchel though. Damn. I watched a grans total of 0 Astros games this year, and know only of his stats. He is clearly worth every stat he has, the man can toss that's for sure. Gregerson is dirty filthy looking too.

Do the Astros have what it takes to knock KC out though? I mean all they did was beat a Yankee team that was not only on the downslide of late, but that no-one really expected to do much this season as well.

Edited by Green Building

I only caught from the 4th or so inning onward, but the Yankees obviously got nothing going. When A Rod came to the dish with runners on 1st and 2nd I thought "Okay, here's your chance to prove yourself and to make good on your very good, if not great, comeback season". Fly out. Hah! Suck it Rod.

Keuchel though. Damn. I watched a grans total of 0 Astros games this year, and know only of his stats. He is clearly worth every stat he has, the man can toss that's for sure. Gregerson is dirty filthy looking too.

Do the Astros have what it takes to knock KC out though? I mean all they did was beat a Yankee team that was not only on the downslide of late, but that no-one really expected to do much this season as well.

Good pitching always wins, Yankees ended their reg season on a slump. Their bats were second only to Jays, and got shutout at home today.

The way Jays ended last couple of games is not very reassuring. Just hope they have a good game 1 and get some momentum.

Edited by Jaimito

Houston looks like they could be a tough team to face.....Jays made up their playoff roster....

Here are the 25:

Pitchers: David Price, Marcus Stroman, Marco Estrada, R.A. Dickey, Roberto Osuna, Brett Cecil, Aaron Sanchez, Mark Lowe, LaTroy Hawkins, Liam Hendriks, Aaron Loup.

Catchers: Russell Martin, Dioner Navarro.

Infielders: Edwin Encarnacion, Justin Smoak, Chris Colabello, Ryan Goins, Troy Tulowitzki, Josh Donaldson, Cliff Pennington.

Outfielders: Jose Bautista, Kevin Pillar, Ben Revere, Dalton Pompey, Ezequiel Carrera.

Notable, although in most cases not surprising, are the additions of Loup, Pompey and Carrera.

The name of the game is speed.

Either Martin or Navarro will be catching Dickey...cant keep Thole on the roster just for that.

It'll be Martin. He caught R.A. most of the season. Navarro will probably catch Estrada, especially if the opposition is throwing a righty.

I like the additions of Carrera and Pompey. I think the Jays need a guy who can come in and steal you a base, or score from third on a shallow fly ball. Case in point: Without Dave Roberts, the Red Sox are probably swept by the Yankees in '04, instead of pulling off the greatest series comeback ever.

Suck it New York.

When the "fans" started booing Gardiner, that sealed it for me. Yeah, he had a tough day at the plate, but there was a lot of that going around. He also made a catch off of Gattis (right after the Rasmus homer) to keep the second inning from getting out of hand.

Don't worry NY fans, you've still got the Mets and you can always hope that "playoff" Kershaw shows up instead of "regular season" Kershaw....

Hopefully we don't see much of Aaron Loup in the playoffs. Just mop up duty hopefully.

Loup will likely be brought in to face one lefty at a time. If the Rangers split the left handed bats up, Loup could conceivably be brought in face Fielder, Hamilton or Choo.

Cecil would be more likely to come in and pitch an entire inning, where one or more of those guys are scheduled to hit.

Not sure if the split numbers support this, but Loup seemed a bit better than Tepera near the end of the season. I know for the season as a whole Tepera had much better numbers, but I guess the 4 lefty Rangers bats numbers may reflect Gibbons decision for Loup vs Tepera.

Not sure if the split numbers support this, but Loup seemed a bit better than Tepera near the end of the season. I know for the season as a whole Tepera had much better numbers, but I guess the 4 lefty Rangers bats numbers may reflect Gibbons decision for Loup vs Tepera.

Exactly. Also, Tepera is more of a long reliever, whereas Loup will likely face a couple of batters at most (more likely only one)

Hendriks will be the Jays' long man, if any of the games are a blowout for either team.

So I'm leaving for NY tomorrow. Stop at TO for a day and my cousin there says he's got tickets for the Jays games. #blessed

...get to watch JD JB EE and the star studded lineup for the first and probably only time ever in person. So excited!!!! :]]]

Thats excellant...Tony Romo is going as well..lucky guys