The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolaj Ehlers

S N Y P E R S 7

I don't make up things and put them in your mouth, so to speak. I read the things you say or in this case type and infer. People who love Ehlers, LOVE, Ehlers. And everyone else sucks but Ehlers. People say all these things about him and make me wonder how he's not a clear cut top 3 pick. "Bure this, Bure that". Patrick Kane bro's the next Patty Kane. :frantic:

You are still in denial of what you did. You claimed that I think Ehlers is better than Crosby, which is not only a crock, but childish.

I take any of the top 5 over Ehlers and have stated so at least a dozen times. I think Ritchie and Nylander would also be good picks but I prefer Ehlers.

You come here, dont add anything about the topic at hand, and instead just come to judge how other posters act and assign cynical made up quotes to them. This resolves nothing.

If you are interested in any of the prospects then say so.

With respect to Ritchie, he is one of the older players ranked in the top 10-15 picks, he is 8 months older than Virtanen(one of the youngest) and has played one more season of junior.

However he is the best player on his team and doesn't have the supporting cast that a lot of the other prospects do.

Saying Ehlers can be like Kane is a stretch, Kane at the same age was on a different planet, 58 games 145 pts, that's in the OHL not the Q.

Ehlers played really well in the playoffs, and that means a lot when I judge a player personally. Would have liked a better look at him on tv if they made it to the Memorial Cup. Might have sold me on him if he kept playing well. Having said that, if we take him at 6th id be ok with it. I still want Ritchie, if he gets in better shape he will be a force one day.

With respect to Ritchie, he is one of the older players ranked in the top 10-15 picks, he is 8 months older than Virtanen(one of the youngest) and has played one more season of junior.

However he is the best player on his team and doesn't have the supporting cast that a lot of the other prospects do.

Saying Ehlers can be like Kane is a stretch, Kane at the same age was on a different planet, 58 games 145 pts, that's in the OHL not the Q.

OHL had a higher GPG this past season than the Q.

Is this the official crybaby thread?

I mean, out of all the pretentious pos posts i've posted over the years, THAT redundant thought is the one you've selected to whine about? It wasn't even a troll, just a simple observation. If you're upset about that, well, calm down.

Instead of blah, blah, blah, how about adding to the discussion? More useful.guy

Hahaha. Exactly what I thought. Pretentious p.o.s. That's crying??? It was an accurate observation of your insecurity. I can tell your the kind of person that is the 1st to get knocked the fuck out at the bar homie. Carry on.

Scouts say he plays the same way Kane does , but is faster than Kane. It doesnt mean he can finish or approach his totals. Kane is a probable 1st ballot HOF when its said and done.

Its the same as suggesting Virtanen plays the same style as Peter Forsberg. In your face, tough to get off the puck kind of pressure pursuit. Doesnt mean Jake has a hope in hell of being as good as Forsberg .

Here is a good piece put together by a guy who follows the Mooseheads. It indicates he is still 5ft 11 but now he weighs 176 lbs. To those who think hes easy to knock off the puck. Check out 1:22 of the vid. A defenseman decided to Scott Stevens the oncoming Ehlers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW35enlmGoY

Hahaha. Exactly what I thought. Pretentious p.o.s. That's crying??? It was an accurate observation of your insecurity. I can tell your the kind of person that is the 1st to get knocked the frack out at the bar homie. Carry on.

Ah, I can see you have special needs. I'll take note.

Correct. The special need to call you out for the countess bull ish you spew daily. Bout time someone did. I'm glad I'm the one. Carry on, carry on.

So not only are you adding nothing to this thread, but you're not adding anything new to your troll either? I'm bored already.

You haven't even countered my point that you so wanted to, um, call out? Is that what this is, you are calling me out?

Its called belligerent. You are arguing with guys who think its fun to hide behind the internet using a fake name to get into never ending argument. They actually get off on it.

Now I am hearing that Nylander might no longer be in play. From HF boards apparently his dad has Cody syndrome and his play is so far too inconsistent. Its coming down to Ehlers and Ritchie at number 6.

Some guys on there want to trade down to try to get Virtanen at #10 or 12 but my bet is he goes at #9.

Would be nice to get Ottawa''s pick so we can get both Ehlers and Virtanen.

That Nylander situation looks like a little bit of a red flag...I'm sure that Marcus Naslund and all of our Swedish connections would give the Canuck scouts the real lowdown in this kid..

You are still in denial of what you did. You claimed that I think Ehlers is better than Crosby, which is not only a crock, but childish.

I take any of the top 5 over Ehlers and have stated so at least a dozen times. I think Ritchie and Nylander would also be good picks but I prefer Ehlers.

You come here, dont add anything about the topic at hand, and instead just come to judge how other posters act and assign cynical made up quotes to them. This resolves nothing.

If you are interested in any of the prospects then say so.

I have said so, and Ehlers fanatics like yourself claim Ehlers trumps everyone. You make me sad.

I know that most of you aren't thinking virtanen is good enough for a sixth pick. But he seems like the kind of player that would be good in the playoffs as opposed to some of the others. It's also been mentioned he doesn't have good hockey iq. I don't know about that. He just might not try to use it. He always seems to be just charging for the net and trying to score. Coaching could get him to play a smarter game of the guy could calm down a bit. I really like what I've seen of him even though it's just youtube.

That Nylander situation looks like a little bit of a red flag...I'm sure that Marcus Naslund and all of our Swedish connections would give the Canuck scouts the real lowdown in this kid..

Agreed. I am still high on Nylander but the news is disconcerting yes.

I know that most of you aren't thinking virtanen is good enough for a sixth pick. But he seems like the kind of player that would be good in the playoffs as opposed to some of the others. It's also been mentioned he doesn't have good hockey iq. I don't know about that. He just might not try to use it. He always seems to be just charging for the net and trying to score. Coaching could get him to play a smarter game of the guy could calm down a bit. I really like what I've seen of him even though it's just youtube.

the point about hockey iq is important. he is a one dimensional player. its not that he 'isn't using it'.

if he played a 'smart game' it would be visible in his play. he simply plays one way and its a way that wont necessarily translate well against much bigger and faster professional players...

one dimensional players are easy to stop and its never a good idea to draft them unless they have the talent of a guy like bure, who could get away with it...this guy is not bure talent

Archived