The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Kesler to remain a Canuck

TheRussianRocket.

Kesler is not a good PLAYMAKING center period.

He's hit 50 assists before with a old top 6er in Samuelsson before. If you think he can't pass, get passers for him. I'd personally get a playmaker for one wing, Kesler the shooter, and a hybrid passer/shooter on the other aka Kassian.

Trading Kesler now, even though he wants to stay, would be about the most embarrassing thing the Canucks have ever done.

Not a good start for Linden, who knows all about the Canucks embarrassingly trading their teams' true leader away.

Not a good start for Linden, who knows all about the Canucks embarrassingly trading their teams' true leader away.

Except only the blindest of the blind would believe Kesler is the team's "true leader". Henrik is the de facto leader of the team, followed closely by Bieksa. Kes is up there, but I don't believe he is on the same level as the two I mentioned.

Trading Kesler now, even though he wants to stay, would be about the most embarrassing thing the Canucks have ever done.Not a good start for Linden, who knows all about the Canucks embarrassingly trading their teams' true leader away.

Where was his leadership in the past 15 or so games?

Trading Kesler now, even though he wants to stay, would be about the most embarrassing thing the Canucks have ever done.

not even close. Not off the ice anyway

not even close. Not off the ice anyway

I think Kes is actually the least popular personality amongst the 'core.'

They've known him for a long time and he's a friend, a teammate, so they're tight.

I don't think he's loved in the same way Burrows and Bieksa are. He's probably matured the least as an off ice leader in the bunch.

Don't care if they like him, but they should respect their teammates, otherwise they are the problem. He is better than they are, and did a lot more this season for us that any forward. 25g on the most pathetic offensive team in Franchise history is a miracle. He was passing well all year too, but don't do much with guys like Hansen 3rd wheeling you.

Kesler will not be moved. Quote me on that. Players that will be moved are Higgins and Hansen. Burrows and Edler are the next to be moved, which might not be till next summer.

Does Linden want to be known as the guy who's first big move was trading fan favourite Ryan Kesler? Nope.

Kesler will mentor Horvat next year. This is more beneficial than getting prospects or a young centreman.

If we are not a lock for the playoffs next year at the deadline, Kesler will be traded however.

Kes, along with Sedins, Bieksa, and Hamhuis are the true core and they'll all be here next year, unless they get an offer they can't refuse for Ryan Kesler.

Kesler has an NTC not a NMC

A NMC means no movement, period!

A NTC could mean many different scenarios, depending on the language of the contract.

If Management told Kesler to supply a list, then he is contractually obligated to supply one if it is in his contract.

I believe Kesler when he says he wants to stay.

No he's not required to do anything as he has a full NTC. A full NTC gives him the legal right to decline any trade. The difference with a NMC is a player can't be traded or sent to the minors without his permission. A full NTC doesn't prevent a player from being sent to the minors but does give him the right to decline any trade.

You're confusing a full NTC with a limited NTC. A limited NTC will have a set of conditions attached within the players contract. Those conditions can vary greatly from contract to contract.

Kesler will not be moved. Quote me on that. Players that will be moved are Higgins and Hansen. Burrows and Edler are the next to be moved, which might not be till next summer.

Does Linden want to be known as the guy who's first big move was trading fan favourite Ryan Kesler? Nope.

Kesler will mentor Horvat next year. This is more beneficial than getting prospects or a young centreman.

If we are not a lock for the playoffs next year at the deadline, Kesler will be traded however.

Kes, along with Sedins, Bieksa, and Hamhuis are the true core and they'll all be here next year, unless they get an offer they can't refuse for Ryan Kesler.

i do not see kesler as a mentor to anyone, nor do I want Horvat to play and act like Kesler

i do not see kesler as a mentor to anyone, nor do I want Horvat to play and act like Kesler

Nor I .. Kesler is a great player but he does not make anyone around him better .. he is a top-six winger or a shut-down center .. and he canna do both at once.

Until this team moves a couple major pieces of their core (aka Kesler, Burrows, or Edler) and gets some serious depth/youth in their system it'll be the same song and dance for a few years to come, fringe team who lack the depth, scoring, and youth to even have a chance at making noise in the playoffs. Every single team in the west had at least two good, young, star players on their roster who will carry the torch for their respective teams. The Canucks donnot. Not even close.

Kesler is the only player on the roster who will fetch you a good return in a trade after this past season. Until people can let go of the past and start looking forwards to the future it's going to be a long couple even few years for them as a

Canuck fan. The Canucks are at a standstill while the competition keeps getting better. Recipe for failure unless some major shakeups occur. Its inevitable.

Don't read into that he also said he'd prefer to keep those talks within the team. Secondly Linden also said that he never talked to the Canucks 24 hours prior to being hired. Thirdly Linden saying he has to chat with Ryan and see where his head is at obviously shows smoke for this situation; if it wasn't an issue Trevor would've said, there's nothing going in there. Finally you could tell from the exit interview that Kesler is out of it, he's given up.

dont believe a word you hear these guys say in the media .. of coarse he says he wants to stay .. so did cody .. kes is as good as gone .. you watch ..

I think your right if MG was still here, who knows what Linden influence is on the situation. I think it would be for the best to move him. I agree with you that what players or management say to the media is lip service and should be taken with a grain of salt. All the people that only believe something if there is a direct quote are out to lunch.

Kesler is clearly hedging his bets. He's saying all the right things to the media because if no trade happens he doesn't want to be viewed as that guy who doesn't really want to be here. I'm convinced that if the right deal was presented to him, he'd take the first flight out of town.

Horvat-Kesler-Kassian sometime in the next couple years.

For all the people saying we need a playmaker at 2C (for whatever reason??) I don't see Toes racking up the assists, still has yet to hit 70 points again, never sniffed Keslers 50 assist high. He's a goal scorer 1st, with better wingers, better team........treated like a god.

Horvat-Kesler-Kassian sometime in the next couple years.

For all the people saying we need a playmaker at 2C (for whatever reason??) I don't see Toes racking up the assists, still has yet to hit 70 points again, never sniffed Keslers 50 assist high. He's a goal scorer 1st, with better wingers, better team........treated like a god.

Toews is one if the best players in the league it doesn't take much to realize this. Kesler is a good 2nd line center that's it.

Archived