The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

Okay, Russel Martin is Canadian, and Pillar looks Canadian.  Donaldson plays like a Canadian.  However, it's still way over there in TO.  Why cheer for any friggin' TO team?  :sick:

Why cheer for team canada in hockey? I mean there's probably only 4-5 players at the most from BC. The majority come from Ontario... 

It's the maple leaf.... We have to support it. For me it's going back to about 1990. I care that's why I'm critical when we finally have a chance. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Why cheer for team canada in hockey? I mean there's probably only 4-5 players at the most from BC. The majority come from Ontario... 

It's the maple leaf.... We have to support it. For me it's going back to about 1990. I care that's why I'm critical when we finally have a chance. 

I used to be a huge Expo fan..but still hoped for the Jays as well....something about the Maple Leaf thing.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Holy $&!#. I didn't know they played so early. And they got killed.

Sorry, folks, they're done. Stick a fork in 'em. No idea what the hell happened the last few weeks.

4 wins in their last 12..lost 4 series in a row...no hitting....crap pitching ..off for Anahiem and Seattle...Seattle will kill them...they want the playoffs and are winning...Im willing to bet the Angels sweep them.

I agree..they are pretty much done...I have never seen a potenial playoff team tank so hard. I am getting so I cant even watch them anymore.

Just now, ShakyWalton said:

4 wins in their last 12..lost 4 series in a row...no hitting....crap pitching ..off for Anahiem and Seattle...Seattle will kill them...they want the playoffs and are winning...Im willing to bet the Angels sweep them.

I agree..they are pretty much done...I have never seen a potenial playoff team tank so hard. I am getting so I cant even watch them anymore.

Really disappointing. Their amazing second half last season is how I got into following them regularly in the first place. Before that it was on and off and not with great attention either. It's a shame, I was obv hoping for playoff ball. I've only seem do that once in my lifetime.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Really disappointing. Their amazing second half last season is how I got into following them regularly in the first place. Before that it was on and off and not with great attention either. It's a shame, I was obv hoping for playoff ball. I've only seem do that once in my lifetime.

If you can find video of the '92 and '93 teams in the playoffs it is still great viewing. Amazing teams.

10 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I'm still optimistic they'll make playoffs but it certainly doesn't seem like a guarantee anymore.

I find it funny that they've gone on this slide since sportsnet magazine wrote about the "epic turnaround" of Toronto's various teams.

and basically the trade deadline...the moves they made havent done a thing...I also think all these September call ups have disrupted this team....Im with Zaun on this one