The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDSF: (2) San Jose Sharks vs (3) Los Angeles Kings

Who will win the series?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

WE think WE have problems? .. Sharks have Thorton for 3 more years at $6.75 mil per, and Marleau 3 more years @ $6.667 .....

Boyle is UFA .. there may be a major shake-up from the Owner on down

But I wouldn't expect a massive overhaul, not with so many guys having no trade clauses. Thornton, Marleau, Stuart, all have 'em.

There is one last factor huge factor why the Sharks lost. They were really top heavy on talent up front but they relied a piece meal defense that played great but lacked the one quality defense men that also carried leadership skills like Doughty, Chara, Seabrook. Look at how Seabrook's hit changed the momentum in that series.

I agree. Doughty looked like a man possessed out there. See that spin-a-rama?

There is one last factor huge factor why the Sharks lost. They were really top heavy on talent up front but they relied a piece meal defense that played great but lacked the one quality defense men that also carried leadership skills like Doughty, Chara, Seabrook. Look at how Seabrook's hit changed the momentum in that series.

Agreed. Canucks really need a defenseman like that. Bieksa, Hamhuis, etc.... just aren`t and are never going to be that `one`defenseman

Go hard for Weber

Well it was fun to watch SJ completing their historic choke job to a perfection. Unfortunately the team that made it happen is the LA freaks which now I hate even more then Bruins.

Here's hopping Anaheim Ducks can finish what SJ chokers couldn't, and also sending mouthy doughty and rat brown on a stretcher while at it.

I think the main reason they lost was because of Stoll taking out Vlasic.

Hard to win without your #1 D, just like I doubt LA wins if Doughty's hurt.

The GWG for game 6 could have also cost the Sharks the series. Sharks still need to play better than they did though.

Last year everyone was complementing SJ's ability to rebuild on the fly, not so much this year. So what happens in SJ now? Boyle is gone, Thornton, Marleau; do you trade one or both?

That's a very good question. Sharks are in the same spot as Canucks were. I really think they are faced with moving one of the two of Marleau or Thornton or face the risk of falling stats and the team falling as well. I would not envy Doug Wilson's job right now!

Defence and goaltending wins championships, and depth scoring wins Game 7s.

Common theme of every single year in the playoffs, and it was evident in all the Game 7s tonight. The Sharks don't have a solid defenceman to shut down Kopitar and he and Williams scored a crucial goal, but the depth forwards won the series for the Kings, while Quick and Doughty shut down the Sharks offence completely.

Common theme of every single year in the playoffs, and it was evident in all the Game 7s tonight. The Sharks don't have a solid defenceman to shut down Kopitar and he and Williams scored a crucial goal, but the depth forwards won the series for the Kings, while Quick and Doughty shut down the Sharks offence completely.

Those depth players on the Kings Clifford,Muzzin,Martinez etc..were all outstanding.

They do but Vlasic was injured, that left a huge hole. It was all downhill after he got hurt in the 1st period of game 5.

Well it was fun to watch SJ completing their historic choke job to a perfection. Unfortunately the team that made it happen is the LA freaks which now I hate even more then Bruins.

Here's hopping Anaheim Ducks can finish what SJ chokers couldn't, and also sending mouthy doughty and rat brown on a stretcher while at it.

Just wondering, why so much hate for the Kings on here? Just because they beat the Canucks on their way to winning the cup?

I really like the Kings, and now that Giguere is officially retired Jonathan Quick is pretty much my favorite current goalie.

Just wondering, why so much hate for the Kings on here? Just because they beat the Canucks on their way to winning the cup?

Yes. Although I think a lot of it has to do with their fanbase. Also there are only 4 teams that have beaten us since 2009 (Chicago, Boston, L.A, San Jose) so naturally we hate all of them.

They do but Vlasic was injured, that left a huge hole. It was all downhill after he got hurt in the 1st period of game 5.

Same with our cup finals Loss in 2011. After Hamhuis got injured it was pretty unlikely we could win the series.

Archived