The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where is Gillis now?

sh1ftg34r

I would guess taking a much deserved breather and time with his family.

This league hasn't been kind to him in many regards, wouldn't surprise me if he totally gets away from hockey to focus elsewhere. I wish him luck in whatever direction he takes.

I would guess taking a much deserved breather and time with his family.

This league hasn't been kind to him in many regards, wouldn't surprise me if he totally gets away from hockey to focus elsewhere. I wish him luck in whatever direction he takes.

Well said

There is a good chance that Gillis wins a Cup before the Canucks do .. we, who supported what Gillis was trying to achieve with the Canucks, will try to be here to watch all the exploding heads and haters turning on each other .. and we will smile ..

Oh for the love of... he completely destroyed the team; it was the right call. Come on, this is hilarious to me.

Am I the optimist now? Id like to think that there is at least a chance that we look back on this and say hiring Linden was an act of providence.

Oh for the love of... he completely destroyed the team; it was the right call. Come on, this is hilarious to me.

Am I the optimist now? Id like to think that there is at least a chance that we look back on this and say hiring Linden was an act of providence.

I am glad I have amused you .. many is the time I have recounted what a hilarious fellow you are as well .. he far from destroyed anything, as time will prove .. he has set us on a course to 'retool' and acquired assets to speed up the process .. after all .. even Trevor acknowledged its a 'process' .. anyone who does not accept this is just another over-reactionary 'fanboy', as 'Hippy calls 'em.

There is a good chance that Gillis wins a Cup before the Canucks do .. we, who supported what Gillis was trying to achieve with the Canucks, will try to be here to watch all the exploding heads and haters turning on each other .. and we will smile ..

You supported Gillis and we are smiling.

At least Gillis got paid to have his denial of reality.

I think a normal person would just disappear for a bit - decompress as Gillis used to say. I could see Gillis either working for the NHL in some capacity or being part of a management team for a club. Gillis is a smart man and one who I think people love to misunderstand. My guess is he learned these past few years.

He obviously made some goofs but even if you look at this year he picked up Stanton, Santo, and Richardson - those are pretty decent for nothing pick ups. Gillis did a lot of good things here and if you look at the numbers you can't call his period a fail.

Most GM's and coaches cap their careers off by being fired.

You supported Gillis and we are smiling.

At least Gillis got paid to have his denial of reality.

Yes .. and I will support our next GM too, unless it is Messier .. I support every member of the Canucks at every level .. I try to support every fan .. but some 'fans' are more about always choosing sides and attacking their 'goat of the week' .. if a player is struggling, he needs support, not ridicule. I believe karma is real.

Too many so called fans seem to be as fickle with their entertainment choices as they are with their lives .. everything must be instant .. everyone must be treated with either fawning adoration, or, when they stumble, absolute loathing. I believe in karma.

This place is a microcosm of Society .. I wish it was a microcosm of 'hockey fans' .. those who love the game and choose the Canucks as their team. Mostly I believe in Canuck Nation .. there are some great people everywhere that love and support the Canucks, no questions asked.

Archived