The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa to play for Team Canada at World Championships!

hockeyville88

Pretty sure the guy in your sig was mentored by KB3 and would disgree with you about his toughness.

Just because he may be smart, doesn't make him weak. And let's show some fights that he's won...there have been many. I'm quite sure there are many in the league who won't go against Kevin, that says something right there.

BTW...Eager was shaking him around and picked him up by the pants...that's not called fighting.

6'7", 244 lbs...didn't see him back down here.

LOL.

You are using Boyle as an example?

He couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag and has lost against pretty much everyone he has faced.

I am not doubting Bieksa has fight ability. In fact I used to be a huge fan back when he worse #25.

I just can't stand players acting tough and then picking their spots.

Perfect example was the Calgary brawl. Goes in to apparently "save" Lain, doesn't end up fighting Westgarth....but then has no problem going after Smid. Then Lain fights Westgarth anyway.

Congrats to Garrison...but...even with limited roster options, was he really a good choice? I have no idea why he makes the money he does. Honestly, he would qualify as a 3rd pairing guy on any team I was running and not a spot higher

Agreed. His lack of foot speed and poor positioning will be exposed, especially on the bigger ice.

Interesting to see all of these armchair experts, predicting that Juice and Garrison will be "exposed" on the International ice surface...

If you really were "experts", you'd know that a larger ice surface makes it easier for defensemen, not harder.

LOL.

Because size was mentioned at some point. How do you know that HE picks the spots and the other guys aren't doing so? Just because no fight ensues doesn't mean he backed out.

And you do know the refs like to get in front of him?

Bieksa's proven himself...just because you haven't recognized it doesn't mean anything.

Because size was mentioned at some point. How do you know that HE picks the spots and the other guys aren't doing so? Just because no fight ensues doesn't mean he backed out.

And you do know the refs like to get in front of him?

Bieksa's proven himself...just because you haven't recognized it doesn't mean anything.

Do your own research.

Have a look at who he has fought.

Mr. Goon himself Ryan Jones and tough as nails Mark Giordano have been his most recent 2 fights..... :bored:

I am no expert but I know enough about fighting in hockey and the fighters in this league.

Numerous PLAYERS THEMSELVES have called him out on in it during games.

For actually not be embarrassed to bring up Brian Boyle of all people as a Bieksa opponent shows how much you know about fighting in the NHL.

No arguing with you though, you are a mod after all. You are always right.......or the other person just get's warned/banned.

Do your own research.

I am no expert but I know enough about fighting in hockey and the fighters in this league.

For actually not be embarrassed to bring up Brian Boyle of all people as a Bieksa opponent shows how much you know about fighting in the NHL.

No arguing with you though, you are a mod after all. You are always right.......or the other person just get's warned/banned.

That last paragraph was not necessary. Deb has shown the willingness to debate topics and allow others to have opinions. I can't think of any time she's banned someone that wasn't warranted.

Do your own research.

Mr. Goon himself Ryan Jones and tough as nails Mark Giordano have been his most recent 2 fights..... :bored:

You just may have some authority issues ..

Do your own research.

One question: Who cares?

It's not like he's an enforcer. He stands up for himself and his teammates. Sometimes that means taking on bigger guys and sometimes it means taking on smaller guys. He wasn't signed to be the team policeman, so people should stop judging him on who he has fought and who he hasn't.

FYI, Gio started the fight with Bieksa.

You also might remember a Juice beat down of Patrick Marleau a few playoffs ago. Bieksa was lambasted for that one by such luminaries as Nick Kypreos and Mike Milbury, even though Marleau started that one as well.

You must feel proud to be in such exalted company...

One question: Who cares?

It's not like he's an enforcer. He stands up for himself and his teammates. Sometimes that means taking on bigger guys and sometimes it means taking on smaller guys. He wasn't signed to be the team policeman, so people should stop judging him on who he has fought and who he hasn't.

FYI, Gio started the fight with Bieksa.

You also might remember a Juice beat down of Patrick Marleau a few playoffs ago. Bieksa was lambasted for that one by such luminaries as Nick Kypreos and Mike Milbury, even though Marleau started that one as well.

You must feel proud to be in such exalted company...

Actually Bieksa challenged Gio after the big hit into the boards.

Bieksa also challenged Marleau, crossing checking him from behind for a good 15 seconds and egging him on before Marleau finally dropped his gloves back at the blue line.

Yes. Very proud. That or I just like keeping players accountable. Like I've said before, I used to be huge fan of Bieksa. What I've noticed countless times is what I believe to be true, which is why its hard from me to like him. That and his atrocious defensive coverage of course.

Actually Bieksa challenged Gio after the big hit into the boards.

Bieksa also challenged Marleau, crossing checking him from behind for a good 15 seconds and egging him on before Marleau finally dropped his gloves back at the blue line.

Yes. Very proud. That or I just like keeping players accountable. Like I've said before, I used to be huge fan of Bieksa. What I've noticed countless times is what I believe to be true, which is why its hard from me to like him. That and his atrocious defensive coverage of course.

Nice revisionist history.

FTR: Nobody really cares whether you like him or not and nobody cares if you think he's a bully who beats up little guys like Patrick Marleau and Brian Boyle.

Personally, I'm proud to be in the same company with people who don't feel the need to slag on Canucks at any opportunity...

...them and the people who put Team Canada together, whom I doubt share your "unbiased" opinion on Bieksa's "atrocious defensive coverage".

Do your own research.

Oh, so you pick your battles then? Hmmm.

Knock off that crap, it's untrue I warn people when they break the rules, as you just did. Stay on topic please/thanks.

Anyhow, let's just say I'm quite sure you wouldn't be saying any of this to Bieksa's face. But keep pounding away (on that keyboard).

Oh, so you pick your battles then? Hmmm.

Knock off that crap, it's untrue I warn people when they break the rules, as you just did. Stay on topic please/thanks.

Anyhow, let's just say I'm quite sure you wouldn't be saying any of this to Bieksa's face. But keep pounding away (on that keyboard).

Well said, the character assassinations I see of some our players on this site are mind boggling. KB is not the Canucks resident tough guy nor should he be judged as such. If you want to debate his merits it should be on his abilities as a top 4 d-man on the Canucks (like it or not that's what he is). Interesting point to note, my 2 best friends are a leaf fan and an oilers fan (and both played professional hockey so their opinions matter- to me) and by consensus, KB is the one guy they both wish they had on their teams.

LOL.

He couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag and has lost against pretty much everyone he has faced.

I am not doubting Bieksa has fight ability. In fact I used to be a huge fan back when he worse #25.

I just can't stand players acting tough and then picking their spots.

Perfect example was the Calgary brawl. Goes in to apparently "save" Lain, doesn't end up fighting Westgarth....but then has no problem going after Smid. Then Lain fights Westgarth anyway.

Actually in his first full season when he was on his way to a 40+ point season AV told him to pick his spots better. Told him he didn't have to fight everybody that looked at him wrong and he was more valuable on the ice than in the box for five minutes. Besides, it's not like he's a heavy weight goon who is looking for fights.

Btw, in the Calgary brawl the refs immediately jumped between Bieksa and Westgarth and separated them. Bieksa then cut off Smid who was heading over towards Garrison who already had Butler heading at him. The guy can't protect everybody on the ice.

Archived