The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] President Trevor Linden

Strombone1

Please describe a 'good man" .. you believe Gillis was "something other"? .. please define what a 'good man' is to you, since this seems to be more about their character than their abilities? Gillis was dedicated 100% to the Canucks and no matter what his intentions, can you point out one instance when he put himself first?? I suggest no-one on these boards knows anything about who Gillis really is as a person.

I agree and like Linden, I think Mike built a lot of solid personal relationships in VAN.

Please describe a 'good man" .. you believe Gillis was "something other"? .. please define what a 'good man' is to you, since this seems to be more about their character than their abilities? Gillis was dedicated 100% to the Canucks and no matter what his intentions, can you point out one instance when he put himself first?? I suggest no-one on these boards knows anything about who Gillis really is as a person.

I don't respect a man who stood at a podium and basically told the entire nhl that one of his player's career was over. Malhotra could have lost his opportunity to be an NHL player because of those comments by MG. He's tremendously lucky that Carolina didn't buy into Gillis's comments and gave him another chance. MG had no right to do that to one of the team's heart and soul guys. Sorry, but that's not how you treat the players

So did Aquaman just misuse his words or did Torts just get fired?

I think aqua is a stupid man .. I think he just threw mike and torts under the bus but didn't mean to.. I dont believe that he is media savy .. I think he's nervous ,and I think he will regret saying what he did ..

I don't respect a man who stood at a podium and basically told the entire nhl that one of his player's career was over. Malhotra could have lost his opportunity to be an NHL player because of those comments by MG. He's tremendously lucky that Carolina didn't buy into Gillis's comments and gave him another chance. MG had no right to do that to one of the team's heart and soul guys. Sorry, but that's not how you treat the players

Agree 100%

You guys just hear aquamans comments on the presser? Lol torts is getting canned..

Too bad cause I like the guy

Totally caught that:

Maybe not word for word, but that stuck out to me (too): Mike hired him, I supported that decision....that's why we have a change in direction today.

It wasn't the TSN app on my phone or any of my friends that alerted me first to the confirmation that Linden was president…it was my mom, who is so out of touch with everything sports texting me "OMG OMG OMG TREV LINDEN IS THE PRESIDENT OF THE CANUCKS!!!"

Makes you realize how many generations of aging puck bunnies collectively squealed at the thought of Vancouver's perfect man being back in the spotlight. My dad would normally be jealous, but he has an even bigger crush on Trevor Linden than my mom...

Congrats Trevor! Looking forward to how you do in the new position!

this presser scared me .. not about trevor .. he is a confident well spoken , class act who knows the game of hockey ...

seeing Aqua man .. wow .. just wow .. what a fool .. this is the guy making decisions about our hockey team .. the only decision he should make is what ice cream he will have for desert ..

Archived