The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Jim Benning signs as new Canucks GM

TheRussianRocket.

It would fit with the intended timeline Linden has suggested.

Would be great to have the new GM in place with 5-6 weeks left to prepare for the draft.

The only candidates I like more than Benning are guys who probably won't leave their current jobs. Definitely feel like he's the best man available, especially for the specific needs of this team and its front office.

I think Trevs timeline might have been pushed up slightly with the Caps firing McPhee & the flyers promoting Hextall to GM this week he cant afford to wait too long on this otherwise he may end up missing on some other GMs, JB takes the Washington job, Boston maybe pigs and not let JB out of his contract since it is Vancouver after all etc etc

Might be the worst kept secret in hockey, but what if the Bs come back and win the series? Has Boston given official permission for Trev to make a deal with JB?

I'm guessing it happens regardless.

The interesting question will be whether he's actually released by the Bruins when announced or whether he's hired but has to remain with them until at least their playoffs are done and maybe not until after the draft.

It's because they're full of classless, dirty hockey players. There isn't a single player on that team I have any respect for.

Guess what? That style of hockey wins and they have the numbers to prove it. You just dislike the franchise because of what happened in 10/11. Time to move on bud.

Good choice. Benning is a big part of Bostons success. I know our fans hate them (I do) but there style of play works and it won them a cup and another SCF trip recently. If Benning can use his experience to emulate that here we may see a deep playoff run sooner rather than later. Trevor Linden, you are off to a great start.

I'm guessing it happens regardless.

The interesting question will be whether he's actually released by the Bruins when announced or whether he's hired but has to remain with them until at least their playoffs are done and maybe not until after the draft.

His AGM duties would be minimal at this point...The only point of staying would be getting his name on the SC,one would think(if the Bruins won)......Anyway,lets hope JB is the new GM of the Canucks...Seems like the right man for the job.

I am not gonna say I am a fan of Boston as a team / franchise but they have lots of classy & good players there as well, I could be in the minority but I find Lucic can be pretty annoying with his antics and whining later on.

Iggy, Bergeron, Chara etc are all solid classy players

Sorry your sig always bugs me.

Even if the N's do look a little like R's in cursive, his tattoo is funny because it said "Champians", not "Champiors".

When I read it I see "Champiars".... but certainly not Champions.

Archived