The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa to play for Team Canada at World Championships!

hockeyville88

Now he can show the whole world how he likes to give the puck away several times a game. Colorado game he was terrible, pinching at the wrong time allowing a two on one (they scored) and then on the empty net goal he bats the puck right to the Colorado player. Too much of this over the season from this guy. On the big ice he will be even more out of postition. But that might be a good thing with our new GM watching and able to say to Trevor, etc let's trade him. Package Bieksa, Garrison, Edler and Burrows and send them packing. Time for some new hustle on the team.

Now he can show the whole world how he likes to give the puck away several times a game. Colorado game he was terrible, pinching at the wrong time allowing a two on one (they scored) and then on the empty net goal he bats the puck right to the Colorado player. Too much of this over the season from this guy. On the big ice he will be even more out of postition. But that might be a good thing with our new GM watching and able to say to Trevor, etc let's trade him. Package Bieksa, Garrison, Edler and Burrows and send them packing. Time for some new hustle on the team.

Agreed. He will be exposed even more of how brutal he is defensively

Juice as always the character guy.....

On a side note, would love to see him square off with Gallant. Roughly the same weight class, would be a good tilt.

No thanks.

Gallant is not an NHL level player. So from that angle alone the fiver wouldn't be worth it. Secondly , Gallant would destroy him. Gallant can throw bombs and take them - a winning combo. This fellah traded with Magratten and took shots that would have seen KB3 miss games; something thant Kevin would never do and shouldnt have to.

Kevin is tough but he is no heavy.

No thanks.

Gallant is not an NHL level player. So from that angle alone the fiver wouldn't be worth it. Secondly , Gallant would destroy him. Gallant can throw bombs and take them - a winning combo. This fellah traded with Magratten and took shots that would have seen KB3 miss games; something thant Kevin would never do and shouldnt have to.

Kevin is tough but he is no heavy.

I agree, the trade off penalty wise would be in the Islanders favor. Gallant isn't a heavy and I think it would be a good test for Juice.

As you and Rypien37 have pointed out, it appears the kid has a solid chin and some heavy hands. Would love to see how Juice would fair against him, as I stated Juice wouldn't be stepping out of his weight class.

My apologies for side tracking the thread OP.

And there are just your "average" fighters.

He doesn't fight the tougher ones but majority non fighters.

Pretty sure the guy in your sig was mentored by KB3 and would disgree with you about his toughness.

Just because he may be smart, doesn't make him weak. And let's show some fights that he's won...there have been many. I'm quite sure there are many in the league who won't go against Kevin, that says something right there.

BTW...Eager was shaking him around and picked him up by the pants...that's not called fighting.

6'7", 244 lbs...didn't see him back down here.

Has it b

Just an update. Many already knew Burrows was going to WC, looks like Mr. Garrison will also be making the trip.

3 Canucks on team Canada!

Has it been confirmed Burrows has accepted an invitation? I'm looking on the Team roster list and I don't see his name. Just Garrison and Bieksa.

I hoping he passes if he's got some nagging injures from the season.

Archived